Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

4 hours ago, Getafix said:

Many were glad when A&M left what they considered to be an inferior league and put a school that seemingly ran that league in the rear view mirror, never to be thought of again. In addition, without having to worry about their neighbors or coworkers celebrating Texas wins for 365 days a year, losses in the nation’s best league had more of businesslike feel to them.

This statement has a dizzying amount of mental gymnastics, unwarranted hubris, and just a hint of reality without them even realizing that they are ok with businesslike losses.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

This statement has a dizzying amount of mental gymnastics, unwarranted hubris, and just a hint of reality without them even realizing that they are ok with businesslike losses.

Every aggy that I have to interact with, while at work, has acted as if the SEC logo was tattooed on their forehead. Now that they’ve lost that “differentiating” factor, they are at a loss. Remember the years of seeing online pictures of aggy vehicles even having the SEC conference logo prominently on their vehicles?

aggy has no more perceived advantage that they had for a decade, so they’re in a mental fog right now. A SEC logo, sticker or magnet, will never be on a vehicle of mine. F them all, we’re Texas!

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 8

No idea what Urban makes at Fox or what he's still being paid by jorts, but I could see aggy trying to money whip him if they come up with the scratch to shitcan Jimbo. I seriously don't know who they would go for now that their expectations are our in the sky high. They're too dumb to go after a coach like Leopold and his ilk, but may be forced to for financial reasons.

At least with Urbs they could crow about winning a head to head recruiting battle with tee yew...a few years removed.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, PTINS said:

Something wrong w/ the pic. Jimbo is 5 1/2' tall and he towers over most of the band. Is the band made up of 4'11" guys so they can march in a phone booth?

Stupid sip; the Fightin' Texas Aggie band executes halftime shows that are impossible, because two members have to occupy the same space at the same time, so they mitigate this issue by recruiting midgets.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:

No idea what Urban makes at Fox or what he's still being paid by jorts, but I could see aggy trying to money whip him if they come up with the scratch to shitcan Jimbo. I seriously don't know who they would go for now that their expectations are our in the sky high. They're too dumb to go after a coach like Leopold and his ilk, but may be forced to for financial reasons.

At least with Urbs they could crow about winning a head to head recruiting battle with tee yew...a few years removed.

I could actually see the A&M/Urban marriage. It will be a shitstorm for any self-aware fan base and program to hire Urban after the way things went down in Jacksonville. Of course A&M has no problem with being the laughing stock of college football.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 3

SEC-Country-OOH.jpg

youre-right-goddamn.gif

TIDAYVKBZL5U3WAPTPLA6GJ3NI.jpg

I never thought I'd warm up to Ewers, but goddamn what a turnaround from being a brat. Grown man and a goddamn Longhorn. Fuckin' A.
I don't think he was ever truly like the image he gave to the world early on. To me he just seems like a shy Texas kid that has skills that will take him further than his high school classmates.
  • Hook 'Em 9

I could actually see the A&M/Urban marriage. It will be a shitstorm for any self-aware fan base and program to hire Urban after the way things went down in Jacksonville. Of course A&M has no problem with being the laughing stock of college football.
It's easy for us to say coaches like Urban, Deion etc would never mesh with the culture in aggyland AND assume they would be smart enough to recognize that before signing on, but the truth is large sums of money can make just about anything tolerable to anyone.

Think about how many talking heads in the major MSM outlets look uncomfortable reading words written by someone else on a teleprompter, or taking a political slant that may match that of their corporate overlord but not their own. Then they think about how much more money they're making vs talking about the fish fry at the VFW hall of whatever podonk local affiliate station where they got their start and it's all good in the neighborhood.

47 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

After what happened at Jacksonville, even if this actually happened it wouldn’t have nearly the impact they would be hoping for.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

It's remarkable that so many of those Texags Aggies think they're just a cunt hair from being able to be America's red hot team.  They beat LSU last year. That's it. What makes them think they can roll into the Bama game on a streak? It could happen, but why would you expect that?

And that LSU win is looking a lit less impressive now...

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Movie gif. Actor James Franco as David in The Interview stands at a podium and delivers an international address. "Same" he says, while pointing. He waves his hand in front of his face and continues "But different..." before pointing again "But still same."

image.thumb.png.2530305864ef1b8d9ca88f8950dbdf35.png

Buyout numbers tend to lose meaning as they get thrown around, but for perspective I think the largest buyout ever paid to fire a coach was Gus Malzahn at $21.45M. Any sort of aggie rationalization about paying the buyout other than pure desperation and failure is just not faithful to reality. It's going to be a massive and debilitating expense. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Every aggy that I have to interact with, while at work, has acted as if the SEC logo was tattooed on their forehead. Now that they’ve lost that “differentiating” factor, they are at a loss. Remember the years of seeing online pictures of aggy vehicles even having the SEC conference logo prominently on their vehicles?

aggy has no more perceived advantage that they had for a decade, so they’re in a mental fog right now. A SEC logo, sticker or magnet, will never be on a vehicle of mine. F them all, we’re Texas!

Hook’em!!!

Does aggy still have those secsec billboards in Florida…and elsewhere?

On 9/12/2023 at 8:33 PM, Getafix said:

Remember this?  Lulz.

user generated

23 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Looks like he's doing some kind of Irish dance.

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I cannot unsee this now. It's awesome. I wish someone with the skills could take that and turn it into a gif with him dancing the jib or river dance or whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.f85e650dc77937503ce1e2fd0ea72318.png

How the fuck would you know?

I'd say they're qualified to know what isn't enough. I think the problem is they haven't given Jimbo enough money and #1 recruiting classes to work with. It will be scary when they spend more and get the SEC West division runner-up champion formula down.

23 minutes ago, Getafix said:

From a thread on who the next coach should be, here's a post.  (No, it's not facetious.)  The guy wants this committee to help make that decision.  (Who is Kuniak?  Gary Kubiak, I suppose?)

image.thumb.png.deb1863c5e194c4087dd7b28722fb1bd.png

Suggesting an all-time list of Aggie legends be paid to make a list of 4 coaches they think would be a good culture fit for College Station as well as can coach is one of the smarter things that we’ve ever seen posted by an ag.

Fortunately/Comically that means that it won’t be done.

15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Suggesting an all-time list of Aggie legends be paid to make a list of 4 coaches they think would be a good culture fit for College Station as well as can coach is one of the smarter things that we’ve ever seen posted by an ag.

I don't think JFF helping decide the next coach, would be a good thing for them.  And I suspect RC would have been part of the decision to bring Jimbo on board.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

What makes them think they can roll into the Bama game on a streak? It could happen, but why would you expect that?

Typically, just dumbassedness. But ULM, Barn, and Ark aren’t much of a murderers row this year.  Actually funnier that they fucked off Miami because they could have come in hot on Bama.  Aggyd it up, again.  Surprised face, I know. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Typically, just dumbassedness. But ULM, Barn, and Ark aren’t much of a murderers row this year.  Actually funnier that they fucked off Miami because they could have come in hot on Bama.  Aggyd it up, again.  Surprised face, I know. 

You're right about Auburn and Ark, I suppose, but who would look at A&M and not think the same thing? 

It's become a meme about A&M's tremendous top 5 talent that is just rarin' to manifest on the field any minute. They were given two touchdowns and the lead against Miami early on but aggyd up the fuck out of that. But, it's not like we're watching an obviously great and talented team being snakebit. We're watching a team with some very nice pieces playing like snakeshit because that seems to be all that they're capable of.

Until proven otherwise, they just flat-out suck as bad as any SEC team on their schedule. They are what their record says they are. 

For us, we win watching them no matter which way it goes. If they lose one or two more games before their game against an Alabama team their fans seem to take lightly because we beat them, we could witness an implosion more thorough than that of the Titan.

Or we could see the battered rollercoaster car start clickety-clacking upward again headed for the classic October derailment.

Should be fun either way. I don't think they get to Alabama without another loss. 

• Hook 'Em 1

What a moment Jimbo's arrival in B/CS was. That clip of his 28-inch Smurf legs striding past the ragtag band was straight out of Animal House. Of course, their "fill in the blank year" national title trophy sent it all even farther into the stratosphere of lameness. 

BTW, in case you're ever bored enough to look for more on that great moment in aggy history, I suggest you use search terms other than "Jimbo red carpet."

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Buyout numbers tend to lose meaning as they get thrown around, but for perspective I think the largest buyout ever paid to fire a coach was Gus Malzahn at $21.45M. Any sort of aggie rationalization about paying the buyout other than pure desperation and failure is just not faithful to reality. It's going to be a massive and debilitating expense. 

image.png

Add in staff buyouts and for the next two years you're looking at at least 35 million+ then add in new coach hire/staff You're looking at 50+ million spent in 1 year

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Uh, that would be the most amazing thing to witness and you’ve got it completely backwards. Most football coaches aren’t that smart, manzeil certainly isn’t smart, and you think they’d kick over a good coach? Manzeil’s only concept of success is his HS coach and Sumlin. RC was only successful because they cheated. Jimbo is already doing that, and NIL has removed that aspect. Those chumps would end up picking Dat Nguyen out of retirement from his chikfila empire. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

18 hours ago, 6th Street said:

As far as TCU, Chandler Morris is no Max Duggan who was a wizard at moving around in the pocket and either finding open receivers or taking off. Their defense looked super vulnerable against CU.

OU will be a dogfight - they have their QB Gabriel back and you have to think they're pissed about 49-0 after having a year to sit on it. 

BYU and KSU will probably hang around because they always play us tough 

If porcelain doll little person Chandler Morris is still playing by Nov 11 it will be a miracle. 3* RS Frosh Josh Hoover is the backup. https://247sports.com/player/josh-hoover-46093827/

7 hours ago, Getafix said:

From a thread on who the next coach should be, here's a post.  (No, it's not facetious.)  The guy wants this committee to help make that decision.  (Who is Kuniak?  Gary Kubiak, I suppose?)

image.thumb.png.deb1863c5e194c4087dd7b28722fb1bd.png

d91.gif

RC Slocum last coached in 2002, when he was fired (well, forced to resign) after spending basically 30 years at the school and having the second non-winning season of his 14 year head coaching career from 89 to 02. A&M then turned around and had 3 losing seasons in the next 6 years from 03 to 08)

Dan Campbell last coached in college...never. retired from the NFL 09, was an intern with the dolphins in 10.

Gary Kubiak last coached in college in, not kidding, 1993. he is currently a coach advisor for a team playing in Wroclaw, Poland.

JFF being part of a group that discusses hiring a coach? that's the best part.

that combination of dudes having anything to do with their next coach?

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread