Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

PatriotAg02 with the perfect post.
Everyone in college football except aggy and Pate saw this outcome as soon as the ink was dry on that 2022 class.

Mind blowing to me that many of them are convinced they simply have to outbid any program that wants these guys as if that's the reason they're leaving
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

A few times this year I have thought about what this Michigan team would be like with Worthy on it. I did not approve. 
Never thought about it till now but it would be the ultimate karma ass bite if we happen to face Michigan and beat them...and X scores the winning TD.

Wasn't it simply an admissions paperwork fuck up or something like that?

8 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

20231219_221407.jpg

20231219_221409.jpg

20231219_221411.jpg

20231219_221412.jpg

lol at the poster shitting on USC as a landing spot because half of their team hit the portal…meanwhile the portal hasn’t taken anything from aTm right? The myopia is staggering. 

7 hours ago, ousux said:

Never thought about it till now but it would be the ultimate karma ass bite if we happen to face Michigan and beat them...and X scores the winning TD.

Wasn't it simply an admissions paperwork fuck up or something like that?

Michigan worried about the numbers. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well if the rumors about Melko are true...

You mean the one where he ate Collin Klein and that's why you can't see him in the photos that the two of them are tagged in? 

I have seen the rumors about him being a drinker as well, I would be too if I had to live in collieville.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Serious question - has Weigman's camp or the ATM United group announced his return? Things seem really, really quiet in that regard. 

Also, I am still fascinated by the scorching hawt takes that their roster is going to be really talented in 2024. They've lost a ton of talent over the last two cycles and they have not replenished it with quantity or quality. I hear people in the media still referencing talent as well. Eventually, someone is going to dig a little deeper and see what we've seen, right? I guess I hope not. I hope they open 2024 ranked, again, and then collapse.

I haven't seen anything formal about him coming back, just a lack of reporting that he is transferring.  As a parent, I cannot for the life of me imagine I would be OK with my son playing behind that OL for a 3rd season after the last two resulted in major injuries.  Frankly, I haven't heard much reporting on how his ankle is healing.  It was a serious injury and there are a lot of possible complications with that one.  You'd think we'd hear reporting on how he's recovering/etc by now.

Edited by JesusSweatDuck

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Serious question - has Weigman's camp or the ATM United group announced his return? Things seem really, really quiet in that regard. 

Also, I am still fascinated by the scorching hawt takes that their roster is going to be really talented in 2024. They've lost a ton of talent over the last two cycles and they have not replenished it with quantity or quality. I hear people in the media still referencing talent as well. Eventually, someone is going to dig a little deeper and see what we've seen, right? I guess I hope not. I hope they open 2024 ranked, again, and then collapse.

Yeah, their schedule has lots of winnable games, of course, because of their joke of a non-conference slate. But then again they lost to Appalachian State with the mercenary talent on the roster, they've lost a bunch of talented players whatever you think of their production, and their new offensive coordinator comes from a system that specializes in playing close games against tough teams but also close games against shitty teams. Not to mention the system using the QB like a battering ram with a QB who's had injury and concussion issues. Should be interesting.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Should be interesting.

If by “interesting” you mean “a probable complete, unmitigated disaster, culminating in a soul-crushing loss to a bunch of tea-sippers,” then I agree with you. And I’m here for it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm wondering if Weigman's injury and the uncertainty about his recovery has him without much of a transfer market right now.  I'd be shocked if he hasn't looked around, but there may not be any takers.  If you're looking for a portal QB do you want the uncertainty of filling a spot with a guy that may not be ready to play next year, or even beyond that?

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

12 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I haven't seen anything formal about him coming back, just a lack of reporting that he is transferring.  As a parent, I cannot for the life of me imagine I would be OK with my son playing behind that OL for a 3rd season after the last two resulted in major injuries.  Frankly, I haven't heard much reporting on how his ankle is healing.  It was a serious injury and there are a lot of possible complications with that one.  You'd think we'd hear reporting on how he's recovering/etc by now.

Wouldsnt Weigman be the prototypical example of a kid that is better off waiting to transfer in the late window anyway? Get some time to see what the new O will look like plus time to get healthy before he starts potentially looking around... Just sit back and see what happens between now and May. Biggest loss is him not getting the Spring install time and getting the playbook, but how many programs would overlook that at the last moment...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I'm wondering if Weigman's injury and the uncertainty about his recovery has him without much of a transfer market right now.  I'd be shocked if he hasn't looked around, but there may not be any takers.  If you're looking for a portal QB do you want the uncertainty of filling a spot with a guy that may not be ready to play next year, or even beyond that?

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

Wouldsnt Weigman be the prototypical example of a kid that is better off waiting to transfer in the late window anyway? Get some time to see what the new O will look like plus time to get healthy before he starts potentially looking around... Just sit back and see what happens between now and May. Biggest loss is him not getting the Spring install time and getting the playbook, but how many programs would overlook that at the last moment...

Being patient and waiting for the next window, if it should be needed, is a smart thing for a player to do in Weigman's situation. Good points. I guess I don't expect most of these guys to actually do the thoughtful thing with regard to team loyalties and the portal these days.