Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

32 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Take that Fat Ketch!

taking the opportunity shout out to @RGBIII, @closetojumping ,@immamac and i assume the actual writer of the tweet below @SydneyCarton for reminding me of the gold in this account on the last podcast.

more funny stuff spoilered below

Spoiler

hamburgled!!!

christ, i'm still laughing at hamburgled.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NoName said:

taking the opportunity shout out to @RGBIII, @closetojumping ,@immamac and i assume the actual writer of the tweet below @SydneyCarton for reminding me of the gold in this account on the last podcast.

more funny stuff spoilered below

Hide contents

hamburgled!!!

christ, i'm still laughing at hamburgled.

ketch.gif.10da4961e6dedde3f5e3993b5c5837fa.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

maybe not the thread for it, but whos the recruit that showed up and is already acting like a bitch that was mentioned on the podcast? can dm if its more appropriate.

I think it was rumored to be a 5 star. which narrows it down a bit unfortunately

26 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Anyway, back to 22 recruiting. Anderson posted this on IG

E6cbSoGWYAAvlzP?format=jpg&name=large

All 3 of them posted that. Hopefully it actually happens. Would be insane. 

I know we aren’t counting him but if they does happen I’d wager Dewberry ends up in Austin but that’s a lot of what if’s 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

In the “edit” (hey, I’ve learned my terminology), that’s (clockwise from top) Earl, Huff, Griff, Jammer and... DeShon? I guess it’s good have someone from a younger generation represent, he did have a good final year and is in the league. And feel free to tell me I’m wrong on my presumption that’s Elliott. But whatever the case, I love the message, hope it comes true and isn’t an effective troll job. That would be a nice spring game poster. 

(Thanks to Burt Macklin for the reminder KV wore 4, and for also being a helluva FBI agent.)

Edited by Vito Andolini

1 minute ago, Vito Andolini said:

In the “edit” (hey, I’ve learned my terminology), that’s (clockwise from top) Earl, Huff, Griff, Jammer and... DeShon? I guess it’s good have someone from a younger generation represent, he did have a good final year and is in the league. And feel free to tell me I’m wrong on my presumption that’s Elliott. But whatever the case, I love the message, hope it comes true and isn’t an effective troll job. That would be a nice spring game poster. 

That last guy is Vaccaro, not Elliott. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Thanks, Burt. Kenny was more decorated, both in awards and tattoos (though DeShon also had a sleeve).

DeShon Elliott was much more decorated than Vacarro coming out of college... but Vacarro was unquestionably the better player.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I'd rather not use a fun gif like that for a Buckeye. Feels wrong.

Point well taken.  F that guy for bailing on his home state.  But if he has a change of heart be fun to see if he can win the job or transfer out anyway.

An Ole Miss Rivals mod forecasted Bryant to Texas.  Looks way underrated, lowest rating is actually on 247.  If he does commit to Texas on August 26th we'll be sweating it out if he's still going to OV to Ole Miss.

Bo gone end up stacking the interior DL room if he pulls in Bryant and Bledsoe to go with Ross.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

An Ole Miss Rivals mod forecasted Bryant to Texas.  Looks way underrated, lowest rating is actually on 247.  If he does commit to Texas on August 26th we'll be sweating it out if he's still going to OV to Ole Miss.

Bo gone end up stacking the interior DL room if he pulls in Bryant and Bledsoe to go with Ross.

Couple that with one of the recruits parents saying "They just need some SEC type bodies up front," and I am enchubbened for the chubbies.

• Haha 1

The class is already at 15. Unless the two special teams guys are somehow delaying their scholarships in some fashion, or we're "trapdooring" someone, how do we stay at 25?

In contention (12): Anderson, Harris, Bryant, Bledsoe, Brown, Perkins, Patton, Finkley, Campbell, Dewberry, Stewart, Thompson

Could flip (2): Banks, Williams (OL)

Long shots (5): Williams (WR), Greene, Skinner, Cheeks, Boardingham

Not to mention some random OL, late riser, or other player I'm sure we'll end up with.

Edited by MuellerHorn

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

The class is already at 15. Unless the two special teams guys are somehow delaying their scholarships in some fashion, or we're "trapdooring" someone, how do we stay under 25?

I will be shocked if the kicker who goes to Austin Regents and is only ranked 15th in the country at his position isn’t paying his way for the first year. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

The class is already at 15. Unless the two special teams guys are somehow delaying their scholarships in some fashion, or we're "trapdooring" someone, how do we stay at 25?

In contention (12): Anderson, Harris, Bryant, Bledsoe, Brown, Perkins, Patton, Finkley, Campbell, Dewberry, Stewart, Thompson

Not to mention some random OL, late riser, or other player I'm sure we'll end up with.

I’d have Stewart in the long shot category, and Perkins and Dewberry in a “nope” category. We could also conceivably lose Guilbeau and/or Winfield. 
On the flip side, it’s a given that we’re going to eventually hear new names at OL, and probably WR too. If we have a good season and find ourselves in an errbody situation, there’s a few candidates to be trapdoored. Sark came from Bama so I assume there’s no qualms about that. 

2 hours ago, tokamak said:

I’d have Stewart in the long shot category, and Perkins and Dewberry in a “nope” category. We could also conceivably lose Guilbeau and/or Winfield. 
On the flip side, it’s a given that we’re going to eventually hear new names at OL, and probably WR too. If we have a good season and find ourselves in an errbody situation, there’s a few candidates to be trapdoored. Sark came from Bama so I assume there’s no qualms about that. 

Satya sock

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

(Thanks to Burt Macklin for the reminder KV wore 4, and for also being a helluva FBI agent.)

6 looks to be Diggs for the younger generation 

7 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

How many are EEs that we could back count to 2021?

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting