Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

41 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

Wow. Hotdogs, pizza, hamburgers and this crowd pleaser...

image.png.9357eb6053f0d5aa8e495414622c2819.png

I guess they are used to dipping their sausages in unusual places.

It sounds pretty good actually. I don't know about the wisdom of a bunch of dudes eating phallus shaped sausages in the stands at Kyle though. 

• Haha 3

I haven't watched an Arch game either but it's hilarious that so many people think they know better than the staffs of Alabama, UGA, Clemson, Ole Miss and Texas, all of whom have way more data points and made Arch their #1 QB target (plus I'm sure other schools who probably would've loved a chance). 

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have not watched one second of game clips for Manning. Not a nanosecond. It is highly entertaining to me that these dorks are tweaking out about Manning's ranking and overanalyzing his gameplay and competition. They really do hate us far more than they love themselves, and I'm grateful for that.

Same here on watching.  I find their preoccupation to be amusing.

21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I found out he only had 100 yards by reading screenshots of their posts right here just a bit ago.  Yeah, that’s not an impressive total.

And?  

Maybe he’s not the unanimous #1 player or even qb in the class?  

And?

oh-my-god-who-the-hell-cares-family-guy.

They just can't take the fact that they are getting skulldrug this cycle. They can't take the fact that Arch set off a recruiting momentum wave that has never really been seen for at least a decade. So now they are all trying to convince themselves that Arch sucks just so they can delude themselves into thinking that all of the guys in our class they wanted will flip back to them after we implode on the field against Kansas. They really need this. Let them microanalyze every step that Arch makes so they can tell themselves that we are going to suck for eternity with overrated recruits. And once none of that happens, and they fail once again to place higher than 4th in their own division, then it will make them hate us even more. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Btw Haynes king in 2020 at Longview:

Vs Tyler:  44% 110 yards (they won 42-0 so let’s not call it great competition)

Vs west Monroe: 44% 75 yards

Vs rockwall 50% 82 yards 

Vs mesquite: 50% 95 yards

so 4 games his senior season with similar numbers to arch’s first game. 

he only threw 10-20 passes in those games. So few passes at those comp% means low total yardage. 

were they using those numbers to talk down his ability in 2020?  Why no, they were mad that he lost his 5 star rating and dropped.  

were longhorns?  The ones that cared, yes.  But we aren’t, at least on here, deifying arch. Just think he’s a great prospect and enjoying the recruiting bump he’s bringing- an immediate dividend. 

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

They have an entire thread about OUR QB recruits highschool game stats. What a bunch of losers.

Where else are the going to repeat the same thing over and over and, each time, say it like it's a revelation? Parrot City.

I saw earlier they chastised some guy evidently for referring to us as Texas. Of course, the cultists demand that he speak only the dogma. The guy evidently made some sort of a reply where the dumbass persecutor in chief says something like, "Hey, dummy, don't you know that they originally called it Texas University?"

I don't care about the petty, self-castrating use of tu. It's the dishonesty about their pathetic petty tradition that bothers me. I mean, they have a code and everything that we all envy!

Texas has been called Texas University. My dad called it that as did many other people who were fans. Fine. It's common with state universities. 

Texas was not originally or ever named little t little u "because it's a Texas university not The University of Texas." Just own your stupid insistence on using tu without making some cowardly claim to make it sound normal. But, I guess that's how they handle all their rites. 

Why do you grap and squeeze your balls at football games? So we can share the players' pain. Always said as though the answer makes perfect sense, don't you get it

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

They just can't take the fact that they are getting skulldrug this cycle. They can't take the fact that Arch set off a recruiting momentum wave that has never really been seen for at least a decade. So now they are all trying to convince themselves that Arch sucks just so they can delude themselves into thinking that all of the guys in our class they wanted will flip back to them after we implode on the field against Kansas. They really need this. Let them microanalyze every step that Arch makes so they can tell themselves that we are going to suck for eternity with overrated recruits. And once none of that happens, and they fail once again to place higher than 4th in their own division, then it will make them hate us even more. 

What kills them is that people around the country want Texas to be good. It's the blue blood thing. They may not root for us ever, but they want Texas to be good.

Nobody feels that way about A&M. Nobody cares outside of the fake fans who "write" letters to Texags. If A&M had a magical season and actually did something like make the final championship game or even win it, they would attract fans that like underdogs.

If ten years went by and A&M never rose to that level again, nobody would be hoping they return to their place in the college football hierarchy. Why? Because they will have returned to their normal mediocre place in that hierarchy. It's where they belong.

• Hook 'Em 1

I work with aggy that is anywhere between 24 to retirement age. The ones under 35 are the “most delusional” of all aggy. SEC, SEC, $$$$, and tu!

The older aggy, even though they are aggy, actually know their place in the spectrum of sports. Most of them just shut up and let younger aggy take over the conversation and lets the “wrong” regurgitates what what told, aggy fish camp said so!

I even heard one say at lunch the other day, that it’ll eventually come down to like 28-32 big boys playing for the college football title soon. When I overheard that, I almost sprayed my table with the drink in my mouth and shut his young ass up, saying if it was that small of a sample size, aggy wouldn’t be invited!

Hook’em!

Wasn’t even two weeks ago, I was wearing my Rose Bowl ‘09 shirt, and was confronted by aggy at a gas station. I’d only worn it like three times (within the last 2 months), because it’d been in storage since the game, and even though we didn’t win, we at least played for the NC.

All this aggy could say was, “I guess y’all don’t know how to beat Bama?” I’m like WTF dude, check your facts, we’re like 7-1-1, going back to Bear Bryant! He shut up after that. We might be 7-2-1 after 9/10, but that’s why they play the game! You never know???

Hook’em!

2 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Wasn’t even two weeks ago, I was wearing my Rose Bowl ‘09 shirt, and was confronted by aggy at a gas station. I’d only worn it like three times (within the last 2 months), because it’d been in storage since the game, and even though we didn’t win, we at least played for the NC.

All this aggy could say was, “I guess y’all don’t know how to beat Bama?” I’m like WTF dude, check your facts, we’re like 7-1-1, going back to Bear Bryant! He shut up after that. We might be 7-2-1 after 9/10, but that’s why they play the game! You never know???

Hook’em!

Should have asked him how's it feel to be owned by Mike Leach.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

I haven't watched an Arch game either but it's hilarious that so many people think they know better than the staffs of Alabama, UGA, Clemson, Ole Miss and Texas, all of whom have way more data points and made Arch their #1 QB target (plus I'm sure other schools who probably would've loved a chance). 

If Arch had “committed” to aggy, they’d have a completely different set of adjectives for him…..it’s what they do.

Every year me and a bunch of my friends do a college football pick’em where we pick the major conference winners, bowl games, play-offs and eventual National Champions.We also put what we think will be the final record for everyone who has a team.  So we have Texas, A&M, OU, U of H, SFA and Baylor.  The 4 aggies have all picked them to go 11-1 and win the National championship.  The best they picked Texas was 6-6.  I literally laughed out loud. I told them Texas has a better chance to win the MNC than A&M.  We have a side bet on who wins more games.  This is fools gold with those guys. Talk about a delusional fan base

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

I work with aggy that is anywhere between 24 to retirement age. The ones under 35 are the “most delusional” of all aggy. SEC, SEC, $$$$, and tu!

The older aggy, even though they are aggy, actually know their place in the spectrum of sports. Most of them just shut up and let younger aggy take over the conversation and lets the “wrong” regurgitates what what told, aggy fish camp said so!

I even heard one say at lunch the other day, that it’ll eventually come down to like 28-32 big boys playing for the college football title soon. When I overheard that, I almost sprayed my table with the drink in my mouth and shut his young ass up, saying if it was that small of a sample size, aggy wouldn’t be invited!

Hook’em!

You need to visit this:

https://www.ziprecruiter.com

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Bahahaha. Squaring this with what they just said about Sark could be difficult for rational humans, but when your default state of mind is cognitive dissonance, this should be a breeze. 
Can’t wait to see the posts talking about why this is a genius move because Jimbo decided to do it in his own instead of Sark, who’s being controlled by the boosters. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread