Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

8 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I'd grab my phone and record it, and then post it to the internet, so everyone could laugh just as hard as me.

If I had nothing better to do, I might walk up to the merch, examine it as if to buy, then put it back but the right way.  Go to the next shirt or whatever and do that.  To see if the guy would double down and do it again.  But one round of that and I’d get bored. 

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The coffin thing, I struggle to process. 

The clothing thing, have any of us ever walked by aggie clothes in a store and thought “I’m going to do something to that merchandise”? When I’m in Dick’s or Academy or wherever and I see aggie merchandise, I simply think “not moving much aggie shit, same as it ever was.”

What would you do if you saw someone deliberately fucking up a store display of UT gear, besides laugh out loud?

image.thumb.jpeg.e08c778053336fbd58131918cb09a752.jpegThat was my reaction when i saw this.   Yes this is academy.  

• Haha 3

There are so, so many gold nuggets in that Texags drivel that I don't even know which ones to pick up first. While you see a few fairly sane folks in the thread, their logic is drowned out by the sheer lunacy spewed by others.

When we spank OU and a "weak" Bama squad wins at the tackle box, that should shut up the maroon whiners. But it won't. 

Edited by Gut Wagon
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

There are so, so many gold nuggets in that Texags drivel that I don't even know which ones to pick up first. While you see a few fairly sane folks in the thread, their logic is drowned out by the sheer lunacy spewed by others.

When we spank OU and a "weak" Bama squad wins at the tackle box, that should shut up the maroon whiners. But it won't. 

They'll just switch to the opposite end of the bipolar spectrum, demanding to fire jimbo, $77 million and all, and bring in Urban Meyer.

"So [the rollercoaster] goes" - Kurt Vonnegut

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

image.png.324be0c523de2eb8449e47acc0215256.png

This is beyond parody. It fits well with the funeral hijinx thread in showing just how insanely single-minded so many of them are. 

BmtAg96 seems to believe that just about the only thing pollsters are considering is where to rank A&M in regard to Texas. Each voter can clearly see the reasoning of Miami > OU and their win over Bama being worth more than ours. 

So what's the deal? It's laid out right there for them? 

Why? Why?

Oh, I'll tell you why:

image.png.3704c12020ed216c01bb416014236f59.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

23 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.324be0c523de2eb8449e47acc0215256.png

This is beyond parody. It fits well with the funeral hijinx thread in showing just how insanely single-minded so many of them are. 

BmtAg96 seems to believe that just about the only thing pollsters are considering is where to rank A&M in regard to Texas. Each voter can clearly see the reasoning of Miami > OU and their win over Bama being worth more than ours. 

So what's the deal? It's laid out right there for them? 

Why? Why?

Oh, I'll tell you why:

image.png.3704c12020ed216c01bb416014236f59.png

spacer.png

What I wouldn't give to play them this year. It would be a biblical ass kicking. 

• Hook 'Em 5

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The coffin thing, I struggle to process. 

The clothing thing, have any of us ever walked by aggie clothes in a store and thought “I’m going to do something to that merchandise”? When I’m in Dick’s or Academy or wherever and I see aggie merchandise, I simply think “not moving much aggie shit, same as it ever was.”

What would you do if you saw someone deliberately fucking up a store display of UT gear, besides laugh out loud?

Decades ago we were at Rooster Andrews store waiting in a long line to have an Oilers football card autographed by Earl, when I noticed someone had placed a “Cocks” cap next to the “Beavers” caps. Wife didn’t catch on until I explained it (quietly).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Rooster’s was the “go to” place when I was a child of the ‘70-‘80s. Living In Dallas, as a child, we went to Rooster’s every trip to Austin, whether it was FB season or not.

We started to see “UT gear” in the big box stores by the early ‘80s, but my Dad always said that we’d go to Rooster’s, as he had the “real” stuff and the rest was just copycats/fakes!

Hook’em!!!

Is that sue Patrick’s now?
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Of course, looking back, my Dad was slightly biased, as Rooster was part of the managerial staff when my Dad was playing in the early ‘60s.

I’ve stated on other threads, where, as a child, I wanted a #34 Campbell jersey in Burnt Orange. Both he and my Dad stated the he wore #20 with the Horns, but I was seeing Earl wearing 34 with the Oilers every Sunday. I won, so Rooster said give him about 10 min and it’ll be done!

I wish I still had that 34-Campbell jersey to this day! We’re talking 78-80 timeframe.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Rooster’s was the “go to” place when I was a child of the ‘70-‘80s. Living In Dallas, as a child, we went to Rooster’s every trip to Austin, whether it was FB season or not.

We started to see “UT gear” in the big box stores by the early ‘80s, but my Dad always said that we’d go to Rooster’s, as he had the “real” stuff and the rest was just copycats/fakes!

Hook’em!!!

Rooster’s was great store. I wish he had kept it going.

I met him at church once. Tremendously nice guy. We talked a bit and remembered my grandparents. They were all in school at the same time. Very cool. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Stilicho said:

How many aggy-owned funeral homes you reckon are out there? I'm sure there's not any weird shit going on in those establishments.

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This could take us a to a very dark place and I don't know if any of us want to go there with you. 

Oh, I definitely think they’d fuck a corpse. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Some aggy heads gonna explode even before kickoff. 

I met him at church once. Tremendously nice guy. We talked a bit and remembered my grandparents. They were all in school at the same time. Very cool. 

Rooster was great. I have a shitload of stories about that place but I’m sure there are others on here that have more.

Rooster would remember a name forever. He could meet you 1 time in Austin and see you / years later in Dallas and know your full name. It was amazing.

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Was it his nephew that used to post on Shaggy as RoostaMan? Doughy ginger piece of shit with an IQ of 9 who staunchly defended Greg Davis? 

• Hook 'Em 1