Fat People

Hanrahan

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

That’s a pretty detailed description of your situation in a response to Wulaw. But not a comparison to his I guess? My mistake carry on

It’s all the same. I wouldn’t engage with this but for the fact that I know lurkers outnumber posters by 10-1 and I know some of the comments I’ve gotten and I know that this is helpful to people. And hell someone might even change their mind and view fat people as human beings rather than subhuman scum which might not be the worst thing in the world to have happen. 
mite funny- what percentage of this website would you guess is morbidly obese?  So far we’ve  identified exactly one person whose kicked morbid obesity on their own but I bet there are hundreds of people on here that fit that category and I bet almost 100% of them have made many real and honest runs at beating it and then went into shame spirals when it didn’t happen.  

But the news that it might not be ALL their fault that they can’t lose the weight and keep it off, and medical intervention is available, helpful and often times successful hopefully will be empowering to a positive change for some people. 

Thanks again for helping carry that message out there. 

20 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

That’s a pretty detailed description of your situation in a response to Wulaw. But not a comparison to his I guess? My mistake carry on

Except he was knocking my journey based on an arbitrary number and so I was explaining what I went through but you will notice that I explained what I went through without then knocking his specific journey and situation. See the difference??

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Except he was knocking my journey based on an arbitrary number and so I was explaining what I went through but you will notice that I explained what I went through without then knocking his specific journey and situation. See the difference??

If you read my posts up thread it’s not arbitrary. 

56 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Frank

I used to.  Never morbidly obese, I maxed at 220 for a person who should be 165 or 170.  Was on weight loss efforts 6 or 8 times.  The older I got, the less the prior calorie counting coefficient held.  At about late 50’s I started into biking, 100 mile events, etc.  At peak training I was  burning 2000+ calories just on the bike daily.  And then it took 10 times as many calories to lose a pound as the last time.   Yes, I recorded everything, as I was serious about the bike and the weight was one component.  So, the data was good.

So I learned, personally, that how hard it is to lose weight, how many calories out versus in, varies with time, varies with exercise regimen, and surely varies among people.  So I became, as a consequence, more aware of this other, broadly held and scientifically informed viewpoint.  Even my biking coaches said the 1 calorie in = 1 out was b.s. 

I  was surprised to see my view change, I have to admit.  As a former engineer, the energy balance idea just HAD to be right.  Note to self, when something HAS to be right, then that just means it seems obvious, and only merits superficial examination.  And superficial examination yields high error rates.  

Fantastic post.

Good example is my wife.  She is religious about getting a good spin workout 4-6 times a week.  She's burning a shitload of calories.  And, she was on a real strict and limited eating regimen....but wasn't losing much weight, if any.  She was wildly frustrated.

Finally, she talked to a doc with some perspective and experience.  And the doc spotted the problem, easily -- functionally, "you're starving yourself, and your body spends all of its time in starvation mode, so it hoard every calorie you give it.  Start eating a more balanced diet, with a reasonable number of carbs, and you'll see progress."  Since making that change, she lost 26 lbs that weren't coming off before.  She's burning the same amount of calories, more or less (workout routine is the same).  But she's probably consuming MORE calories than she was consuming before....but now she's losing weight.

Our body chemistry can be a complex thing.  Yeah, if we all went on the Auschwitz diet, we'd lose weight.  But taking out the extremes, and there's a lot of factors that come into play.

But, you know, fatties suck, and it's all on them, they should just stop eating and stuff.  Just like the boozers should just put down the bottle.  Just quit!  It's so easy!

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

When I lost my weight, I was fucking hungry I'll tell you that.  Worst part was late afternoon.  Then, I discovered something.  Exercise worked as a temporary appetite suppressant.  I would get off work, go run 2-3 miles on the treadmill and I was back to normal.

Then I'd have a salad or something for dinner.

09062987-A861-4BDD-B9A2-E8688565B8B7.jpeg.8048794aa3ee4d9ac20cc126f5798141.jpeg

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Ok.  Best of luck on everyone's journey.  Maybe we should start a "Weight Loss for the Non-Morbidly Obese" thread because apparently our journeys are not acceptable or don't meet a specific measurement that is now the standard for this specific thread.  

I think I misread your posts and if so I apologize. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, nbmishoid said:

Now we have a standard.  The Auschwitz diet.  

Also, the imprisonment diet, generally.  It’s not a surprise that most people would not or could not submit to these approaches.  Or joining the marines.  The list of silly ideas is at least amusing.  

User name checks out. 

...as does the original user name 🙄

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fantastic post.

Good example is my wife.  She is religious about getting a good spin workout 4-6 times a week.  She's burning a shitload of calories.  And, she was on a real strict and limited eating regimen....but wasn't losing much weight, if any.  She was wildly frustrated.

Finally, she talked to a doc with some perspective and experience.  And the doc spotted the problem, easily -- functionally, "you're starving yourself, and your body spends all of its time in starvation mode, so it hoard every calorie you give it.  Start eating a more balanced diet, with a reasonable number of carbs, and you'll see progress."  Since making that change, she lost 26 lbs that weren't coming off before.  She's burning the same amount of calories, more or less (workout routine is the same).  But she's probably consuming MORE calories than she was consuming before....but now she's losing weight.

Our body chemistry can be a complex thing.  Yeah, if we all went on the Auschwitz diet, we'd lose weight.  But taking out the extremes, and there's a lot of factors that come into play.

But, you know, fatties suck, and it's all on them, they should just stop eating and stuff.  Just like the boozers should just put down the bottle.  Just quit!  It's so easy!

Good story.  

It's why a lot of people gain weight doing half marathon training.  There are other reasons as well but you have to eat the right foods and adjust the amount.

30 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Ok.  Best of luck on everyone's journey.  Maybe we should start a "Weight Loss for the Non-Morbidly Obese" thread because apparently our journeys are not acceptable or don't meet a specific measurement that is now the standard for this specific thread.  

The measurements are fluid.

Or they're piss.

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

You can believe what you want but science says you’re wrong 

My body also says he's wrong.  I probably eat better and work out more than 99% of Surly.  I weigh/measure and log everything that goes in my body.  I cook every day.  I do 1 hour HIIT classes 5-6 times per week.  But losing weight is a real bitch for me.  My Dr. has told me that if there is a famine, I'll be in great shape.  I need to lose 20-30# to be at a healthy weight.  Starting in Jan, I was eating ~2100 calories per day and could not lose weight (my BMR is 2300).  Started working with a dietician about a month ago and after talking through things with her, she increased my calories to almost 2300 per day.  Since then I'm losing ~1.5# per week.  What she said is that if the body thinks it's being starved, it will resist dropping weight.  If it is getting just enough nutrition, then it will let excess fat go.  I don't know the science behind it and it seems counter-intuitive to me, but I can tell you it has worked for me so far.  Hope it keeps working

Starvation diets don't work.  I'm changing the way I eat for the rest of my life.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

My body also says he's wrong.  I probably eat better and work out more than 99% of Surly.  I weigh/measure and log everything that goes in my body.  I cook every day.  I do 1 hour HIIT classes 5-6 times per week.  But losing weight is a real bitch for me.  My Dr. has told me that if there is a famine, I'll be in great shape.  I need to lose 20-30# to be at a healthy weight.  Starting in Jan, I was eating ~2100 calories per day and could not lose weight (my BMR is 2300).  Started working with a dietician about a month ago and after talking through things with her, she increased my calories to almost 2300 per day.  Since then I'm losing ~1.5# per week.  What she said is that if the body thinks it's being starved, it will resist dropping weight.  If it is getting just enough nutrition, then it will let excess fat go.  I don't know the science behind it and it seems counter-intuitive to me, but I can tell you it has worked for me so far.  Hope it keeps working

Starvation diets don't work.  I'm changing the way I eat for the rest of my life.  

You're right. It might work at just the beginning but eventually when you're exercising more, muscles need fuel.  That's why someone like Michael Phelps eats a massive amount of calories but his body burns through them like a furnace because of his physical requirements.

3 minutes ago, texasdago said:

You're right. It might work at just the beginning but eventually when you're exercising more, muscles need fuel.  That's why someone like Michael Phelps eats a massive amount of calories but his body burns through them like a furnace because of his physical requirements.

Agreed on the starvation diets.  2100 calories isn't exactly starving yourself, though.  That's what confuses me.  I eat plenty of food and I'm getting 230 grams of protein a day (was 200g when I was at 2100).  And I definitely have weight to shed.  Figuring out what works is easy for some people and a real motherfucker for others.  

12 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Starvation also isn't a long term solution, or even middle term solution because it's so disheartening to be hungry all the time and because you're on one of those plateaus you still don't drop much, if any weight.  No one's going to put up with being hungry/starving all the time even if they see some weight loss, let alone if the number isn't moving.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Obvious said:

Starvation also isn't a long term solution, or even middle term solution because it's so disheartening to be hungry all the time and because you're on one of those plateaus you still don't drop much, if any weight.  No one's going to put up with being hungry/starving all the time even if they see some weight loss, let alone if the number isn't moving.

Yep

Just now, closetohumping said:

I just mean genetics matter a lot.  

Agree 100%.  A good friend of mine is pushing 50 and still eats whatever the fuck he wants.  He is very active, but I'm talking burger and fries for lunch, big dinner and a huge bowl of ice cream every night.  He's 6'4" and might weigh 170 soaking wet (and his dad looks and eats just like him).  Genetics are definitely a big part of weight loss.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Agreed on the starvation diets.  2100 calories isn't exactly starving yourself, though.  That's what confuses me.  I eat plenty of food and I'm getting 230 grams of protein a day (was 200g when I was at 2100).  And I definitely have weight to shed.  Figuring out what works is easy for some people and a real motherfucker for others.  

Yeah that is a tough one.  Throughout my whole process I never counted calories or measured anything and it worked for me but that's me.  Some of it does have to do with activity level and type and what is being eaten but it changes from person to person.

I have a friend who went from lean to needing to lose weight... He's now having to take various prescriptions because of the associated health issues.  He will talk about losing weight, will post pictures of occasional bike rides, etc but then will go and pound a six-pack and keep eating like garbage.  He's not morbidly obese.  He's like i was.  His sixer of beer in the evening was my chocolate chip cookies in bed.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

i went thru almost the exact same experience! i've been logging my food for about two years and i workout 3-4 times per week.

i'm an older female (perimenopausal) genetically predisposed to gaining weight (on mom's side... ironically on dad's it's polar opposite to the tune of anorexia - family food issues everywhere you look lol) and i was always the 'biggest' girl in the class even when i was little (tall, developed early, etc). and my dad never allowed any soda, sugary cereal, twinkies, chips, any of that kind of crap. i never even had access to any of that as a child. 

anyways...post-Covid i went on a calorie reduction program, quickly lost about 15 lbs... and then just plateaued for months. finally talked with a friend who does nutrition and personal training for women... and she was appalled at how low my caloric intake was. she immediately raised it by like 500 calories and - this is key - worked out macros for me...and boom, i quickly dropped an additional 17-20 lbs. i will never and have never been 'thin' but i got back to pre-covid weight and maintain that with maybe a 3-5 lb fluctuation throughout the month. no health issues at all yet

i had to laugh honestly...I was just like 'wtf could this shit be any LESS intuitive??' 😄 that's why i just kind of 🙄 at the 'it's just calories in/out math, fatasses!' crowd.

it's pretty interesting how that works.  and @Sawbonzhas done a great job of explaining some of the other underlying issues.

anyways, all you fat guys feeling sorry for yourselves, try living life as a big girl! 😄😊

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i went thru almost the exact same experience! i've been logging my food for about two years and i workout 3-4 times per week.

i'm an older female (perimenopausal) genetically predisposed to gaining weight (on mom's side... ironically on dad's it's polar opposite to the tune of anorexia - family food issues everywhere you look lol) and i was always the 'biggest' girl in the class even when i was little (tall, developed early, etc). and my dad never allowed any soda, sugary cereal, twinkies, chips, any of that kind of crap. i never even had access to any of that as a child. 

anyways...post-Covid i went on a calorie reduction program, quickly lost about 15 lbs... and then just plateaued for months. finally talked with a friend who does nutrition and personal training for women... and she was appalled at how low my caloric intake was. she immediately raised it by like 500 calories and - this is key - worked out macros for me...and boom, i quickly dropped an additional 17-20 lbs. i will never and have never been 'thin' but i got back to pre-covid weight and maintain that with maybe a 3-5 lb fluctuation throughout the month. no health issues at all yet

i had to laugh honestly...I was just like 'wtf could this shit be any LESS intuitive??' 😄 that's why i just kind of 🙄 at the 'it's just calories in/out math, fatasses!' crowd.

it's pretty interesting how that works.  and @Sawbonzhas done a great job of explaining some of the other underlying issues.

anyways, all you fat guys feeling sorry for yourselves, try living life as a big girl! 😄😊

I'm glad it's not just me.  This shit makes no sense.  I guess that's why you pay professionals to help.

To be fair, it's not like the "calories in < calories out fatass" crowd is completely wrong...they're just not helpful at all when they try to present it so simplistically.  Yes, you will lose weight if you ate less calories/better and exercised more.  That doesn't cover a wide variety of shit like what calories you are consuming, and as you and others have pointed out, also eating enough calories so that your body doesn't go into survival mode and hoard every single calorie because you're running a huge deficit.  That includes being able to snack sometimes if you are legitimately hungry, just make sure it's something healthy and not some chips/candy.

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nbmishoid said:

As a former engineer, the energy balance idea just HAD to be right.  Note to self, when something HAS to be right, then that just means it seems obvious, and only merits superficial examination.  And superficial examination yields high error rates.  

I hope your 10 year statue of repose has ended.

2 hours ago, texasdago said:

And I wasn’t knocking anything about your weight loss journey and said congratulations and sincerely mean it. I was knocking the idea that your anecdotal pull yourself up by your bootstraps is at all applicable advice to someone not similarly situated as you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Yep

Agree 100%.  A good friend of mine is pushing 50 and still eats whatever the fuck he wants.  He is very active, but I'm talking burger and fries for lunch, big dinner and a huge bowl of ice cream every night.  He's 6'4" and might weigh 170 soaking wet (and his dad looks and eats just like him).  Genetics are definitely a big part of weight loss.

Genetics can definitely fuck you. I was eating a pescatarian diet and about to run a marathon, in the best shape of my life. Doctor told me I had high cholesterol. um what?

(Thanks Dad)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Genetics can definitely fuck you. I was eating a pescatarian diet and about to run a marathon, in the best shape of my life. Doctor told me I had high cholesterol. um what?

(Thanks Dad)

I worked as a pharmacy tech while in school and helped a woman in a similar situation.  She was wearing her workout clothes and running shoes.  She was fit and couldn't have weighed more than 110 lbs.  She was upset because her Dr. put her on Lisinopril.  She insisted that she could not have hypertension because she was extremely fit, worked out every day, etc.

Genetics.

I just mean genetics matter a lot.  

(Thanks Dad)

Strong points. Years ago, I took the deposition of a serious hotshot MD, specialized in genetics and the intersection with geriatric medicine. He was a geriatric medicine guy, but over the years, things just kept pointing back to genetics.
It was a heated depo, but we actually had fun with it (it was related to a product deal he’d been involved in, it wasn’t medical care related). After it was over, we shot the shit. I asked him “bottom line, what’s the one thing you should do if you want to live a long life?” He says “you really want to know? Pick your parents.” It was sobering.
Yeah, there’s obviously a lot you can do to impact your health. But genetics are huge, and ain’t up to you.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Yep

And it applies to everything.  Some guys can drink 14 beers and be normal.  Some will have a sip of beer and think their buddy is Cindy lauper 

muscle building too.  I went to a school with zero division 1 athletes.  Like over twenty years 1 guy played d3 football and we worshipped him.  One day, we get a transfer in 8th grade, already looked like a body builder and he wasn’t exactly a gym rat.  Genetics.  

I know Herschel walker did a lot of push-ups but I read somewhere he already looked like a freak at 12

• Like 1

Disclaimer: I come in peace.  I offer this for conversation for the folks who truly know and understand weight loss, exercise, genetics, etc.   Bob Harper of The Biggest Loser fame has spent a significant amount of time of his life eating right and exercising and yet he still experienced a heart attack.  As I understand it, he was already at a good weight and what he thought was fine physical shape.  So, should those trying to lose the weight or just be better go get some blood/fill in the blank testing? Next question, is there anything to the DNA testing stuff that supposedly tells you what can eat or not?  I'll hang up and listen. 

If you want to read about food, weight, and performance, read about Allie Kiefer.  Pro marathoner, lives in Austin (I think), and always had trouble breaking through.  She was rail thin like they all are but then she put on 15 lbs, which those types NEVER Do.  She ended up being like 125 or something, which made her look like a defensive end.  She ended up with more endurance, fewer injuries, and better sustained speed.

A lot of elite runners (pro and amateur) have very dysfunctional relationships with food.

Ryan Hall quit running and just ate like a normal person while keeping his regimen and did this:

hallbeforeafter.webp

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I have very good genetics so I will keep my personal experience out of this thread.

One thing that is eye opening is just how much food a really big person can eat.  Guy I know is probably 6 foot and 350.  We go to the "all you care to eat" sushi place for lunch sometimes and it is staggering how much he can put back.  2 specialty rolls, 2 poke bowls, 12 piece nigiri, etc. 

Bill Barnwell's article about his experiences was good if anyone wants to look it up.

13 hours ago, Bevo&amp;Pevo said:

Bob Harper of The Biggest Loser fame has spent a significant amount of time of his life eating right and exercising and yet he still experienced a heart attack.  As I understand it, he was already at a good weight and what he thought was fine physical shape. 

I mean, this is can be a whole other genetics discussion removed from obesity.

Take my uncle.  He was a marathon runner, former badass pilot who flew for the Navy in Vietnam, and had a generally healthy diet.  He started noticing in his early 50s that he was getting more winded than normal on long runs.  He goes to a doctor, and shortly thereafter gets a triple bypass.

Sure, obesity can increase the risk for heart disease way beyond your genetic makeup.  But I know plenty of stories of fit folks with great eating habits that die far too young.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, huge said:

I have very good genetics so I will keep my personal experience out of this thread.

One thing that is eye opening is just how much food a really big person can eat.  Guy I know is probably 6 foot and 350.  We go to the "all you care to eat" sushi place for lunch sometimes and it is staggering how much he can put back.  2 specialty rolls, 2 poke bowls, 12 piece nigiri, etc. 

Bill Barnwell's article about his experiences was good if anyone wants to look it up.

Username does not check out 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Yep

I hate dudes like that; speaking as the guy that will gain five pounds if I just look at a baked potato.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

I haven't really paid attention to this thread, but this last page seams to be about success stories.  Good for y'all.

I've never been a fat guy, but my mid-40s are teaching me that my easy fitness days are behind me.  I should probably get off my butt and do something about it.

On 3/27/2023 at 9:06 AM, BabaYaga said:

At the end of the day, the math is simple:  calories in vs calories out

Simple, not easy.  If every one of us was on a deserted island for 6 weeks with a limited but available food/water supply, we'd all drop dozens of pounds while arguing constantly about whose fault it was the ship sank, who said what, and bitching about the number of people on the island, the weather, and Big 12 refs. 

fixy

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

This was me almost exactly until I stopped pushing 50 and started pushing 60. Now the weight is coming on strong, and its really fucking hard to forgo that bowl of ice cream before bed. If i skip the ice cream I'm hungry when I go to bed, have a hard time sleeping, and wake up hungry. Then eat even more at breakfast.

My brain is hardwired to eat any and every thing. Its a bitch to change that hard wiring, as @Sawbonz has been telling us.

I

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I mean, this is can be a whole other genetics discussion removed from obesity.

Take my uncle.  He was a marathon runner, former badass pilot who flew for the Navy in Vietnam, and had a generally healthy diet.  He started noticing in his early 50s that he was getting more winded than normal on long runs.  He goes to a doctor, and shortly thereafter gets a triple bypass.

Sure, obesity can increase the risk for heart disease way beyond your genetic makeup.  But I know plenty of stories of fit folks with great eating habits that die far too young.

yeah, lately anytime that happens it's "the vacccine."  No CR.

I can't speak on my genetics.  I basically weigh the same as I did when I was 16 but I have trouble putting muscle on and my diet is basically shit

Edited by closetohumping

so along the lines of 'why are people fatter now' is there any credence to all these different additives causing negative changes to the human body?  I see a ton of stuff decrying seed oils as 'toxic' to our body and i don't know if it's crazy talk or if there is a kernel of truth in there.  Lots of grifters demonize a segment of our diet and then sell 'cleansers/de-toxifiers' and then their own brand of 'healthy' foods.  internet/twitter is rife with these things pointing to some rando study and laying blame to big agribusiness.

I am guessing but back in the day, stuff probably did not contain all these basically industrial by-products when a fat or oil was needed for production of packaged foods.   Was cottonseed, grapeseed etc.. oil used?  It's pretty easy to start with the facts

- 80 years ago people were not this fat

- ***something happened***

- people are now land orcas 

Then try and sell your own version of what happened and how your product can 'fix' that.  But something probably did happen to food that goes into our bodies other than we are probably eating too much and working desk jobs more.

tldr -  is there some additive/ingredient introduced in the last half century that is contributing to America's obesity problem?

14 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

- 80 years ago people were not this fat

- ***something happened***

- people are now land orcas

I'm sure it's more complicated than this, but I believe much of it is the infusion of high fructose corn syrup and other shit into processed foods and the bullshit food pyramid that our government and health agencies peddled.  I don't think it's any one ingredient, and a lot are in play. 

I've read that some of those manufactured food components can rewire the brain and other parts of the body in terms of satiety and addiction, but the science is way beyond my understanding. 

Add in less exercise because our industrial nation has moved into more sedentary jobs, and we've become a nation who lives in our cars and is attached to our screens. 

Do this for over half a century, and viola, we're an obese society.  The Western human body does not evolve into what it is today so quickly without those external forces.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm sure that people go about measuring this in various ways, but if you were able to analyze the proportion of food consumed that is either prepared (restaurant/fast food) or manufactured (for lack of a better term and a fuzzy category for sure), it would probably show some pretty crazy results. We'd probably each be shocked by how high our number is, and likely blown away by how high the average numbers are for a lot of different categories of people.

I'm not super granola but feel very confident that that number would relate very directly to overall health and certainly weight.

Apparently it’s not the case, but I would think the carrot of more sex would be a motivation to not be fat.  I’m my case, my (fit) wife of 34 years isn’t having sex with me at all if I’m fat.  I suppose it might be different if she was fat, but then I wouldn’t want to have sex with her. 

17 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

If you want to read about food, weight, and performance, read about Allie Kiefer.  Pro marathoner, lives in Austin (I think), and always had trouble breaking through.  She was rail thin like they all are but then she put on 15 lbs, which those types NEVER Do.  She ended up being like 125 or something, which made her look like a defensive end.  She ended up with more endurance, fewer injuries, and better sustained speed.

A lot of elite runners (pro and amateur) have very dysfunctional relationships with food.

Ryan Hall quit running and just ate like a normal person while keeping his regimen and did this:

hallbeforeafter.webp

This hits home for me. When I lost a ton of weight (315 -> 178), I wasn’t eating a well balanced diet and couldn’t run more than 5 miles to save my life. I gained 10 pounds by eating a better diet (more fat and carbs) and boom, my training exploded, I look a lot better, feel a lot better, and finished a marathon (not at the time I wanted so I signed up again next year!) I just finished my last race of the season - half marathon. Ran it in 1:47:00. This was my second half of the season (first was in October - Houston Half) and I shaved 8 minutes off the time. It really is amazing what hard work and consistency in training AND diet will do for you.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, HouTex said:

Apparently it’s not the case, but I would think the carrot of more sex would be a motivation to not be fat.  I’m my case, my (fit) wife of 34 years isn’t having sex with me at all if I’m fat.  I suppose it might be different if she was fat, but then I wouldn’t want to have sex with her. 

this post is weird 🤨 you're assuming everybody shares your specific physical preferences which is categorically false. you might only get to have sex bc you're fit, but millions if not billions of people have countless other reasons they are sexually attracted to others. 

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, mchookem said:

this post is weird 🤨 you're assuming everybody shares your specific physical preferences which is category false. you might only get to have sex bc you're fit, but millions if not billions of people have countless other reasons they are sexually attracted to others. 

I don’t disagree that it’s different strokes for different folks.  That’s cool.  But it’s not weird for me, and I would say billions, to say that fat people are not sexually attractive.  

3 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

seed oils as 'toxic' to our body and i don't know if it's crazy talk or if there is a kernel of truth in there

Seed oils are processed shit.  They were first manufactured as industrial lubricants.  The impact to your body is significant.  If you just focus on the inflammation impacts that harm so many people, that is enough to throw them all in the trash.  

22 minutes ago, HouTex said:

I don’t disagree that it’s different strokes for different folks.  That’s cool.  But it’s not weird for me, and I would say billions, to say that fat people are not sexually attractive.  

it's not weird that you don't think 'fat people' are sexually attractive. it's weird that you seemed to assert that nobody else would/should be either. i mean i'm pretty sure there's an entire thread or two elsewhere on this site dedicated specifically to that very thing, not to mention porn categories...

anyways, didn't mean to start an argument, and it may have just been the way it was worded in your first post, or the way it read in my head. your follow-up indicates you do actually understand different people are attracted to different things. 

i mean somebody has fucked Ted Cruz for crying out loud! #noCR #everybodyhatesTedCruz

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, huge said:

tumblr_pcjevjxKue1xwsclro4_500.gif

• Hook 'Em 1