Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

2 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Texags members’ refusal to even acknowledge On3’s rankings is amazing. Even when the On3 Industry has them ranked #15, while the 247 Composite has them #22.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yet they pushed the rivals ranking of that westlake douche.

Whatever fits the narrative, they'll use. We know this by now.

• Hook 'Em 1

"rockwalltxag" just made his post up out of his own fantasy of what "sip" people probably think. I don't think I've spoken to one UT fan that is highly confident of immediately winning big in the SEC in football. Has anyone here heard that from friends and family?

This month, I've had 3 aggies approach me, 2 in Vegas while I was playing craps on separate occasions. All 3 felt immediately compelled to tell me they're an aggie, to which I said, "Oh, sorry about that". Then each of the 3 felt compelled to tell me that the SEC is a meat grinder, that we don't know what we're getting into, and that we aren't going to be the big boss of the conference. They remind of Ike Clanton's first encounter with Wyatt Earp in Tombstone.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

stop wearing TEXAS gear while gambling in Vegas anywhere. you're bringing that shit on yourself.

It was a simple UT hat. I wasn't decked in burnt orange from head to toe. One should be able to wear an article of clothing that reps a brand they like without the concern of being accosted at any moment by an aggie. Maybe I'm just an idealist.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

"rockwalltxag" just made his post up out of his own fantasy of what "sip" people probably think. I don't think I've spoken to one UT fan that is highly confident of immediately winning big in the SEC in football. Has anyone here heard that from friends and family?

This month, I've had 3 aggies approach me, 2 in Vegas while I was playing craps on separate occasions. All 3 felt immediately compelled to tell me they're an aggie, to which I said, "Oh, sorry about that". Then each of the 3 felt compelled to tell me that the SEC is a meat grinder, that we don't know what we're getting into, and that we aren't going to be the big boss of the conference. They remind of Ike Clanton's first encounter with Wyatt Earp in Tombstone.

Yeah I get told this all the time from my LSU friends (I went to high school in Baton Rouge at ULab) and my family and whoever else I talk to. Every time they say that Texas won't be able to 'boss around' the SEC, I just say "ok, great."

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It was a simple UT hat. I wasn't decked in burnt orange from head to toe. One should be able to wear an article of clothing that reps a brand they like without the concern of being accosted at any moment by an aggie. Maybe I'm just an idealist.

I had an Aggie friend say, “I don’t know why y’all are going to the SEC. Those teams are rough”.

I didn’t say anything. I know those teams are rough. So? I was in school in ‘83, when two of Texas’ three non-conference games included a neutral site game against a top 10 OU and a road game at top 5 Auburn. 

We all remember 2005, when the road game at top 5 tOSU was a key part of building a NC. 

This just isn’t a scared program, seeking to navigate an easy path. Never has been. 

Thinking about it, I suspect my Ag friend believes that TAMU is on some SEC-capable level that Texas isn’t at and can never be at. I don’t understand how one could believe that, other than…Aggie. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, tejas60 said:

stop wearing TEXAS gear while gambling in Vegas anywhere. you're bringing that shit on yourself.

At Ohare and dude at the bar was in full aggy gear talking to randoms about how badass the sec is and how cool the bonfires used to be. I was a member of the corps and it was the greatest time of his life. I just laughed and got drunk. Still drunk sorry about rambling 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Have they ever defined what makes us “arrogant?” I genuinely don’t know. 

Texas is a better school than A&M in every meaningful way. Acknowledging that fact, even tacitly or in response to someone talking down the school, sounds like arrogance to an Aggie. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

UGA fans on the Wingo prediction from Wiltfong:

6824E3B7-0096-458C-AFB5-A1CE5EBB3290.thumb.jpeg.14dbeaa181f67b0761cc2217719f5064.jpeg

After reading yesterday’s article, not having that UGA mental makeup sounds like a great sign. Also funny because they are the textbook example of buying your way back to relevance.

That AJC article seemed to be detailing stuff as bad as the worst Baylor stuff. All we need is the Kirby Smart text messages saying "Hm, a stripper? Then I guess it [the rape] is not so bad."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Our expectation that we should be great. Because I'm sure the other blue blood programs would just be totally fine with a decade of average results? Want to see arrogant? Have Ohio State go 70-45 over the next 10 years and see how that goes over with that fan base.

2 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Screenshot_20230629_125330_Twitter.jpg

The simple response is to let them know how humbled we were by Nebraska and Colorado when they use to say the same things since we were in a similar spot at the time due to a dying conference and cheating all around us. NIL has even the playing field and we are going to a power 2 that became one of the power 2 due to cheating their asses off. It will be Prop 48 all over again mother fuckers.

Edited by DanTheHorn
Note: Now if I could only trust 7 win Steve to deliver.
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, statsman said:

I had an Aggie friend say, “I don’t know why y’all are going to the SEC. Those teams are rough”.

I didn’t say anything. I know those teams are rough. So? I was in school in ‘83, when two of Texas’ three non-conference games included a neutral site game against a top 10 OU and a road game at top 5 Auburn. 

We all remember 2005, when the road game at top 5 tOSU was a key part of building a NC. 

This just isn’t a scared program, seeking to navigate an easy path. Never has been. 

Thinking about it, I suspect my Ag friend believes that TAMU is on some SEC-capable level that Texas isn’t at and can never be at. I don’t understand how one could believe that, other than…Aggie. 

Yep, my senior year our OOC was OU, Penn State, and a Colorado team that split the national championship that year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

That's an easy one. Projection. 

In every opinion quoted here from Aggies, they speak like they are an elite team of profound winning experience (in the modern era, of course). They've defeated LSU and Alabama twice each in 12 fucking year, so that makes them equals not that Aggie can't win Mississippi or can't stay ranked after starting a season in the top six.

They presented their coach a trophy for a national championship yet to be won.

We're probably arrogant sometimes. Winners can be from time to time.

Losers being smugly arrogant is the aberration.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

Flood's been coaching since the early 90's, but looch only has one year for a sample size.

The Russian state media talking heads are more genuine and honest than Bildo Liucci. He is the most witless, biased, uncreative, cross-eyed, disheveled, self-important, spineless rube in the entire college sport universe. I challenge anyone to name someone more dishonest and pompous than this goober.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Just now, closetojumping said:

The Russian state media talking heads are more genuine and honest than Bildo Liucci. He is the most witless, biased, uncreative, cross-eyed, disheveled, self-important, spineless rube in the entire college sport universe. I challenge anyone to name someone more dishonest and pompous than this goober.

It was right here where i started hearing Clarks voice, sadly i didn't get the rest of that great Griswold rant. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

uhhhh... Jimbo?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Short answer: We actually win shit, and point out that they don’t, and haven’t, for a literal lifetime. (Note: The fact that we, on principle, choose not to fuck sheep, and to have female cheerleaders, might also play a role, but I haven’t investigated that angle much. Could contribute to the “uppity” claims.)

Longer version (spoilered for space):

Spoiler

Their entire method is to try to bring whomever they feel inferior to (read: everybody) down to their level, but reality gets in the way, and it hurts their fragile ego. That’s why you hear things like taking an arbitrary new starting point to consider H2H record, or the classic “if we would’ve played each other the past decade, a&m definitely would have won most of them.” (You know, despite the fact that the worst Texas team to visit Kyle in over a decade walked into their place and beat them when eternal bragging rights were literally at stake.)

They are the most pathetic group of perpetually-victimized human beings I’ve encountered. Everything is always happening TO them..and it’s always somebody else’s fault. Aggies are always owed something somehow. Yet all of their histrionic reverence is reserved for the exact opposite of that. They really are just a bunch of fucking nails hoping desperately to become a hammer..and whining when it doesn’t spontaneously occur.

Remove “if” and “but” from their vocabulary, and they would have nothing to say. That’s what happens when you haven’t achieved anything of consequence in nearly a century—your only ammunition against a never-ending torrent of (factual) charges of ineffectiveness and mediocrity is a series of suppositions and hypotheticals. Case in point: If LSU’s wins don’t count, then the aggies got screwed out of a natty..Or, well we’re #24 in the Directors Cup, but that’s just because we don’t have (a list of sports that Texas doesn’t have either)..

Hey aggies, here’s some words to live by: 

MixedDisgustingHadrosaurus-max-1mb.gif
*Prom queen /= sheep, you bumpkins

• Hook 'Em 3

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread