What the fuck is wrong with you, Austin?

crash_davis

21 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

Where is @Nicole44?!

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Another dark-haired gay man from out of town?

I mean, not that there’s a pattern or anything.

Did he at least get some good bbq and have a fun scooter ride before getting kilt?

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Another dark-haired gay man from out of town?

I mean, not that there’s a pattern or anything.

Yes, the pattern is just in the last few years---Austin has invented things called Bars and a Lake.  We never, ever had those.  So that's why there weren't any deaths until just recently.  The silence from Police administration on this is the more troubling part.  At this point, one could charter one of those pedal bike pub cart deals, put 10 guys on it matching the pattern, send it fucking straight into Town Lake and watch them drown and City of Austin would be like, "Well, it's impossible to know how certain crimes occur."  

On 4/5/2024 at 11:10 PM, Brisketexan said:

I, literally today, registered my truck. For the first time since 2013. The gal said it’s the longest gap she’s ever seen. I lied and said it had been on my ranch for the past 10 years.

I'm not anywhere near that far out on my daily driver, but I'm expired.  Fortunately I don't drive much.  Covid grace period amplified my laziness.

Who was it that had a jihad level of hate for her on the old board?  [mention=339]Gardner Barnes[/mention] maybe?
I’ve always found her kind of attractive but NIMBY shrew mom is my fetish.  

Well then, she’s definitely in your wheelhouse.
She’s turrible.

Are "belumps" those annoying things we have around Austin between the bike lanes and traffic lanes that are like 6" tall, white, with the holes on the side?

Wait, who we talking about again?  

11 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

But isn't she just the ugly step-sister of Troxclair? Obviously conservative, but can't say it too loud in Austin?

Troxclair is more Ron Paul.  Fitlump isn’t obviously anything but good at reading the room.  It’s not like her district is going to elect a Donna Campbell.

• Hook 'Em 2

Welp, after visiting my parents in Houston again, I have to kiss the ground that our local news is not as downright miserable as Houston.  That and I returned without a red light runner killing me so I've got that going for me.

On 4/5/2024 at 5:45 PM, chainsaw said:

Yeah that's true gun culture and availability are very different. I still don't see why there has to be 225 cops for every 100,000 residents. It reminds me of dairy lobbyists saying we should consume way more milk than most people can tolerate. Toronto's crime situation might not be perfect, but I've seen no evidence that it's any worse than most major cities in the US. Dallas, for example.

Dallas has 226 cops per 100k residents (so it meets this arbitrary standard) with 778 violent crimes per 100k people. That's a higher violent crime rate than Toronto. Maybe it's the guns, but Austin has guns too yet way fewer violent crimes per 100k people. All the same incentives for "under reporting" the violent crime rate in Austin are present for Dallas and Houston, where the violent crime rates are much higher despite having more police per capita than Austin.

Austin might have the right amount of cops, or it might have too many. But they are definitely overpaid and we definitely do not need more of them.

We are almost entirely in agreement here.

When they ban Pop Tarts, only criminals will have Pop Tarts.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/man-assaults-employee-with-pop-tarts-austin-texas.amp

According to arrest documents, a store employee accused Steele of shoplifting, leading to an argument between the two in the parking lot.

Police said video captured the moment the altercation escalated and Steele threw Pop-Tarts at the employee, hitting them in the collar bone and causing minor injury.

Steele remains in jail on a $1,500 bond.

Good news. Watson is running for re-election. I can't name one fucking thing that was accomplished from his current tenure. I guess the good news is that he didn't open the city to become a giant homeless camping free for all. Our expectations are real low at this point.

Campaign slogan: "I haven't done shit. Please re-elect me!"

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/get-things-done-austin-mayor-kirk-watson-officially-announces-run-for-reelection/

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Austin Mayor Kirk Watson is officially running for reelection, he announced Wednesday. The mayor had previously told KXAN that was his intent.

“It was always the plan to run for reelection. It’s just that I also wanted to get some things done that needed to be done — in my view — to keep up our momentum at city hall,” Watson said in an interview with KXAN prior to the announcement. One of those things, finding a permanent city manager. “We landed that plane and taxied it to the gate last week and so it’s now time to move on to other things.”

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

That's just about the sexiest campaign slogan I can think of. 

"Bike lanes house the homeless."  

That makes no got damned sense but hits all the feels and will get him re-elected for sure.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Good news. Watson is running for re-election. I can't name one fucking thing that was accomplished from his current tenure.

If a hugely consequential and incredibly surgical land use reform package while also unfucking the CMs office and three public safety agencies and getting multiple city enterprises back on the rails while also operating in a weak-mayor system doesn’t move the needle for you, I don’t know what to tell you. You don’t have to agree with what he’s done, but he’s done a LOT. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

If a hugely consequential and incredibly surgical land use reform package while also unfucking the CMs office and three public safety agencies and getting multiple city enterprises back on the rails while also operating in a weak-mayor system doesn’t move the needle for you, I don’t know what to tell you. You don’t have to agree with what he’s done, but he’s done a LOT. 

triumph the insult comic dog conan25 GIF by Team Coco

• Haha 2

On 4/9/2024 at 7:45 PM, LCHorn said:

Who was it that had a jihad level of hate for her on the old board?  @Gardner Barnes maybe?

I’ve always found her kind of attractive but NIMBY shrew mom is my fetish.  

she has uneven eyes and a fucked up face.

and probably has knobby knees.

wnb

15 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

This--I'll add for the rest of you low-information council watchers, note how much less you've heard from everyone else over the past year, including Fitlump.  One of the best uses of the mayor's office is to use the additional prestige and resources of the position to herd the cats in a single direction. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

This--I'll add for the rest of you low-information council watchers, note how much less you've heard from everyone else over the past year, including Fitlump.  One of the best uses of the mayor's office is to use the additional prestige and resources of the position to herd the cats in a single direction. 

You're kidding, right?  This is a joke...  Every time you turn on the news, you have someone from the CC giving their opinion on something stupid that happened today.  Vanessa Fuentes attention whoring all over twitter with her mini-mic.  Hell, I'm seeing more social media interaction from the silent CMs like baby Alter and Paige Ellis.  

Watson has done a good job of stirring the cesspool, but he really doesn't have the power to move the needle around here.  The council firing Cronk was the big shitstorm that eclipsed all else.  Detracted from the APD contract, what should have been the firing of the head of Austin Energy... 

What the shit? 

Woman accused of posing as Uber driver in downtown Austin, drugging and robbing men

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/woman-accused-of-posing-as-uber-driver-in-downtown-austin-drugging-and-robbing-men#

A woman accused of posing as an Uber driver and robbing men in downtown Austin used stolen credit cards to make over $33,000 worth of fraudulent purchases, according to court documents.

An arrest affidavit said 41-year-old Destini Cionne Robinson is a suspect in at least two incidents that took place in Austin’s entertainment district.

On 4/11/2024 at 10:44 AM, crash_davis said:

Good news. Watson is running for re-election. I can't name one fucking thing that was accomplished from his current tenure.

That motherfucker can’t even keep emus out of Zilker Park

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/two-emus-safely-captured-after-found-running-in-zilker-park/

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

What the shit? 

Woman accused of posing as Uber driver in downtown Austin, drugging and robbing men

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/woman-accused-of-posing-as-uber-driver-in-downtown-austin-drugging-and-robbing-men#

A woman accused of posing as an Uber driver and robbing men in downtown Austin used stolen credit cards to make over $33,000 worth of fraudulent purchases, according to court documents.

An arrest affidavit said 41-year-old Destini Cionne Robinson is a suspect in at least two incidents that took place in Austin’s entertainment district.

She’s such a charming lass……

IMG_2766.jpeg

10 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

What the shit? 

One star

• Haha 2