Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

I've never hated aggy as much as I have OU. And that's going back over 50-plus years of Texas fandom. I've always said that if we're going to win only one game a year, it had better be OU. I've never felt quite that way about the gomers.

But hey, don't get me wrong...I loathe them, too. 

• Hook 'Em 3

image.png.10d5a0780bb054f43cf0991f2ed16374.png

Yes, we hate them so much that we erect uselessly huge suicide bonfires every year to express our burning desire to beat m&a even in years when we don't play them. We hate them so much that we changed our fight song to a "war hymn" where all we sing about is m&a, and it includes a special refrain where we wrap arms around shoulders and talk about mutilating their mascot!

spacer.png

This Longhorn (oops) normal person is the control sample of normal behavior. The gif says it all.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

Yeah, this will be next phase of aggy fan fiction: Texas and OU really don’t hate each other because they joined the SEC together. 

Anything is possible. aggy has annoyed the f*** out of LSU so badly in 12 years that they’re approaching a semblance of a rivalry. It’s possible that some Texas fans could hate aggy more than OU by about 2035 or so. 

Also, I don't hate anybody in sports competition. I want A&M to lose everygame. I hate when they are better than us (seldom in my lifetime). My freshman and sophomore years at Texas I almost passed out from the heat and yelling in the Cotton Bowl when we played and lost close ones to OU. I despised Switzer.

The common talk about hate is sort of silly to me. It's Aggie-like in wanting to express some wild constant burning passion about a fucking sports rivalry. They truly hate UT because they've been taught that it's not just football but good versus evil. It's a pathology.

I don't want to use their language here. Fuck OU and Fuck A&M. But football isn't jihad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

image.png.10d5a0780bb054f43cf0991f2ed16374.png
Yes, we hate them so much that we erect uselessly huge suicide bonfires every year to express our burning desire to beat m&a even in years when we don't play them. We hate them so much that we changed our fight song to a "war hymn" where all we sing about is m&a, and it includes a special refrain where we wrap arms around shoulders and talk about mutilating their mascot!
HandsomeFearlessCassowary-max-1mb.gif

This Longhorn shows how much we hate A&M and they're so calm about Texas.
Uhh...that's a couple gumps, your eye doc may want to check you for colorblindness lol.

Point still stands though.
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Also, I don't hate anybody in sports competition. I want A&M to lose everygame. I hate when they are better than us (seldom in my lifetime). My freshman and sophomore years at Texas I almost passed out from the heat and yelling in the Cotton Bowl when we played and lost close ones to OU. I despised Switzer.

The common talk about hate is sort of silly to me. It's Aggie-like in wanting to express some wild constant burning passion about a fucking sports rivalry. They truly hate UT because they've been taught that it's not just football but good versus evil. It's a pathology.

I don't want to use their language here. Fuck OU and Fuck A&M. But football isn't jihad.

I hate that if my middle one doesn’t tighten up, she’ll have to choose between UH and aggy someday. 

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

I think the Aggies have mistaken annoyance and disdain with hatred. The later is an expression, however begrudging, of respect for the competence of a foe that can hurt you. The former is an expression of contempt for a cult that is completely clueless as to its own cult-like nature.

When I talk to SEC fans, the question that typically comes up is "what the f**k is wrong with A&M?" They've been in the SEC for little more than a decade, and they've already got the neighbors backing away slowly without making eye contact. 

• Hook 'Em 9

Look I will be the first to admit that I lost hatred for OU because the RRS is sacred and having them run away alone to the SEC like the little crybaby aggies would have been insanely depressing.

That said now that we are tied at the hip I can keep rooting for their complete failure.

Also 2020 Aggie team is my favorite opponent team all time cause the lunatic fascists boycotted them over the stupid Mond vs confederacy statue activism. I love that they could not enjoy their best season in decades.

30 minutes ago, linux said:

Look I will be the first to admit that I lost hatred for OU because the RRS is sacred and having them run away alone to the SEC like the little crybaby aggies would have been insanely depressing.

That said now that we are tied at the hip I can keep rooting for their complete failure.

Also 2020 Aggie team is my favorite opponent team all time cause the lunatic fascists boycotted them over the stupid Mond vs confederacy statue activism. I love that they could not enjoy their best season in decades.

idiotic-happy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I hate that if my middle one doesn’t tighten up, she’ll have to choose between UH and aggy someday. 

Let me give you a list of Texas colleges/universities with lower admissions percentages than the diploma mill in college station:  

Rice, Trinity, UT Austin, Texas Wesleyan, A&M Commerce, LeTourneau, Baylor, McMurray, UTD, SMU, TCU, Southwestern, Austin College, Howard Payne, A&M International, UH Victoria, Texas Lutheran, Tarleton State.

All are more selective institutions than aggy CS.

https://www.acceptancerate.com/texas

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

And I bet you love Microsoft too!

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Let me give you a list of Texas colleges/universities with lower admissions percentages than the diploma mill in college station:  

Rice, Trinity, UT Austin, Texas Wesleyan, A&M Commerce, LeTourneau, Baylor, McMurray, UTD, SMU, TCU, Southwestern, Austin College, Howard Payne, A&M International, UH Victoria, Texas Lutheran, Tarleton State.

Really, I was kidding. My kids would never consider aggy or OU. And Baylor raped themselves out of any sane person attending. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nnm said:

hmmm, East Texas State. I'm impressed.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

I dont know, i have met some southwest texas state girls that were pretty skilled.

Yes, she'll learn some lifelong skills. Possibly appreciated by many, many folks. Maybe even become a campus legend. But it's his kid, so let's all just pretend otherwise for his sake.

• Hook 'Em 1

One of my favorite things that aggy does is complaining about shit, without ever giving actual examples of what they are talking about.  Like:

...Translates to certain disadvantages...

...sip has always (!) managed to pull strings behind the curtains...

There's nothing remotely specific,  but I guess it's easier to complain that way.

• Hook 'Em 2

The prismatic evolution of a typical Longhorn - and many, if not most, other fan bases - is thus:  1) aggies are laughable, ridiculous and pathetic; 2) aggies are contemptible  cheaters, liars and hypocrites; 3) aggies are thoroughly delusional hacks; 4) aggies are laughable, ridiculous and pathetic.

33 minutes ago, cafe society said:

The prismatic evolution of a typical Longhorn - and many, if not most, other fan bases - is thus:  1) aggies are laughable, ridiculous and pathetic; 2) aggies are contemptible  cheaters, liars and hypocrites; 3) aggies are thoroughly delusional hacks; 4) aggies are laughable, ridiculous and pathetic.

*aggy

• Hook 'Em 3

The best part about the aggies is how they fall apart, the rollercoaster, the pimp cane vs UCLA, oldschool Branding Iron declaring victory with 1:48 left  in the 4th quarter of the last T+1

You would think it were scripted.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It's only a single post, but the board needs some grist while we wait for the heavy hitters.

From Texags. I'm guessing some gems will follow this brilliant opening.

image.png.6a9319e939f532dbf3edc8f230b68374.png

2. They have never been one of the most hated programs.  A huge chunk of the country barely knows they exist. As you note, the people who know them best either laugh at them or regard them with incredulous disdain.

4. Does anyone else find this "our league" or "our conference" stuff funny? I'll take that crap from Alabama, or Tennessee, or Ole Miss. You know, some team that has actually been in the SEC forever. But the Aggies act like they're one of those SEC ancestral programs, which is one of the things that seems to annoy their neighbors. Particularly since they hired f**king Jimbo, they've acted more  and more like they should be acknowledged as one of the SEC's elite programs. I mean, who can forget that buffoonish turn in the half-time University spot, where they did their tired 12th man bit while implying the rest of the SEC  was afraid of them.

8. By all means, fight the good fight back, you stupid dickwads.

• Like 2

image.png.140293e05a5363b5cb018f880f9996d1.png

Yea, I'd say your ability to compete for SEC championships in the past is pretty well compromised, too.

image.png.cdd7905f2e4edf96325937d153a7c826.png

Ramping up the push makes anyone feel better, of course. I lingered on this post. It reads very well if you imagine he is a cheerful Russian. From interviews I recently getting...

image.png.e51ac4eb8d940231eaad8efdc946ec60.png

image.png.636e8d5db76ff48f5be32343eb1ea691.png

You see, Jimbo only took 19 high school players because Jimbo knows how to win a natty. It's not that Jimbo wanted more guys than 19, oh no! He knows the right number. Trust him. Lots of great OTs and LBs wanted to come, but Jimbo waggled his finger and said, "No! No more than 19!"

What Jimbo did was watch those national championship level practices last summer and think, "They'stoomany JimmiesandJoes outch here. Too crowded. I'llfixthatrightquick." You cannot win in the SEC with a full roster. It's confusing. All that depth just muddies the water.

We're fine. You know who to trust.

image.png.998263b4d2acd18edb6318b014fb96e4.png

1 Profound grasp of reality.

2 Profound grasp of annual repetition.

18 hours ago, linux said:

The best part about the aggies is how they fall apart, the rollercoaster, the pimp cane vs UCLA, oldschool Branding Iron declaring victory with 1:48 left  in the 4th quarter of the last T+1

You would think it were scripted.

Haven’t heard that name in years. Wonder what happened to him?

5 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Haven’t heard that name in years. Wonder what happened to him?

Probably got executed after that fuckup, the little man was absolutely roasted by ag tags for jinxing them and told continually to shut the fuck up that day.

Never forget how traumatic that 2011 game was for them, that ref pic has been posted a million times.

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread