Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

You bastards beat me to the punch. I am in Lajitas, just reading this thread after hiking all morning. And I laughed out loud. Your uncle needs to get his shit together and not be so butthurt with his players about Texas. 

Are you playing golf there? Pretty nice and fun course, just bring lots of golf balls.

Coach 3 is a bitch. But it is an example of the difference between being coach at Texas and at Alabama. Saban can literally call all the coaches in Alabama and be done by lunch with a coffee break. Then he’s free to cherry pick Texas the rest of the day.  Calling all the coaches in one classification in Texas for 5 minutes is a 10 hour grind with no lunch. Reading that stuff does make one ponder how Saban would have handled on these whiny bitches in Texas. If only his wife could have found a house….

Edited by Mitch Hedberg
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Doing that on Saturday. Played it last summer with my little boys in 110 degrees. It’s fucking amazing, and yeah, we’ll lose like 40 balls. 

I was there over Memorial Day.  Best part was the gun range.  AR-15 and a handgun running around shooting at targets. 

7 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

FWIW, I really like Jeff and think he's an outstanding coach and person. It's a shame Rockdale's rogue school board member who pretty much calls the shot in that podunk town ran him off 2 years after winning the second state title in school history.

I met him briefly after he moved back here last year, he was moving into my neighborhood as I was moving out.

Super nice guy, didn’t strike me as an aggy at all. 

What mistakes do new head coaches or assistant coaches make when they begin recruiting in Texas?

Coach 2: Being arrogant. Texas high school coaches are arrogant too. I can say it. We feel pretty highly of ourselves; we feel like we can outcoach most of those guys anyway. But I think they come in and don’t try to get to know the people and the lay of the land. Some coaches act like they know it all and aren’t willing to listen.

Seriously, Texas HS coaches are bigger cunts that the real housewives of OC.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dropping in the coaches’ key/legend from the article graciously supplied by NoName. Give him some rep.

Coach 1: Head coach in the Houston area (10-plus years experience coaching in Texas)
Coach 2: Head coach in West Texas (15 years)
Coach 3: Head coach in the Dallas-Fort Worth area (20-plus years)
Coach 4: Head coach in East Texas (10-plus years)
Coach 5: Head coach in Central Texas (20-plus years)
Coach 6: Head coach in South Texas (15-plus years)
Coach 7: Head coach in the Houston area (15-plus years)
Coach 8: Head coach in Central Texas (30-plus years)
Coach 9: Head coach in East Texas (20-plus years)
Coach 10: Assistant coach in the Dallas-Fort Worth area (five-plus years)
Coach 11: Head coach in South Texas (20 years)
Coach 12: Head coach in the Dallas-Fort Worth area (10-plus years)
Coach 13: Offensive coordinator in the Houston area (10-plus years)
Coach 14: Head coach in the Dallas-Fort Worth area (20-plus years)
Coach 15: Assistant coach in the Houston area (15-plus years)
Coach 16: Head coach in the Dallas-Fort Worth area (20-plus years)
Coach 17: Head coach in the Houston area (30-plus years)
Coach 18: Former assistant coach in South Texas (five years)
Coach 19: Head coach in the Houston area (25-plus years)
Coach 20: Head coach in the Dallas-Fort Worth area (25-plus years)

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Dropping in the coaches’ key/legend from the article graciously supplied by NoName. Give him some rep.

Coach 1: Head coach in the Houston area (10-plus years experience coaching in Texas)
Coach 2: Head coach in West Texas (15 years)
Coach 3: Head coach in the Dallas-Fort Worth area (20-plus years)
Coach 4: Head coach in East Texas (10-plus years)
Coach 5: Head coach in Central Texas (20-plus years)
Coach 6: Head coach in South Texas (15-plus years)
Coach 7: Head coach in the Houston area (15-plus years)
Coach 8: Head coach in Central Texas (30-plus years)
Coach 9: Head coach in East Texas (20-plus years)
Coach 10: Assistant coach in the Dallas-Fort Worth area (five-plus years)
Coach 11: Head coach in South Texas (20 years)
Coach 12: Head coach in the Dallas-Fort Worth area (10-plus years)
Coach 13: Offensive coordinator in the Houston area (10-plus years)
Coach 14: Head coach in the Dallas-Fort Worth area (20-plus years)
Coach 15: Assistant coach in the Houston area (15-plus years)
Coach 16: Head coach in the Dallas-Fort Worth area (20-plus years)
Coach 17: Head coach in the Houston area (30-plus years)
Coach 18: Former assistant coach in South Texas (five years)
Coach 19: Head coach in the Houston area (25-plus years)
Coach 20: Head coach in the Dallas-Fort Worth area (25-plus years)

A lot of penis envy from these guys but why would you expect anything different.  Reality is that the majority of these HS coaches would love to be a coach at a major college but clearly never got their shot for whatever reason.

If your a hs coach in DFW for 30 years you probably are bitter AF and think you’d run the Texas program better than any millennial punk they keep hiring.  I mean “sark” is younger, recovering alcoholic, and making 50x what their making.

But that’s why you have buffers to get that intel so if the 60 yo DFW coach wants to dazzle you with 10 mins of how to coach the wishbone then if the recruit or pipeline is worth it then you get it on the schedule.  I would expect this gets built up again but given all the regime changes it is not in place and hence the butt hurt.  Time will tell.  

Question is what is the highest and best use of Sarks time?  It certainly isn’t buttering up some old AF HS coach over a single recruit unless it’s a 5 star.  So fuck off HS coaches he’s got to get a QB ready, figure out how to protect him with the patchwork Oline, and oh yeah feed Bijan.  Win some games and those coaches shut up real quick.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, NoName said:

Coach 4: Not really evaluating kids that coaches promote. … Selling those kids is more important than selling the big-time kid, but when they come in, they only want to see (the big-time kid). Well, you may not get that kid, but you’ve gotta listen to the coaches and evaluate the kids they push. … Then a Tennessee or Oregon offers, and then Texas and A&M jump in. That’s the same kid we were telling you about, and now you want to talk to him because someone else offered him?

Lol

”We know you’re here to see Evan Stewart, but come look at Kai fuckin Money over here.” 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Every time CTJ reads these posts he loses his shit laughing, wherever he is in the world. One time a patisserie in Paris asked him to leave because he was making a scene, grabbing customers while simultaneously laughing to no one in particular like Randall Murphy while the poor bastards were trying to order their cigarette and coffee breakfast. 

Everybody wins here, so good work boys. 

They ought to have thrown his ass out. Street mimes breaking character is a cardinal sin in France. 

Edited by Vertigo

14 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Hell, Mack sucked off Texas HS coaches more than anyone.  And, even he had his fair share of HS coaches that got pussy hurt when he didn’t recruit their players fast enough.  

There are some really good coaches but unfortunately there too many wannabes that would selling Tupperware if they couldn’t find a high school job.  Napoleon Dynamite GIF

• Haha 1

I think a coaches influence on what school the player chooses is way overrated. 

No doubt some kids rely on a coaches input,  but the coaches I ask about that say that for the most part a coaches input is minimal in deciding.  

When I ask what the biggest influence on making the decision is,  nearly all say social media.  I think upping our social media game could be a big help to our recruiting.

Just now, Laga4 said:

I think a coaches influence on what school the player chooses is way overrated. 

No doubt some kids rely on a coaches input,  but the coaches I ask about that say that for the most part a coaches input is minimal in deciding.  

When I ask what the biggest influence on making the decision is,  nearly all say social media.  I think upping our social media game could be a big help to our recruiting.

In what way? We already have one of the biggest creative/social media departments, and have the biggest following across platforms. I suppose there might be a gap in like TikTok or something, but I don't have an account so *shrug.*

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

In what way? We already have one of the biggest creative/social media departments, and have the biggest following across platforms. I suppose there might be a gap in like TikTok or something, but I don't have an account so *shrug.*

we need to get content on tictok. At first I thought the tok was visual crack for stupid people. Now I see it’s just crack

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

We may have one of the biggest social media departments,  but I'm not so sure it is one of the most creative or effective.

Granted, I'm no expert on it and most of what I see is posted here but what I see here doesn't seem to be cutting edge. 

My main point is that the players seem more focused on that than the wishes of their HS coach.  

Just my . 02c. 

Humidor 

By: Justin, Gerry, and Eric

[This is not a two-part Humidor, this is a parceled Humidor. We’ll have the team portion up in a little bit, though, yesterday was a few months worth of Scoops and Humidors orated by Steve Sarkisian, Bijan Robinson, and Keondre Coburn]

EDGE Derrick Brown (Texarkana, TX) - 2022: The 6-foot-4, 210-pound composite four-star is set to announce his intentions on July 31st, one day after he attends UT’s BBQ/pool party in Austin. That’s a solid sign. After eliminating OU and Texas A&M, this is a Texas-Baylor battle heading into the final stretch. He’s also been in contact with UT target and fellow east Texan Jeremy Patton, who coincidentally (?) is also making a verbal pledge on July 31st. That’s another positive. Brown tells IT he’s really connected with Jeff Choate, Pete Kwiatkowski, and Chris Gilbert. Another box checked. Now, it’ll be up to Steve Sarkisian to close. Baylor did swing things in its favor, briefly, but UT is again the team to beat.

LB Jeremy Patton, Tenaha (Tenaha, TX) - 2022: Speaking of #bEASTtexas bros, the 6-foot-2, 210 pound three-star known for riding his horse to school is also announcing his future intentions on July 31st. Patton is down to Texas, Baylor, and Michigan, and will see UT on July 30th, the day before the big day. Patton is also found of defensive coaches Pete Kwiatkowski and Jeff Choate, and tells IT the genuine, authentic relationships will win in these sweepstakes. The Horns have put themselves in great shape here, and again, we’ll see how much Mariano Rivera ability the new Texas head coach has. 

DB Austin Jordan, Ryan (Denton, TX) - 2022: Texas scooped up the 6-foot, 190 pound four-star defensive back on Wednesday, bringing the class of 2022 to 15 members. With OU, and Ohio State to a lesser degree, also in pursuit, Texas landed a prospect with 20 offers and some noteworthy times in track and field. He posted a 22.02 200 in 2021. He’s also a part of the 4x100 and 4x200 relays, and ran anchor on Denton Ryan’s 5A state-qualifying 4x200 relay. There’s some real ability here and will interesting how Terry Joseph and Blake Gideon develop it. Jordan chose Texas because he likes what Texas is building, the opportunity to play early, and preparation for life after football. Early playing time is a big part of the 2022 DB and WR sell. Speaking of which…

WR Evan Stewart, Liberty (Frisco, TX) - 2022: In talking with an assistant coach in the SEC West that is recruiting the big-time, playmaking receiver, the feeling was Stewart would end up staying close to home. This coach also mentioned Alabama as the school most likely to pull Stewart from out-of-state. That is the second assistant coach since mid-June that is recruiting Stewart that believes he will end up staying close to home. 

DB Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont, TX) - 2022: IT doesn’t expect any change leading up to the trips to Texas on July 30th and Texas A&M on July 31st. The Longhorns hold an advantage, but both programs still have a legit shot to win out. Steve Sarkisian’s more aggressive approach has resonated. 

CB Denver Harris, North Shore (Houston, TX) - 2022: IT fully expects Denver Harris to go swimming at the end of the month. Texas A&M is also trying to get him to visit for their event on the 31st, but that’s looking less likely. Demonstrated NIL success, not the theoretical kind, could go far with Harris. To be clear, IT is not saying Harris is looking for NIL money himself, he’s just curious what the value of current quality Texas players is. Like Stewart, Harris is another elite talent who would prefer to stay closer to home but would seriously entertain Alabama if it’s the best opportunity.

*Note: Before Harris decides in September numerous Texas players will have signed notable NIL deals to varying sizes.

11 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

Steve Sarkisian’s more aggressive approach has resonated

Can someone explain to me what the more aggressive approach is

He'd been doing a pretty laid back "take your time" approach. Now making it more clear we want and need kids and pressing to close.

21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He'd been doing a pretty laid back "take your time" approach. Now making it more clear we want and need kids and pressing to close.

But this is coming from the 9.95'ers, who we mock incessantly for making everything up, no?

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting