Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What’s the word here? Heard we’ve been working him behind the scenes and OU mods are hedging?

Not sure, but Ohio State currently has four "corners" committed and are probably leading for two of the top five safeties in the country, so I'm not sure if they're pushing 

OU 247 on Austin Jordan.. brevity isn't a virtue with these guys 

Spoiler

Collin and I have talked to sources around Norman, Austin and Columbus and right now this is what we have:

1) If it’s a commitment, the Sooners haven’t heard from Jordan BUT I’m also told he is a take and OU has felt good about him for some time.

We will continue to get more clarity on that if we can.

2) No buzz out of Austin right now. Doesn’t mean it won’t be a surprise commitment for the Horns, but we also aren’t expecting it at the time of this note being typed up.

The few sources in Austin that Collin talked with tell him they feel it would OU if it’s a commitment.

3) I don’t foresee Ohio State being a player in the end, but not because they were beat. I’m told Ohio State has two spots left for safety. They feel really good about Zion Branch still.

Also, even those in Columbus feel Jordan is an OU lean, so there is that.

4) So, where does that put tomorrow’s 1 pm announcement? That we are still trying to track and get 100% clarity on. Colin also spoke to some sources in Denton that told him they don’t expect it to be a commitment to either. Could they also be blindsided? Sure.

Again, that doesn’t mean it isn’t and we are gonna be shocked here (quiet kids are the ones that usually do the shocking), but from our digging at this point, it could be an All American game announcement or a date for a future commitment, too.

Collin was told that Jordan could also be re-visiting a few places to re-check things out at the end of July, but that is still just speculation at this time.

Like we have said, Jordan is quiet and keeps to himself a lot. We don’t want to say it’s one way or the other without 100% verification on the situation, but according to sources we have talked to, Ohio State is one we can rule out and Texas sources seem to still feel it’s an OU win if the pick was today.

5) Lastly, I want to reiterate that I did ask if Jordan was a take for OU and got a resounding “yes” from a source so that rules out OU not wanting AJ. Collin got a similar response with his sources.

We will continue to dig and update if we get more info on this. Again, we are unsure about hat exactly this could be but I’ll update you all if I can clarification on what the deal is one way or the other.

NOTE: I think obvious statement is if it’s a commitment tomorrow and OU isn’t aware of things, it doesn’t bode well for OU. So, we continue to dig…

The more people I talk with, the more I am confused. At one point, literally a week ago, OU was very confident about Jordan. Now, a lot of uncertainty.

Again, we will continue to dig.

Mike at Night: Notes on two out of state prospects and an in-state target deciding soon

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Mike at Night: Notes on two out of state prospects and an in-state target deciding soon

Mike Roach

— Four-star Denton Ryan cornerback Austin Jordan announced he will make a big announcement tomorrow. It sounds like it could be a commitment, though it seems like that would be a surprise to the schools recruiting him. A source near Jordan expects him to reach out to his top three schools tomorrow and communicate with them prior to the announcement. Oklahoma has been the favorite for Jordan for quite a while, and I expect the Sooners to be the pick if he does make a commitment. A source I spoke to at Denton Ryan told me that AJ has been able to do a strong job keeping everything quiet.

— Greg Biggins released a big update on four-star defensive tackle Hero Kanu. Kanu spoke highly of his visit to Texas and his relationship with Pete Kwiatkowski who has been recruiting him for quite a while. With trips already scheduled to Oklahoma and Ohio State, Texas has three chances left to get him back to Austin in the fall. Notre Dame and Georgia are also in play along with a few others. Kanu has been a big riser during the camp season, and several college coaches I spoke with feel he has the chance to be special. While Texas will have to battle some big suitors, they appear to be in the race for the big German tackle.

Nahlin: Does the Austin Jordan math work? (TL;DR they don't know)

Spoiler

The Denton Ryan defensive back is announcing his school of choice tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1415081322352193540

He’s down to these three schools.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1367158400795226115

The question with Jordan has always been, who will push for him the hardest? He has good offers but that’s not exactly the same as options.

Texas is in an interesting spot. Personally, I have never seen Jordan as a corner, however he could be a quality rangy safety in the Big 12 and given the staff brought him in for an official visit, I believe UT is in agreement with that sentiment.

But numbers often become an issue.

Texas has a commitment from Aledo’s BJ Allen who will be a boundary safety. That wouldn’t be Jordan’s role but Allen does have a solidified spot.

Texas also has a commitment from Port Arthur Memorial’s Jaylon Guilbeau, who is a similar player to Jordan, though I believe Guilbeau probably has the better chance at sticking at corner.

The staff is in a good spot for Beaumont West Brook’s Bryce Anderson who can play anything in the secondary.…but he’s not in the class. If he were a commit, things might be different with how the staff figures the numbers.

Obviously they‘ll have room for North Shore’s Denver Harris no matter what. There won’t be resolution of some sort on that recruitment until September.

So what to do? That’s the question. Per a Denton Ryan source, Texas is still in contact with Jordan as of this evening.

Due to what I’ve outlined above, I personally think he ends up elsewhere, likely OU, but UT is still involved and it is worth watching.

I will continue to take the position that Texas is landing Anderson and Harris. Hedgers are fucking pussies and know what’s out there and are just scared. 

Also, I know it’s obvious, but it’s sad watching the stupidity of some of these guys getting paid to cover recruiting.  The “math” made sense when they thought Texas was landing Hullaby, but somehow Jordan, an obvious replacement candidate for that role, might not be a number in the class if he wants to come. Literally nothing else is different with the numbers. They’d have taken Hullaby irrespective of Brooks, and Anderson and have remained open numbers. 

• Hook 'Em 9

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I will continue to take the position that Texas is landing Anderson and Harris. Hedgers are fucking pussies and know what’s out there and are just scared. 

Also, I know it’s obvious, but it’s sad watching the stupidity of some of these guys getting paid to cover recruiting.  The “math” made sense when they thought Texas was landing Hullaby, but somehow Jordan, an obvious replacement candidate for that role, might not be a number in the class if he wants to come. Literally nothing else is different with the numbers. They’d have taken Hullaby irrespective of Brooks, and Anderson and have remained open numbers. 

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Guilbeau

Hall

Harris

Anderson

Jordan

would be a good DB class 

Has Turner-Gooden been accounted for in this calculus?

Gonna be fucking Oregon, isn’t it?

God the meltdown would be so epic I almost want to see it
If super k is right this has to be an indication on where the staff feels about Anderson. 

Or Guilbeau. Or on taking a lot of DBs in general. Anderson, Harris, Jordan, Guilbeau, Allen, LTG/or some yet unknown late bloomer project. That’s not unreasonable in the modern game, and the roster is light on DB numbers after this year.

He’s probably just picking an AA game or something tho

7 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

$9.95ers be like 899ED07F-56E0-4CA5-8DBE-F99AF80F5FF4.thumb.jpeg.3fa903737d391726d69a24f93f99a6a9.jpeg

She plays this part SO well. I’m ready for more Ozark! 
But for now, back to Recruiting…

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Apparently the top ;) tweet was deleted. 

@BurntOrange&White- Help my feeble brained self, if you please- Do we think this deletion was because it’s not looking great for Jordan? (And if I’m way the hell behind on the situation, please just ignore me)

15 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

Gerry

Hide contents

Texas still leads for Anderson
Beaumont West Brook defensive back Bryce Anderson remains scheduled to make one-day visits to Texas July 30 and Texas A&M July 31.

While there is speculation that Texas A&M leads for the 6-foot, 186-pound versatile defender, IT can report that Texas continues to hold the advantage entering the last two unofficial visits. Michael Huff was a gold strike on the official visit for Texas, and Steve Sarkisian has become much more aggressive in his approach with Anderson.

On the Texas A&M side, Jimbo Fisher has got what he wanted with Anderson not announcing a decision early in July. The Aggies want one more big swing at the coveted and popular Golden Triangle prospect.

Notes:
WR Jordan Hudson, Garland High
While the 6-foot-1, 190-pound receiver with exceptional hands and ball skills is currently set to be a future member of the SMU Mustangs, the Texas staff will continue to recruit the five-star prospect. While Jeff Banks is heading up the recruitment, receivers coach Andre Coleman has a connection with the Hudson family. Hudson’s father, Walter Hudson, played at Kansas State. That has opened the door for Coleman to have additional communication with the family.

Here We Go Again GIF by memecandy

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

Went down a rabbit hole on Bama 247 

- I don't think they're going to fill up and make it easier for us to land Evan Stewart; he appears to have a spot no matter what, even if it means dropping someone or adding an extra WR spot in the class, although best guess is this will be a four WR class

-

-

Where do I send my 9.95

20 minutes ago, Fud said:

Went down a rabbit hole on Bama 247 after seeing that they're likely flipping an in-state WR who just decommitted from Maryland to see what their WR board appears to look like

- I don't think they're going to fill up and make it easier for us to land Evan Stewart; he appears to have a spot no matter what, even if it means dropping someone or adding an extra WR spot in the class, although best guess is this will be a four WR class

- Some programs have cooled on Kevin Coleman because he's not working out for anyone and is smaller in person than expected. Bama supposedly won't let him commit until he works out for them

- Luther Burden isn't a priority for Bama

- Kobe Prentice (the Maryland decommit) and Barion Brown appear to be takes, and will likely take up two spots. Also in-state WR Omari Kelly appears to be a take per Bama mods, to the dismay of many Bama posters; we'll see on that one

- They supposedly didn't fight hard for Kojo Antwi

- They're in on several Louisiana kids; LSU commit Aaron Anderson, Shazz Preston, and slot/rb/ath Kendrick Law. LSU boards seem confident in landing/keeping all three, but some Bama "insiders" think they have a shot 

- Don't see Brenen Thompson or Jordan Hudson (I thought I remembered seeing that he was planning on visiting Bama in the fall, but can't find where I saw that) mentioned at all 

It's good to be Bama.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting