Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

24 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FzPNXn_WcAEkbfL?format=jpg&name=mediumFzPNX5aWwAMzRvr?format=jpg&name=mediumFzPNYPUWYAANiXt?format=jpg&name=mediumFzPNYlmWAAIGIPe?format=jpg&name=medium

"That advantage isn't an advantage at all!" Lets see if this sentiment looks familiar to y'all in a slightly different package.

"Give me a good kid that wants to be an Ag over a highly rated 5 star any day of the week! You can't measure heart!"

Denialism and little man disease is in their DNA. 

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Counterpoint, imagine giving a fuck about your college ring with 98% of UT grads don't wear for more than a few years after graduation. 

Only one of my friends got a ring, and it wasn't the Balfour High School Special. It was a rather tasteful gold ring of normal size with only a Longhornesque (I'm sure UT would have come after him had it been an exact copy. Motherfuckers) engraving on the surface.

I don't think he even wears that anymore. The Aggie Ring is like wearing your high school letter jacket that is devoid of any patches other than the actual letter.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Counterpoint, imagine giving a fuck about your college ring with 98% of UT grads don't wear for more than a few years after graduation. 

5 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

The magnitude of their collective inferiority complex is incalculable. 

Also, they seem to know a whole lot more about UT rings than I do (which means they know something about UT rings). 

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Only one of my friends got a ring, and it wasn't the Balfour High School Special. It was a rather tasteful gold ring of normal size with only a Longhornesque (I'm sure UT would have come after him had it been an exact copy. Motherfuckers) engraving on the surface.

I don't think he even wears that anymore. The Aggie Ring is like wearing your high school letter jacket that is devoid of any patches other than the actual letter.

I’m not sure if I know anyone who got a ring for UT graduation. 

The high school I went to, people got the signet ring that had the crest stamped on top, because the school was/is kind of prestigious. (No one wore the ring except for maybe a year later at graduation. 

The sister-school has a whole Ring Day ceremony near the end of the girls’ junior year and getting your ring is a big deal. A lot of girls will wear their mom’s or grandmother’s ring if they are a legacy. 

Girls from this prestigious all-girls private school that is over 100 years old are the only people besides aggies who I know of who wear a school ring. (Maybe football lettermen where their T ring, don’t know any.)

I wear an Apple Watch, because it measures my steps, my pulse, calories burned, but especially because it helps me find my cell phone. 

I’m not married, so that is the only “jewelry” I wear. 

aggies are regrded.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, General Specific said:

Hell, I’m married 25+ and counting, and even that ring is in my box in the chest of drawers. Now my wife on the other hand (yeah yeah), has her ring on display all the time.

The aggy ring is less like a college ring and more like a lodge beanie.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I thought Brauny turned an interesting phrase in his recruiting round up on Texags.

image.png.12e1a0f9b2780fb27a2c14b58534e211.png

No one has more experience doing that than Aggies. Be careful of the precipice at the edge of your pedestal, dumbass.

aggy uses that pedestal as a butt plug.

• Haha 2

These guys are going to be real upset around mid-late July when our class is back around the top 10.

I can’t wait to see what talking points rhey manufacture then, probably something along the lines of “can’t develop talent doesn’t matter.”

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 5

0CD1E75F-06A4-480D-B050-39A49D96A7BC.thumb.jpeg.436a30a5ff64ccb5030a2f3d27d00fb3.jpeg

This is the good shit. A mAGnum opus. Just complete denial of how the online aggy hivemind celebrated the “#1 CLASS OF ALL TIME” (coming off an 8-4 season) more than Georgia fans have for back to back championships. Any clear eyed ag can see that getting to 5-7 was actually a Herculean job done by Jimbo, with all that youth and stuff.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Deej said:

Funny how they accuse us of buying players. Aren't they the self-proclaimed richest program in America? Can't they just outbid us?

I mean…the “buying players” thing is kind of hilarious; isn’t that kind of baked into the entire recruiting process across the board now? And don’t they crow about how they invented the greatest NIL model the world has ever known? Wouldn’t any reasonable person assume that every high-end recruit is getting “paid” in 2023?

But, just as the Aggies are undefeated in games that were never played, so too are they the best when it comes to conjuring unsubstantiated, untestable, and fantastic narratives that all conclude  that Texas is just the worst (“Texas kills conferences,” “these kids don’t really want to be Longhorns, they’d much rather be Ags if not for the money,” etcetera and so forth). 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Of all the complaints about Sark, I don't think recruiting has even been one of them. God these guys are fucking imbeciles 

I agree with all of this. Nonetheless, Three Starkisian is a pretty good name. I laughed and then felt some level of shame for not coming up with it on my own and using it here at some point in the past. 

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I agree with all of this. Nonetheless, Three Starkisian is a pretty good name. I laughed and then felt some level of shame for not coming up with it on my own and using it here at some point in the past. 

Was it Herman or Strong that they gave a very similar moniker? 

On 6/15/2023 at 2:59 PM, SydneyCarton said:

It's amazing watching them fight so hard to continue to believe some conspiracy against them. Despite the fact that consistent proof that no one else gives enough of a shit about them to care one way or the other. The need for persecution is a necessity, I suppose, for such a deeply insecure fanbase. "Sankey is going to fuck us at every opportunity." 

:::Gives aTm first home game, gives aTm the easiest schedule::

"THEY FUCKING GET GEORGIA AT HOME BEFORE WE DO, AND YOU KNOW WHAT OU GOT A HARDER SCHEDULE OF COURSE!"

It would be hilarious if it weren't so frightening and terrifying. 

this

this pivot makes the all-time top 100 aggy list

they are oblivious to their own shit

like animals in the barnyard walking in circles

zero situational awareness

27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Strong. He was the 3 Star General or the one I believe you're looking for, 3 Star Char

Again, I thought that one was also hilarious. Sadly true. Chuckles with the 1000 yard stare on the sidelines and the sad trumpet leading the charge in recruiting - those were really, really grim times. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Again, I thought that one was also hilarious. Sadly true. Chuckles with the 1000 yard stare on the sidelines and the sad trumpet leading the charge in recruiting - those were really, really grim times. 

My least favorite Chuckles memory is when he had to drag the administration into begging the Tulsa OC to consider our offer. Unfathomably grim times. But it could have been North Texas St.,  so I guess we had that going for us.

Jesus...

• Rage+1 1

TxDOT is totally infested
Texas Forest Service
DPS
DPS has always been heavy on aggy, but it seems in recent years the professionalism has gone waaay down. This leads me to believe even more aggy are choosing that career path these days.

I was going to write some snarky, satirical response to this bold tweet from a five-year pro commenting on the official visit activities of his collegiate rivals (whom he never actually competed against):

4F9FA2A0-C9E8-4D80-97F1-008D421C6EE2.jpeg.2e0f0f5fa8527e6357ee383aba7f8f04.jpeg

But I forgot and it is pretty old now, so I’ll just submit a series of pictures I found:

19C3C1B6-C3B3-4B31-A9AE-450EAF1B35CE.thumb.jpeg.0704cb8335af55783a6317b6f4bee6f3.jpegC3BFB383-5013-40CE-BFFD-12BAD17B3E67.thumb.jpeg.82d6cd45d3827531918010634de3d1ce.jpegED7A245B-726F-44E9-9B62-FCAA8C4C41D2.thumb.jpeg.8563cda2113acdc91f6dd715997708cd.jpeg12329582-CF5D-4ED7-B6B8-76A627B1CD7A.thumb.jpeg.5f78e22a6f76bb6787fb6abd0f98b42f.jpeg

*Note: Armani (53 GP, 1 Start) spent his entire year with the Colts on IR. Deshon (42 GP, 35 Starts) spent his entire rookie season on the Ravens IR. 

Apologies for the tardiness.

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Apologies for the further derail, but I thought SFA was prominently part of the state forest service.

No TFS is under A&M as part of the Extension Program umbrella and it's why A&M is technically responsible for all disaster response in the state sense 2012 budget cuts when the legislature basically eliminated funding for TFS as and entity and rolled them into the Extension/engineering/and research programs.

Technically it's name is now Texas A&M Forest Service.

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

No TFS is under A&M as part of the Extension Program umbrella and it's why A&M is technically responsible for all disaster response in the state sense 2012 budget cuts when the legislature basically eliminated funding for TFS as and entity and rolled them into the Extension/engineering/and research programs.

Technically its name is now Texas A&M Forest Service.

So…expect a colossal bonfire.

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread