2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

32 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Saw somewhere he wants to play DE but they moved him to inside LB. 

I don’t think he’s big enough to play DE, but is probably a better fit as an OLB-Edge player. Not sure why other than a need for numbers they wanted him to play ILB but it sounds like he was a Pruitt recruit who never bought in with the new staff. Like I said, maybe a change of scenery and new scheme is what he needs, but we really need all our portal guys to hit and I’d be leery of him. 

The shitty part about college football now days is that teams are going to have to re-recruit their own players every damn year. Really crappy for the sport. Like honestly, our number 1 target for NIL stuff should be Xavier Worthy, not any of these 22s or 23s. Which is a ridiculous indictment on college football in general.

• Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

The shitty part about college football now days is that teams are going to have to re-recruit their own players every damn year. Really crappy for the sport. Like honestly, our number 1 target for NIL stuff should be Xavier Worthy, not any of these 22s or 23s. Which is a ridiculous indictment on college football in general.

except Xavier Worthy is getting what he wants out of Texas, except the trophies. He's got the film, the coach, the opportunity. What else does he need?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

@bad_teammate wtf are you talking about? Are you paying players some mysterious NIL deal that hasn't been visible or something?

The deal itself is visible in terms of him being publicly involved (It's an endorsement, after all). How much he is being paid doesn't seem to be easy to find with a lazy Google attempt. 

Maybe he's private. Maybe he only tells the people he thinks need to know. Maybe he's got it posted in his locker. Maybe there's a database somewhere I don't know about. Don't know and don't really care as long as he's happy and it helps us keep him. (As mentioned above, we're in some new waters where we worry about endlessly re-recruiting our own guys.)

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm baffled at anyone who is canceling their Burnt Endz because of losses. We need this to get recruits, so the more the better. It's how you get better. More $ = better recruits 

some of the members are just as thin skinned as the players they criticize about are.  So instead of quitting they stop paying.  I don't get it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away

I get 18-23 year old players getting worked up emotionally and making bad decisions (portal/not portaling).. but as older, mature (?), adults in this board participating in this endeavour, I thought we were supposed to be better than this :/

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I get 18-23 year old players getting worked up emotionally and making bad decisions (portal/not portaling).. but as older, mature (?), adults in this board participating in this endeavour, I thought we were supposed to be better than this :/

Cess. Pool. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

some of the members are just as thin skinned as the players they criticize about are.  So instead of quitting they stop paying.  I don't get it. 

We'll get a couple of wins under our belt and business will pick back up. When we get Ewers there'll be a bump, then when we get Arch.

Gotta have faith. :)

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

The deal itself is visible in terms of him being publicly involved (It's an endorsement, after all). How much he is being paid doesn't seem to be easy to find with a lazy Google attempt. 

Maybe he's private. Maybe he only tells the people he thinks need to know. Maybe he's got it posted in his locker. Maybe there's a database somewhere I don't know about. Don't know and don't really care as long as he's happy and it helps us keep him. (As mentioned above, we're in some new waters where we worry about endlessly re-recruiting our own guys.)

If this is real, props to you. Things like this are especially valuable in tough seasons like this one. I just hope the guy is Bijan or Worthy because those are the two we can't afford to lose.

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

He started in one game and did well. Originally a LSU commit, he picked between Bama, UF and A&M. That kid didn’t want to come here. Not sure how we change his mind at this point. 

Well there is the fact that Texas has 3 coaches currently at Texas he has familiarity with, so hopefully it was a Herman thing. My best guess is aggy because of Dekaney.

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

If this is real, props to you. Things like this are especially valuable in tough seasons like this one. I just hope the guy is Bijan or Worthy because those are the two we can't afford to lose.

I hope this NIL deal you can’t say what it is how much it was or who it went to is real. 
the fuck outta here with this trash ass trolling. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, kwood4408 said:

Was a simple question, you are right I am naive to the logistics of NIL have done zero research on NIL. I choose to be part of Burnt Ends given you all have done said research. Thanks for the clarification.

No one talks about it. These guys aren’t what you would call “normal 18-22 year olds” they aren’t trying to impress 17 year olds they are going to compete with. They are all friendly but very competitive. The tight ends don’t know what each others deals outside of burnt ends even are and we had to tell them it was okay to talk about with whoever. 

No one talks about it. These guys aren’t what you would call “normal 18-22 year olds” they aren’t trying to impress 17 year olds they are going to compete with. They are all friendly but very competitive. The tight ends don’t know what each others deals outside of burnt ends even are and we had to tell them it was okay to talk about with whoever. 

Thanks, was all I was asking. I have a bunch of nephews, kids friends, etc that have played D1 so am not new to being around that age group, that was pre NIL though. They didn’t seem shy about trying to impress and includes a couple that are currently starting in the NFL. They also weren’t around recruits while i was present either. I definitely saw the competitive aspect though.

Didn’t ctj just say that cooks transferred out because his teammates were talking about what they were getting in NIL and he wasn’t getting shit so he portal’d?

10 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

he'll be back.. they always come back 

Hey, I said about ready, not there yet. I have a feeling the NIL will continue to make things worse, from my perspective. I quit watching the NFL years ago when it became more about the individuals than the team. We’ve been trending that way for a very long time and this is a huge leap in that direction. 

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Tennessee’s LB room is at best equal to ours, and likely even worse. And this kid couldn’t get on the field there. Maybe he needs a change of scenery, maybe he’s in the wrong system, but I wouldn’t expect too much. 

Juwan Mitchell started over him. Juwan Mitchell would be our best LB when he isn’t getting ejected for targeting. 

9 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Hey, I said about ready, not there yet. I have a feeling the NIL will continue to make things worse, from my perspective. I quit watching the NFL years ago when it became more about the individuals than the team. We’ve been trending that way for a very long time and this is a huge leap in that direction. 

Oh, you're one of those olds, huh? "These uppity athletes need to act like they've been there before. Back in my day Otto Graham just handed the football back to the referee politely after he scored the only touchdown of the game on a two-yard keeper. Three yards and a cloud of dust is the pinnacle of football."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Oh, you're one of those olds, huh? "These uppity athletes need to act like they've been there before. Back in my day Otto Graham just handed the football back to the referee politely after he scored the only touchdown of the game on a two-yard keeper. Three yards and a cloud of dust is the pinnacle of football."

I just prefer the Bijan “do your job every play and go back to the the line” over the Colburn “dance like a fool after my one good play of the game” type of players.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
Still didn’t care for the pre season heisman poses by Bijan.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

BTW, what has the culture at Alabama most closely resembled? It’s all related. You have your showy Cowboys who never do shit and your Patriots that went on a two decade run.

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I just prefer the Bijan “do your job every play and go back to the the line” over the Colburn “dance like a fool after my one good play of the game” type of players.

Earl, Ricky, Vince, Colt, Jamaal, and Sam were all big-time dancers after every positive play. You just weren’t watching.

And Simms and Applewhite? It was like a gotdam dance-off for three seasons. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Earl, Ricky, Vince, Colt, Jamaal, and Sam were all big-time dancers after every positive play. You just weren’t watching.

Uhhh, he's not talkin' 'bout the robot. And no, line dancing doesn't count either.

19 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

The guys dance moves have shown zero improvement throughout the season. I was excited as fuck about the Pole Assassin hire so I’m not ready to give up on her until she gets her guys in here and some of these no rhythm ass JAGS out. 

• Haha 5

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)