Aaron Rodgers Disgruntled with Packers and Does Not Want to Return

Vic Mackey

4 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

So is State Farm going to continue to let the nutbar rep their company?

Good question.  Using Aaron’s logic of ‘my medical team’…customers can now forego paying for State Farm insurance policies and simply deploy their ‘risk assessment team’…which consists solely of my uncle taking a look at your damaged bumper and neck injury and saying, “yeah, that’ll buff out.  Just rub this cream on both.”

The Packers should get slammed with a big fine but more importantly loss of draft picks. They knew the truth and let Rodgers not follow the protocol for unvaccinated players.  Even if he was tested daily, that wasn’t the only provision agreed to by the players union. But given that Rodgers uses words to his benefits, he could mean taking his temperature or how he’s feeling that day when he says “tested.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

he is taking ivermectin, a prescription medication that the FDA, NIH, and CDC say should not be used to treat COVID-19, though it has been considered a possible treatment for worms in the brain.

I love how the Horse paste crowd is all "Hey, a Nobel prize was awarded for the study of Ivermectin, clearly it's good for treating COVID". 

You know what else was awarded a Nobel Prize?  Radium, and it killed the person who studied it and a bunch of others who worked with it.  Maybe all the Ivermectin lovers should be trying to find old watch dials to lick.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

I will say if he’s telling the truth about being tested daily he’s much safer to be around than any vaxed person. Should not need to isolate or mask the  day of a negative test

the incubation period for pre-asymptomatic and asymptomatic transmission is undetermined and possibly hours not days

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Packers should get slammed with a big fine but more importantly loss of draft picks. They knew the truth and let Rodgers not follow the protocol for unvaccinated players.  Even if he was tested daily, that wasn’t the only provision agreed to by the players union. But given that Rodgers uses words to his benefits, he could mean taking his temperature or how he’s feeling that day when he says “tested.”

the league knew all of this and did nothing.

league is praying this dies quickly.

look for a total embargo on discussion about wodgers this weekend, all games, all networks.

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the incubation period for pre-asymptomatic and asymptomatic transmission is undetermined and possibly hours not days

Are you suggesting that someone could get a negative PCR test in the morning, subsequently contract the virus, and then have enough viral replication that they could spread the virus in less than 24 hours?

32 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Even if he was tested daily, that wasn’t the only provision agreed to by the players union

Daily testing is the gold standard and from a scientific/epidemiologic standpoint, nothing on top of this would be necessary. You may be right, he may not have been talking about Covid testing. Perhaps he had proof that his chakras were aligned, So his immune system was tiptop

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Are you suggesting that someone could get a negative PCR test in the morning, subsequently contract the virus, and then have enough viral replication that they could spread the virus in less than 24 hours?

it happened in china in february 20

someone left wuhan before the lockdown and 7 friends were all symptomatic 500km away 6 hours later

now, IF YOU ARE VAXED!!!! low and behold your ability to incubate or contract from a pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic carrier craters

you know, if you jabbed and shit

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Daily testing is the gold standard and from a scientific/epidemiologic standpoint, nothing on top of this would be necessary. You may be right, he may not have been talking about Covid testing. Perhaps he had proof that his chakras were aligned, So his immune system was tiptop

PCR testing for every single person on the field when they come down the tunnel is the only 100% certain way to be sure.

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

he's suggesting that nobody knows if that's possible, especially you.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

it happened in china in february 20

someone left wuhan before the lockdown and 7 friends were all symptomatic 500km away 6 hours later

now, IF YOU ARE VAXED!!!! low and behold your ability to incubate or contract from a pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic carrier craters

you know, if you jabbed and shit

You don’t get infected with a virus and then start spewing it everywhere. The replication time for SARS COV 2 is 7-10 hours. You need several cycles of replication to become infectious. Best estimate I’ve seen is a little over 3 days. This article breaks it all down pretty well. Bottom line is a daily PCR test will pick up viral RNA before viral load is high enough to be infectious, and certainly before an asymptomatic (vaxed or unvaxed) carrier is infectious

Latent period (from infection to being able to transmit). (Li et al., 2020a😞 "In addition, the median estimates for the latent and infectious periods are approximately 3.69 and 3.48 days, respectively"; see also table 1 in this paper. (He et al., 2020😞 We use the time it takes infectiousness to reach half its peak, which happens two days before symptom onset based on Figure 1C. As symptoms arise after five days (see 'Incubation period' below), this implies a three-day latent period.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7224694/

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

he's suggesting that nobody knows if that's possible, especially you.

Not true. See above. Unless you are arguing we need 100% certainty. Which is a ridiculous standard that does not occur in medicine 

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

PCR testing for every single person on the field when they come down the tunnel is the only 100% certain way to be sure.

We can never be 100% certain in medicine. See above. The idea that that should be the standard is ludicrous

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

We can never be 100% certain in medicine. See above. The idea that that should be the standard is ludicrous

Exactly, and this "100% or else what science and medicine say is bullshit" type of argument is at the core of a lot of the bad faith arguments that we are seeing now:

"Oh, someone who was vaccinated got COVID, the vaccine doesn't provide 100% protection from infection, checkmate, vax lovers" - look at the breakdowns of vaccinated/unvaccinated in pretty much any metric: new infections, sympomatic infections, hospitalizations, ICU populations, deaths.  They all point to an incredibly obvious conclusion, unless you're intentionally trying to miss it.

"Oh but getting COVID doesn't mean I have a 100% chance of dying or even getting seriously ill, I don't need a vaccine" - great, just turn yourself into a COVID distribution vehicle and an incubator for new variants.

"A mask doesn't block 100% of transmission, so why bother" (or the even better "masks do more harm than good", what a load of bullshit)

These arguments are just not logically sound, and when they're put forth by people who should (and do) know better, they are actively harmful.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We all know Goodell plays favorites. Certain teams and players can skate by. Very curious what happens here. Rodgers is able to get rule changes because he's their golden boy.

• Rage+1 1

We also need to remember that these risk assessments are for a population, not individual transmission. Look at it this way:

For someone who is being tested daily to become infectious, they would need 3 daily false negatives in a row preceding their 1st positive test. For the PCR tests, the likelihood of that approaches zero. Even for the non-PCR tests, it is less than 5%. At some point between the theoretical third false negative and their first true positive and subsequent isolation, they would have been able to expose and potentially infect a certain number of people they encountered. Basically 24 hours or less.

Now compare that to someone who is not being tested daily. If they contract COVID-19, they will be infectious for 2-3 days before  becoming symptomatic. Let’s assume their first test after symptoms is not a false negative and they are isolated without that delay. They have the potential to expose and possibly infect far more people in that scenario than the person testing daily, even assuming worst case scenario for the daily tester and best case scenario for the non-tester.

Of course in the second scenario, a vaccinated person would likely shed fewer viral particles than someone who is not vaccinated, but the cumulative exposure from that vaccinated person who doesn’t test daily would be much greater than the unvaccinated person being tested daily.

Obviously, daily testing is expensive and onerous, and not something I would ever advocate on a widespread scale, but if you’re a dumb ass millionaire and want to get a daily brain biopsy and pay for it, I don’t have an issue with it

Also Rodgers did take the monoclonal treatment. In my opinion the people who do that pretty much invalidate all of their rationale for not getting the vaccination in the first place. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Well shit, time to jump off the Packers bandwagon and see if there’s any room on the Buccaneers, Cardinals or Rams bandwagon.  

There's always room for you to come join us Bucs fans. I gotta warn you, tho. You're in for some very miserable years once Brady is gone. But that's what makes us stay strong...we suck together. We're the Riley Reed/Elsa Jean's of the NFL world 

• Like 1

One thing confuses me. Why would Aaron Rodgers need to do his own vaccine research when Lamar Jackson had already done it? Can’t these guys pool their resources or something so we don’t have a whole bunch of NFL players conducting vaccine research? Seems like a waste to me.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

There's always room for you to come join us Bucs fans. I gotta warn you, tho. You're in for some very miserable years once Brady is gone. But that's what makes us stay strong...we suck together. We're the Riley Reed/Elsa Jean's of the NFL world 

Only if they bring back the creamsicle look. 

• Like 1

i love the irony of disgruntled rodgers asking for more consideration of his highly intelligent thoughts from the higher-ups on the roster, in light of this.

yeah, i've been immunized.

yeah, you should consult me for personnel decisions.

clearly it was known rodgers was an idiot in the packers' front office and they avoided his input. but after the fallout, they tried to make him feel more involved and also allowed him to act like he was vaccinated. now this, hahahaha it's pure comedy.

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Well shit, time to jump off the Packers bandwagon and see if there’s any room on the Buccaneers, Cardinals or Rams bandwagon.  

FUCK THIS! I live in the Phoenix metro, and I'll never root for the red birds as long as the ewok (take the loss, pussy) is qb. I know Colt is the backup, and if he starts, I'll be happy to root for them.

3 hours ago, Lone Star Horn said:

FUCK THIS! I live in the Phoenix metro, and I'll never root for the red birds as long as the ewok (take the loss, pussy) is qb. I know Colt is the backup, and if he starts, I'll be happy to root for them.

If we had gotten Kyler Murray from high school or when he’d transferred from aggy you’d love him. Little tiny E is a straight up baller, don’t hate him cuz he didn’t want to join our fucking shitshow….

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I want you to congratulate you on inventing an entirely new scientific and infectious disease concept. Well done. 

On 11/5/2021 at 3:25 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's also bs that the NFL, team and reporters let him off the hook with saying he was "immunized."  That should have been followed up with "are you vaccinated?"  But NFL beat writers are not exactly incentivized to ask tough questions of the local QB.

I actually don't fault them for this. They're sports writers, not doctors and scientists. I think it's reasonable to assume many, if not all of them, thought the words are interchangeable, or that he mistakenly said immunized instead of inoculated. Unless I'm misremembering the interview? Did he say it in a very strategic/deliberate way that should've been obvious to everyone that he was being misleading?

Here’s the first question he was asked on August 26: “Are you vaccinated and what’s your stance on vaccinations?”

“Yeah, I’ve been immunized,” he said. “There’s a lot of conversation around it, around the league. And a lot of guys who have made statements, and not made statements. Owners who’ve made statements. There’s guys on the team that haven’t been vaccinated. I think it’s a personal decision. I’m not gonna judge those guys.”

Obviously, Rodgers created the clear impression that he was vaccinated. Why would he say that he won’t judge teammates who aren’t vaccinated if he isn’t vaccinated?

But then came the next question. The follow-up that prompted Rodgers to dig in deeper to his lie.

“Aaron,” the reporter said, “without getting into the personal choice thing about that, from a football perspective, you know, Kirk Cousins is talking about how he’s like in a hermetically-sealed box or something in the quarterback room. The Patriots appear frustrated with Cam Newton because he hasn’t. From a football and competitive standpoint, was that important, to make sure that you’re most likely going to be available? And I don’t know, maybe even from an example-setting standpoint?”

“No, I mean, no, it wasn’t about that at all,” Rodgers said in response. “I think I like to learn about everything that I’m doing. And you know there was a lot of research that even went into that. But, you know, there’s been, like I said, there’s been people that have tested positive. I think it’s only vaccinated people there. So you know it’s gonna be interesting to see how things work moving forward. Obviously, there could be some issues with vaccinated people only testing every couple weeks and vaccinated people testing every day. Last year, I felt like — I think I read something about this — I think it was more difficult to pull a guy out who might have tested positive on game day. I don’t think that’ll be the issue with somebody who’s not vaccinated. But you know it is interesting to see how things are played out. I think there’s been a lot of conversation around it. And just in talking with [NFLPA president] JC [Tretter], I think this is gonna continue to evolve as we get into the season.”

Everything about the question presumed that Rodgers is vaccinated, that his prior answer indicated that he is vaccinated. Rodgers answered the question without correcting the false impression. He therefore bolstered the false impression.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1