Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

39 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It was National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation that powerfully underwhelmed me. I couldn't believe that boring bit of nothing was the movie so many of my friends treated like a comedic masterpiece.

Napoleon Dynamite also sucked, but the world seems to have come around on that being pretty lame.

I had a weird experience with Napoleon Dynamite in that I hated it when I first watched it. But when I talked about stuff in it with friends afterwards, I found some parts funny.

Every laugh I got from that movie came after I watched it instead of during it.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

It was National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation that powerfully underwhelmed me. I couldn't believe that boring bit of nothing was the movie so many of my friends treated like a comedic masterpiece.

Napoleon Dynamite also sucked, but the world seems to have come around on that being pretty lame.

giphy.webp

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Things that are actually funny. Stuff like Wedding Crashers, Fletch, Ghostbusters, Seinfeld, Veep, A Confederacy of Dunces, this thread, unintentionally humorous traits exhibited by patrons of this site and stuff like that in real life. I watched all of those things I named that aren't funny as an adult and, they aren't funny to me. To each their own, but it's not like I'm dry as a Popeye's biscuit on this board like Reese Bennett or something.

Don't sweat Roma. It's part of his charm and schtick that he gets super crotchety when this thread deviates for all of half of a page for any reason. It's actually funny to me because right when I start expecting him to show up and cajoles us, he shows up and cajoles us.

But do you like The Royal Tannenbaums, The life aquatic, and the royal Budapest Hotel?

Cause I find them emmensely funny....even when I'm not certain why I find them funny...

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

It was National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation that powerfully underwhelmed me. I couldn't believe that boring bit of nothing was the movie so many of my friends treated like a comedic masterpiece

My nephew, who worked on that film and has his name in the credits, would agree. 
But he may be biased because he had a run-in with Chase off the set and knows what a major league asshole he is.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

Goddamn there is a lot of whining about the movie tangent in this thread. It's June. Maybe we should be talking about who makes the best chicken fried steak instead? Or maybe a good ol' fashioned thread about cheese-based puns?

At least with this thread I'm learning that CTJ's sense of humor is bafflingly inconsistent.  

I already covered this, CFS is chicken. You're welcome 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

My nephew, who worked on that film and has his name in the credits, would agree. 
But he may be biased because he had a run-in with Chase off the set and knows what a major league asshole he is.

Your nephew obviously didn't/doesn't do blow. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/6/2023 at 11:44 AM, Chuckie Finster said:

After reading the context, I feel even stronger about what I said.  Billy's issue with CDC seems strangely personal.

On 6/6/2023 at 11:58 AM, Tylerocks said:

What a weird thing to get worked up about.

Par for the aggy course, I suppose.

A “news” channel attacked a former president for days for doing such un-American things as:

1) Wearing a beige suit… once.

2) Putting mustard on a hot dog 🌭. (You’ll notice that even the hot dog emoji has mustard on it so WTF?)

Complete nonsense, but they needed something to rile their base while things were actually going pretty well in the USA. Aggie is probably doing the same… throwing shit at the wall to distract. 

On 6/6/2023 at 2:47 PM, Mr. Drummond said:

We just going to all sit here and act like 1990 UH didn't happen huh?   I mean i was drunk and all, but im pretty sure i remember being called an idiot.

On 6/6/2023 at 3:49 PM, C-Man said:

You from SA?

The UH game is the only game I can recall that the fans rushed the field. What an atmosphere.

And somebody remind Billy that our number of wins over Top 5 teams at home is smaller because we never play our biggest rival in Austin.

On 6/6/2023 at 5:03 PM, BERT said:

To be fair Looch was talking about in the last 25years at DKR. I'm not a math genius but i think y'all are going back too far. 

Okay, (1) at DKR and (2) in the last 25 years. 

Because I witnessed hundreds, if not thousands, of Longhorns storm the field at a&m after we won the last SWC game ever, 16-6. 

That was win the corp/

1) Tool a Longhorn flag away from a UT player on the field. 

2) Held women down on the field while others punched them.

3) Held men down on the field and punched and/or kicked them to the extent that some men had to go to the hospital for stitches.

Of course is here was no disciplinary action on the part of the a&m administrators.

I will never go to that shit hole again for any reason. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

A “news” channel attacked a former president for days for doing such un-American things as:

1) Wearing a beige suit… once.

2) Putting mustard on a hot dog 🌭. (You’ll notice that even the hot dog emoji has mustard on it so WTF?)

Complete nonsense, but they needed something to rile their base while things were actually going pretty well in the USA. Aggie is probably doing the same… throwing shit at the wall to distract. 

Take it to the Cloak Room

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Of course is here was no disciplinary action on the part of the a&m administrators.

Would you expect any? They weren't even contrite for killing 12 of their own students in a preventable Lincoln Log accident. 

Hell, they are probably considering bringing Bonfire back and putting Durkin in charge of it. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/6/2023 at 3:39 PM, closetojumping said:

I'll join you. Animal House, Caddyshack, and the Monty Python movies are beyond my reach in the humor department. Watched all of them and none of them made me laugh once.

Have you seen a professional about your sad and tragic condition? My prayers bro, you haz them...

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/6/2023 at 5:40 PM, Horndog said:

I may be alone, but I turned that movie off about 20 minutes in and never looked back. I figure I gained an hour or so in my life to do something fun. 

Hate to admit it but, I didn't make it 2 minutes. My hate of all things Nicholas Cage probably screws with the fairness of my opinion.

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Take it to the Cloak Room

This. References to conflict between news channels and presidents, current or former, are in the wrong place if they’re on this board. Don’t double down on mistakes. Own them and fix them and move on.

Edited by Magus Ossis
  • Like 1

I can't imagine putting so much time and effort into trying to control the narrative of something that nobody outside of college station, gives a shit about.

If the the game is at Kyle Field, you can claim a very inconsequential/insignificant "victory".  OK?

If the game is in Austin, the entire conference will laugh, because you made such a public stand on it and "lost".  Again.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

I can't imagine putting so much time and effort into trying to control the narrative of something that nobody outside of college station, gives a shit about.

If the the game is at Kyle Field, you can claim a very inconsequential/insignificant "victory".  OK?

If the game is in Austin, the entire conference will laugh, because you made such a public stand on it and "lost".  Again.

Think about it through the aggy lens and it makes more sense.

If they schedule the game in College Station, then it's proof that you are important and people love you and are sorry that they were mean

If they schedule the game in Austin, then it's proof that those damn tsips are already trying to run another conference

Win/win for the #brand

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Holy shit was this epic, what a complete dumbass. Did he not ever think the question would come, "why are you so sure it's going to be there"? He was totally unprepared to answer that question other than Ross said so, then potentially threw him under the bus with the "he better be right". 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

This. References to conflict between news channels and presidents, current or former, are in the wrong place if they’re on this board. Don’t double down on mistakes. Own them and fix them and move on.

Uh.. you realize this is the 9.95 board right? @futureman and @BurntOrange&White would like a word.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

image.png.44bde6f0ada21e567a4d1ccf57c7872e.png

image.png.b82a9d67e9bbcf9f88d483219dace6e9.png

You guys say there are holes. You're idiots! We're 100%!. But we do have some holes. 100%! Ten wins!

image.png.da19ef18ccc65ee22222c78fa0a353e1.png

image.png.e4390dfefd79c31c9be126471804b636.png

First, you must get the nation to give a shit. The nation knows you as a very weird place full of people doing weird things. Winning will just make you weirder. Whatever interest the nation has is mostly anthropological. 

image.png.d38ef8720646b6e7db166c90b8ca6884.png

That's because you guys roll out the red carpet and hit it out of the park. Your sources on Texags are beyond dispute. They're serious when they say recruits are blown away and love the family atmosphere. 

image.png.880be9f6f52aeddb5a086cde58269e29.png

Man, these guys can wear out a subject saying the same thing over and over. 

image.png.1a68cbb2920ef3a145ab031eb354e4f2.png

Raaahhh-awwwk. Better play tu at Kyle. Rather keep LSU for Thanksgiving. SEC hates us. Raahhh-awk.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

So for more than a decade they have been raving about the gauntlet of the SEC schedule, how every week is a war, yada yada. And now they're complaining because Texas is going to have an easy SEC schedule based  upon pure conjecture? 

Edited by Horndog
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread