Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

29 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

I wouldn’t — Jimbo is a known quantity. I’d much rather him go 8-4 in ‘23 to save his job than have A&M hire someone like Traylor, etc.

shit, I want them to keep Jimbo until 2026 and then hire Jeff Fisher.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

[Napoleon googles “Dooney & Bourke” to find out what kind of liquor it is…
…discovers that it is not a liquor… and then wonders if “Spirit” is a category of adult beverages or something else.]
He's been researching Chevy Cruze, D&B Chinese knock offs and Spirit airlines

14 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

As much as I hate Jimbo, I'd love to see aggy fire him, the Big Money Ags pay off his contract, and then Jimbo wins a natty within a couple of years at his next stop. The meltdown would be epic.

Fuck that yahoo. I understand what you’re saying, though.

I wouldn’t mind seeing them at a hard-earned 4-6 going into the last two weeks of the season, including a brilliant near-win over Bama. Then they dominate mighty ACU and drop a huge turd into LSU’s punch bowl for a second season in a row to improve from last year’s five wins by exactly one. Cleetus cheers the turnaround, Jimbo stays, the mercs leave, and 24 is set up to be a flaming pile of slightly-used Collie food.

• Drool 2

I don't know, Foosters, they wandered from conducting Harris-County-wide searches for a head coach and look where it got them. Same ol' 8-4 at twice the price.

DeMeco Ryans would be their Deion as he's exactly like Sanders. Aggies can't tell them apart. Hello swag and tee-hee big black dick jokes.

Dana Holgorson turned UH around. Offensive genius who could take the huge tracts of talent A&M has on offense and make them unstoppable. He's an unorthodox person, but hey!, so was Leach. He's Mike Leach, but he's on our side!

Aggie eyes return to Houston.

2 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

I suspect Traylor or Elko would be the two front runners. After going to a couple Duke games, I’m an Elko believer — anyone that can win 9 games there is the real deal.

Why would Elko make a lateral move? His next move should be to an actual contender.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I suspect Traylor or Elko would be the two front runners. After going to a couple Duke games, I’m an Elko believer — anyone that can win 9 games there is the real deal.
If they fall ass backwards into landing Traylor (after getting ghosted by the first 3-4 coaches on their wishlist) he could probably give them a handful of good seasons before aggy culture does it's thing and brings them right back to their historical norm.

On 6/20/2023 at 1:09 PM, DanTheHorn said:

I have seen what you said stated a few times over the last couple of years. If a person does not know that by now, let them remain in their ignorance. It makes it entertaining for the rest of us.

So that ‘splains all the penis enlargement & hardening ads I see between posts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't know, Foosters, they wandered from conducting Harris-County-wide searches for a head coach and look where it got them. Same ol' 8-4 at twice the price.

DeMeco Ryans would be their Deion as he's exactly like Sanders. Aggies can't tell them apart. Hello swag and tee-hee big black dick jokes.

Dana Holgorson turned UH around. Offensive genius who could take the huge tracts of talent A&M has on offense and make them unstoppable. He's an unorthodox person, but hey!, so was Leach. He's Mike Leach, but he's on our side!

Aggie eyes return to Houston.

You mean like we did with Herman?

• Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Elko could be a problem at aggy, and he’d very affordable after the Jimbo “settlement”. 

Traylor is insanely overrated. It’s a uniquely Texas fanbase phenomenon. I’d be shocked if 5 aggys knew who he was. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I think Traylor’s daughter played volleyball at aggy or still does, so they know of him, let alone his recent success at UTSA. His hire would bring the TXHSFB coaches back, after the “King @ QB debacle.”

In aggy terms “They done F’d up the situation.”

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Elko could be a problem at aggy, and he’d very affordable after the Jimbo “settlement”. 

Traylor is insanely overrated. It’s a uniquely Texas fanbase phenomenon. I’d be shocked if 5 aggys knew who he was. 

With how much you’re wrong, pretty much means Traylor will be the next Saban. 

BTW, you’re not as wrong as helobious, so you got that going for you. 

Let me explain. aggy fans know their team well, but they’re very unknowledgeable college football fans. If you asked the average aggy to name every head coach in the SEC, they would fail miserably.  

Outside of San Antonio, to assume they would know the name of the UTSA head coach is giving them too much credit. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

No, Traylor is not overrated. He is a damn good coach, a damn good recruiter, and that east texas personality would be a hit at aggy. His genuineness would be a huge breath of fresh air after the snake oil they have been sold for 6 years. The main question is what is his ceiling? Can he be the head man at a major program at this point in his career. I think he can, I am just not sure he can before another hop to a smaller P5.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I see your train of horrible takes hasn't fallen off the rails just yet, sadly. Yes, Traylor is a uniquely Texas fanbase phenomenon...it's all in our heads that he was a HS coaching legend who won a state title and is revered by the HS coaching community, as well as it is our imagination he was the best coach and a dynamic recruiter while at Texas, as well as him going to UTSA and having a .750 winning percentage, and continuing to just put up conference titles, including during "rebuilding years." 2 conference coach of the year awards in 3 years as a HC. GUYS IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEADS.

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs
UTSA Roadrunners (Conference USA) (2020–2022)
2020 UTSA 7–5 5–2 2nd (West) L First Responder*
2021 UTSA 12–2 7–1 1st (West) L Frisco
2022 UTSA 11–3 8–0 1st L Cure

You fucking look like this:

Jethro Bodine Beverly Hillbillies Meme Generator - Imgflip

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Let me explain. aggy fans know their team well, but they’re very unknowledgeable college football fans. If you asked the average aggy to name every head coach in the SEC, they would fail miserably.  

Outside of San Antonio, to assume they would know the name of the UTSA head coach is giving them too much credit. 

I've seen Traylor referenced in the fucking screenshots posted on this site about coaching as a possibility. As another poster said, he'd fucking crush it at aTm with his east texas folksy vibe. The only thing that could stop him would be aTm's culture and history of fuckery.

And oh yeah, nevermind that he was literally pegged as a backup to a Sark failure at Texas, and the UT system gave him a favorable contract at UTSA to keep him warm. But yeah, he's fucking overrated, outside of the fact the guy can flat out coach. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They're not firing him after this year, payouts still far too large. 

2026-2027 range would be the years

• 2023: $76,800,000
  • 2024: $67,550,000
  • 2025: $58,200,000
  • 2026: $48,750,000
  • 2027: $39,200,000
  • 2028: $29,550,000
  • 2029: $19,800,000
  • 2030: $9,950,000
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, markstanco said:
  • 2023: $76,800,000
  • 2024: $67,550,000
  • 2025: $58,200,000
  • 2026: $48,750,000
  • 2027: $39,200,000
  • 2028: $29,550,000
  • 2029: $19,800,000
  • 2030: $9,950,000

Exactly, 25% is due within 60 days as well then the recurring payments on 180 days after that.

If Jimbo Jimbo is fired this is payout structure(I'm only going next 3 years)

Due within 60 days:

2022:  $21,487,500

2023: $19,200,00

2024: $16,887,500

120 Days after the payment amount due within 60 days starts the recurring payments start.

Recurring Payment Amount:

2022: $7,162,500

2023: $7,200,00

2024: $7,237,500

So within the first 6 months he's due 25% of his buyout plus the recurring payment through 2031.

Total Due Within 6 months:

2022: $28,650,000

2023: $26,400,000

2024: $24,125,000

Add in you'll have 10-15 million in buyouts for assistants regardless of year and it's very very pricey plus the cost of bringing in an entire new staff.

2026 is when the total due within 6 months gets to around 21-22 million and the recurring payment through 2031 down to about 7 million. 

I believe Charlie Weiss and Gus Malzahn have the largest buyouts ever after termination so it would be in line with those.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

41 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I see your train of horrible takes hasn't fallen off the rails just yet, sadly. Yes, Traylor is a uniquely Texas fanbase phenomenon...it's all in our heads that he was a HS coaching legend who won a state title and is revered by the HS coaching community, as well as it is our imagination he was the best coach and a dynamic recruiter while at Texas, as well as him going to UTSA and having a .750 winning percentage, and continuing to just put up conference titles, including during "rebuilding years." 2 conference coach of the year awards in 3 years as a HC. GUYS IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEADS.

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs
UTSA Roadrunners (Conference USA) (2020–2022)
2020 UTSA 7–5 5–2 2nd (West) L First Responder*
2021 UTSA 12–2 7–1 1st (West) L Frisco
2022 UTSA 11–3 8–0 1st L Cure

-

I've seen Traylor referenced in the fucking screenshots posted on this site about coaching as a possibility. As another poster said, he'd fucking crush it at aTm with his east texas folksy vibe. The only thing that could stop him would be aTm's culture and history of fuckery.

And oh yeah, nevermind that he was literally pegged as a backup to a Sark failure at Texas, and the UT system gave him a favorable contract at UTSA to keep him warm. But yeah, he's fucking overrated, outside of the fact the guy can flat out coach. 

his results at UTSA look even better when you see their history as a program:

image.png.e2886768940936877e2cec20df74ca64.png

Traylor is going to be an excellent coach for someone beyond UTSA.

• Hook 'Em 2

image.png.e7bc6076cdfce35d5f9a1d61834f2a82.png

image.png.871030aef744054ac893c40df1c68711.png

spacer.png

I suppose we will follow their lead in abandoning wit and clarity as well. Sigh.

image.png.325bb113629de8a89ecf311286e532c9.png

image.png.6a6dbef561b9c489493138cfcf7438ce.png

Who can imagine knowing this? There must be a Fish Camp indoctrination class where they memorize this absurd shit.

The whole thread shows how small their world is. There is no history other than A&M and tu. In this universe, they invented the class ring. They invented the pep rally (Holy Fatal Bonfire). They invented joining the SEC.

Their gig 'em was directed only at TCU and then adopted in general, I would guess, to answer Hook 'Em. Everybody knows Hook 'Em because it's fun and makes sense, two elements totally absent in Aggie "culture."

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.e7bc6076cdfce35d5f9a1d61834f2a82.png

image.png.871030aef744054ac893c40df1c68711.png

spacer.png

I suppose we will follow their lead in abandoning wit and clarity as well. Sigh.

image.png.325bb113629de8a89ecf311286e532c9.png

image.png.6a6dbef561b9c489493138cfcf7438ce.png

Who can imagine knowing this? There must be a Fish Camp indoctrination class where they memorize this absurd shit.

The whole thread shows how small their world is. There is no history other than A&M and tu. In this universe, they invented the class ring. They invented the pep rally (Holy Fatal Bonfire). They invented joining the SEC.

Their gig 'em was directed only at TCU and then adopted in general, I would guess, to answer Hook 'Em. Everybody knows Hook 'Em because it's fun and makes sense, two elements totally absent in Aggie "culture."

Counterpoint, imagine giving a fuck about your college ring with 98% of UT grads don't wear for more than a few years after graduation. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread