Chris Warren signs with the Oakland Raiders

Machinator

I know there are many player who were relatively unknown in college but went on to great NFL success, but are there any other players who have had such a similar, underwhelming college career who have gone on to great NFL success? 

On 5/7/2018 at 6:19 PM, TreatyOak said:

I know there are many player who were relatively unknown in college but went on to great NFL success, but are there any other players who have had such a similar, underwhelming college career who have gone on to great NFL success? 

Terrell Davis. And Priest Holmes barely cracked 1000 yards in his career at UT. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Terrell Davis. And Priest Holmes barely cracked 1000 yards in his career at UT. 

If you watch Priest vs UNC in the Sun Bowl, there is no question that if he could stay healthy, he would be good.

CW III is the opposite kind of player... but he still was injured some.

Good luck to him.. hope he pans out.. but i think if he's going to, he's going to need to learn to hit someone on special teams or pick up the TE stuff quickly.. having a year as a TE at Texas would have been good for him and I think for us.

• 2 months later...

Would love to see him do well. He coulda been a beast in college but ended up as a “what could have been.”  Reading the local East Bays newspaper article about him today seems like the Raiders are pretty high on his potential and Marshawn Lynch couldn’t believe he wasn’t drafted. The revelation responsible for his sudden change of fortune - he was instructed by Raider coaches to hit the hole with his head/shoulders down preparing for contact!  Amazing!  I dont believe for a second that he wasn’t told to run with a lower center of gravity. He’s just a guy who needs a hole to get a head of steam (unlike Foreman who could run into a stacked line and come out the other side with 5 yards).  Hope he gets a chance to be successful. Hook ‘em CWIII 

• Like 1