Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Haven’t heard that name in years. Wonder what happened to him?

He died a couple of years ago.  I went to TexAgs for the first time in about 4-5 years last week, and there was a thread on the Old Rivalries board about it.

And it sparked a memory that someone on this board had mentioned it a few months ago.  Maybe CTJ.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

He died a couple of years ago.  I went to TexAgs for the first time in about 4-5 years last week, and there was a thread on the Old Rivalries board about it.

And it sparked a memory that someone on this board had mentioned it a few months ago.  Maybe CTJ.

Aw, that’s sad.

RIP, Branding Iron. 
You provided us sips with a lot of entertainment over the years.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/13/2023 at 11:14 AM, fattyflattie said:

All jokes aside, this has been my guess since they were like 3  

Oldest - UT

Middle - TxSt, “Harvard on the hill”, lol.   

Youngest - Rice 

Fuck aggy.  

I have a similar slotting with mine.  Youngest has the requisite discipline and smarts for anywhere but we'll see.  He's not even in high school yet.  Oldest Graduated from Texas last year and is in grad school.  Middle?  Didn't even try to apply to Texas.  She had a 3.9 but rankings killed her, aggy wasn't an option for her (her decision, but she did get in) so she is at Alabama on a nice scholarship having the time of her life.

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

They've gone plaid speed into buying in on everything being thrown out there regarding scheduling. In addition, they're counting their chickens long before they've hatched on their 2024 roster. They're going to lose guys for numerous reasons and the replacements are from weak recruiting classes. If ATM has another shit year this season, that 2024 roster will be FSU 2018 level quality.

1 hour ago, Wiler77 said:

Wasn't me. I learned about his passing on this board.

35 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Lol, we don't give a fuck where the first game is. They're the ones with thousands of posts on the topic. We just think it would be hilarious if it was in Austin after all the bitching and moaning coming out of that shithole.

Two different Ags texted me today in celebration that the game would be at Kyle.

We had never discussed it. They're so fucking excited... and weird.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Two different Ags texted me today in celebration that the game would be at Kyle.

We had never discussed it. They're so fucking excited... and weird.

"Cool guys. Remember what happened last time we played there? Yeah, me too. Expect that to happen over and over, just like it did back then."

• Hook 'Em 1

I love how aggy equates everyone's 8T4 season to their own.

We won 3 more games than in Sarkisian's 1st season and played a shit ton of underclassmen. We return our starting QB, every important WR/TE/OL and a strong RB room even with the losses of Robinson and Johnson. This is likely the most talented offense since 2004-2005, though I could see more players on this year's team play in the NFL than those two seasons.

On defense we have key starters back at all 3 levels, and have recruited plenty of talent to surround those guys from both the HS ranks and the portal. With any kind of luck Texas is playing is likely in the playoffs no matter what happens in the Big 12 title game.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Lou_Sassle said:

That one regarded mother fucker really said "the SEC is fucked if we go to the big 10!" Just when I thought those fucking dildos couldn't get any dumber...

Maybe he meant to say “The SEC is fucking happy if we run away from Big Brother like we did in 2012”.

2 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

Could have been me. Dude was drug-addled for at least the last 20 years. There are people on this board who knew him.

3 hours ago, tejas60 said:

image.png.e871b49f66f8fca3ff8716904ee02803.png

who the fuck is butter lips?

I don't want to know the specifics, but it's the nickname for whatever you have to do in the corps to get one of those little ropes over your shoulder. I don't know if it's related to Surge Butts and grabbing pouch, and I don't want to know.

21 minutes ago, MAGS® said:

Honestly would rather play aggy on kyle field for the reunion game.   Winning there would put a smug grin on my face when welcoming them back to reality*

*yeah yeah,...  I know,  no such thing as reality with them...   

We could nickname Kyle, "The Shinebox."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

So, it's settled.  '24 is the year the giant awakens, and kicks off an undeniable run of several decades of dominance by the farmers.  Lulz.  

Not going to lie, getting the attention from the first game would be cool, no doubt will be a Gameday, and probably a huge recruiting day.  Horns need to fuck that up for them.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think it’s probably already too late for aggy to fix their OL before 2024. Jimbo has proven to be completely incompetent in the portal, and even if they sign a top 3 2024 class they’ll all be freshmen. 

This is where I’m at.  They’ll have a great DL, some really talented backs, and some (a) high end receiver(s).  Give them the benefit of the doubt they Weigman actually turns out.  But the OL is still straight garbage.   And it isn’t trending to be any better.   League of trenches rah rah.  Going at it without a competent OL is going to bring the lulz, especially in ‘24 when they dodge Bama and UGa and won’t be able to capitalize. 

38 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

This is where I’m at.  They’ll have a great DL, some really talented backs, and some (a) high end receiver(s).  Give them the benefit of the doubt they Weigman actually turns out.  But the OL is still straight garbage.   And it isn’t trending to be any better.   League of trenches rah rah.  Going at it without a competent OL is going to bring the lulz, especially in ‘24 when they dodge Bama and UGa and won’t be able to capitalize. 

I wouldn't count on Weigman finishing either of the next two seasons with his injury/concussion history and playing behind that OL.

• Hook 'Em 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread