Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Still kills me about Haynes King. He gets hurt in 2021, and that's the only thing that separates them from the play-off.

2022 comes along and it's, if we'd been smart enough to never start King, we'd have had a winning season!

Now their hopes are tied to a second team QB who had a good game against LSU (provided by the brilliant running of Achane).

I wonder if any part of the falloff they’re having has to do with getting blackballed by the ETX HSFB coaching mafia. Of course, 5-7 with an albatross coach doesn’t help, nor do disillusioned “NIL” folks (in aggy’s case, the NIL guys are old fashioned bag men). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Went over to Texags. Billy posted his interview with Bisontis. I turned it on to see if Bisontis sounds as stupid as he looks, but he's at least average for a college football player. Then I took a look at Billy. Then I noticed something about Bisontis.

image.png.8763d52893af14ac26dcea88466ccb6c.png

Liucci really went all out for TV. Seemingly clean white t-shirt always tells you about the man. Looks like a fresh cap, too. Hair: fabulous. In short, it's the usual mature grown man look that we've come to know. Stunning.

Then the look at Bisontis. Billy gave him a TexAgs shirt to wear on the set. It looks nicer than the underwear Billy is wearing. 

Here, man [unintelligble mumble] so I'd like you have this shirt.

Thanks.

You mind wearing it for the interview?

Wear it? You mean like an advertisement of your show wear it?

It's [unintellible mumble] tradition on the show. 

(Shrugs) Okay. It's a pretty nice shirt. (Pulls shirt on.) What are you wearing, Billy?

Call me Looch.

Looch. What are you wearing Looch?

I'm going on like this.

I wear the shirt and you don't?

(off screen) Everbody set? We go live in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Welcome [unintelligible mumble] so that Texas fan base sucks. Today, we have Chase Bisontis on the show. Great shirt, Chase! How you liking all the room of having empty lockers between players? We have such great facilities!

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, nnm said:

I wonder if any part of the falloff they’re having has to do with getting blackballed by the ETX HSFB coaching mafia. Of course, 5-7 with an albatross coach doesn’t help, nor do disillusioned “NIL” folks (in aggy’s case, the NIL guys are old fashioned bag men). 

Excellent question. Coach King allegedly hates Jimbo, and he really wanted Haynes at LSU. But LSU never reciprocated. 

King is the gold standard of East Texas coaches and I believe he was recently President of the THSCA. If he’s spreading the gospel of Jimbo’s shittiness in coaching circles, it could close some doors for aggy. 

That said, aggy can sell small town atmosphere to rural kids despite BCS being essentially a Houston exurb with  a population well north of 200k people. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Went over to Texags. Billy posted his interview with Bisontis. I turned it on to see if Bisontis sounds as stupid as he looks, but he's at least average for a college football player. Then I took a look at Billy. Then I noticed something about Bisontis.

image.png.8763d52893af14ac26dcea88466ccb6c.png

Liucci really went all out for TV. Seemingly clean white t-shirt always tells you about the man. Looks like a fresh cap, too. Hair: fabulous. In short, it's the usual mature grown man look that we've come to know. Stunning.

Then the look at Bisontis. Billy gave him a TexAgs shirt to wear on the set. It looks nicer than the underwear Billy is wearing. 

Here, man [unintelligble mumble] so I'd like you have this shirt.

Thanks.

You mind wearing it for the interview?

Wear it? You mean like an advertisement of your show wear it?

It's [unintellible mumble] tradition on the show. 

(Shrugs) Okay. It's a pretty nice shirt. (Pulls shirt on.) What are you wearing, Billy?

Call me Looch.

Looch. What are you wearing Looch?

I'm going on like this.

I wear the shirt and you don't?

(off screen) Everbody set? We go live in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Welcome [unintelligible mumble] so that Texas fan base sucks. Today, we have Chase Bisontis on the show. Great shirt, Chase! How you liking all the room of having empty lockers between players? We have such great facilities!

Tell me again, please... how old is Liucci?  ~50?  I've seen people cleaning stalls at horse tracks that dress better than he does.  Ralphie the Buffalo is better groomed than Billy.  He makes Bisontis look downright sleek.  Only in Petticoat Jonestown would they allow someone that looks like him to be a face of the university.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Tell me again, please... how old is Liucci?  ~50?  I've seen people cleaning stalls at horse tracks that dress better than he does.  Ralphie the Buffalo is better groomed than Billy.  He makes Bisontis look downright sleek.  Only in Petticoat Jonestown would they allow someone that looks like him to be a face of the university.

Looch has been spotted at the Republic Steakhouse in flip flops. I guess they let him in the because he’s a local celebrity. But holy shit, put on shoes if you’re going to drop $75 on a steak. We’re trying to have an organized society here. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Looch has been spotted at the Republic Steakhouse in flip flops. I guess they let him in the because he’s a local celebrity. But holy shit, put on shoes if you’re going to drop $75 on a steak. We’re trying to have an organized society here. 

And maybe get a fucking haircut?  He looks like an Austin homeless poster child.  

Edited by DalTxHornFan

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

8 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

And maybe get a fucking haircut?  He looks like an Austin homeless poster child.  

If I had to not only follow as a fan the last 2 decades of aggy football, but have all the depressing inside knowledge while having to sell rainbows and gumdrops to the dumb fans I would probably give up on personal grooming too. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Unsurprisingly, the overwhelming consensus on Texags is that it was all luck.

I think more of them are claiming a conspiracy to keep aggy down. The umps last night were calling strikes balls. If they had had those umps last weekend, they wouldn't have lost. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

AggieNattie is uncut dope. His handle is greatness and then he’s winning hypothetical games to go to the world series after watching ATM lose real ones to go home. Just the simplest of aggie idiots. He needs to post more. 

AggieNattie is too ingenious of a name. Has to be a surly troll.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I love the “Texas players wouldn’t even swing!” point they keep repeating. Is that supposed to be some indictment on the Texas hitters, as though swinging at strikes and not swinging at balls isn’t the fundamental basis for sound hitting?

Good golly they really can’t handle it when Texas wins anything.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I love the “Texas players wouldn’t even swing!” point they keep repeating. Is that supposed to be some indictment on the Texas hitters, as though swinging at strikes and not swinging at balls isn’t the fundamental basis for sound hitting?

Good golly they really can’t handle it when Texas wins anything.

Get ready for multiple 3 game series against aggy. Their baseball turditions are almost as annoying as football. 

The 5 ball chant and the bubble machines are the most irksome in college baseball. 

22 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Get ready for multiple 3 game series against aggy. Their baseball turditions are almost as annoying as football. 

The 5 ball chant and the bubble machines are the most irksome in college baseball. 

The Vandy whistler is worse.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

image.jpeg.0c9040181a93453be2cf66be85ce2575.jpeg

ConfusedAnnualGermanpinscher-max-1mb.gif

Yep. All their desperate rationalization expressed in a single sentence. 

Another baseball genius up there said how in the ninth inning his team was always instructed "take until they throw a strike." Somewhere Albert Pujols flinches, "Damn. Some genius in College Station figured it out. The secret is out!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This shit still amazes me. It shouldn’t, but it does. The notion that a “Mickey house path” to the CWS by beating two national seeds, twice each, in their houses on opposite ends of the map is absurd unto itself. But no, that’s not enough. Inside of that premise is that one of those national seeds already put a fucking bullet through the head of the aggie 2023 baseball season in order to face Texas in the first place. It’s mind blowing. 

you can say that again.

• Hook 'Em 1

Kind of like the Texas and OU video with Bradley Cooper, I always get a kick out of the pimp cane gif.

Aggies out-pretzeled themselves pointing out that this wasn't a pimp cane! It's drum major's baton! That's not a pimp walk! He's honoring our traditions! Or some such shit.

And that coach flitting around him! Immortally cringe inducing.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/8/2023 at 10:15 PM, closetojumping said:

I just watched that clip on the Finebaum show. Jesus. They really did make that shit up out of whole cloth and are trying to publicly bully the SEC into agreeing to that. 

The SEC was furious about the way ATM behaved in the summer of 2021. ATM tried to imply that they had some weight to throw around and called their emergency BOR meeting for a Monday on Friday afternoon and stated that discussing the Texas move to the SEC and their “options” was the agenda. Sankey asked them directly what their intent was and they hemmed and hawed around potentially leaving the conference. He told them to do that or cut the shit. Get right or get fucked. They immediately started acting like they were totally on board with the move. I’ve heard the story told the same way from friends in the AD at Bama and someone close to the powers that be in the UT system. It had to have come from Sankey or one of his people on the call. These idiots actually tried to leverage the notion that they would take their ball and go home if they didn’t get their way.

Now ATM is trying the same exact shit over the stupid first home game, something no one cared about until they started chirping. It’s a bold strategy. If I’m Sankey, I put that game in Austin and tell them to shut the fuck up or they’ll wind up permanent rivals with Texas, LSU and Georgia. 

We really need a full behind the scenes write-up of the Texas/OU move to the SEC including all the details and the aggy meltdown. I'd pay good money for it - great bed time reading.

14 minutes ago, AbraCadabra said:

We really need a full behind the scenes write-up of the Texas/OU move to the SEC including all the details and the aggy meltdown. I'd pay good money for it - great bed time reading.

I think it would be a fun 30 for 30, but the problem is that the truth is too brutal. The whole thing would wind up unintentionally lampooning ATM and their various characters in leadership. Everybody besides ATM actually wants to get along with one another, including with ATM, so there's an extremely low likelihood of anyone associated to UT, OU, or the SEC, or folks covering them, to come out with anything public. ATM would take all of it personally, and view it all as intentional, and then they'd do more harmful shit to the conference, themselves, and Texas. 

It is really pathetic that what I just wrote is even remotely plausible when considering that ATM is supposed to be an institution of higher learning, but here we are.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think it would be a fun 30 for 30, but the problem is that the truth is too brutal. The whole thing would wind up unintentionally lampooning ATM and their various characters in leadership. Everybody besides ATM actually wants to get along with one another, including with ATM, so there's an extremely low likelihood of anyone associated to UT, OU, or the SEC, or folks covering them, to come out with anything public. ATM would take all of it personally, and view it all as intentional, and then they'd do more harmful shit to the conference, themselves, and Texas. 

It is really pathetic that what I just wrote is even remotely plausible when considering that ATM is supposed to be an institution of higher learning, but here we are.

Then there is “that video” which puts the realignment event in such a hilarious manner.

It still makes me laugh.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Oh absolutely, I remember reading many aggies stating at the time of their departure that if destroying A&M would also destroy UT, they would happily do it.  Butthurt bonkers, that's aggy.

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread