Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

@Kyrie Eleison can correct me, if I'm wrong but LSU probably doesn't consider aggy in their top 5 rivals.  Off the top of my head, I'd say Ol Miss, Bama, Miss. St., Auburn and Florida are all above aggy as rivals.  

Some quick math; 

aggy wins 37% vs. LSU
aggy wins 31% vs. Texas

Texas wins 53% vs. OU
Texas wins 64% vs. aggy

Numbers don't lie, aggy has a better rivalry with LSU.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

@Kyrie Eleison can correct me, if I'm wrong but LSU probably doesn't consider aggy in their top 5 rivals.  Off the top of my head, I'd say Ol Miss, Bama, Miss. St., Auburn and Florida are all above aggy as rivals.  

No doubt. But they now know to view A&M as a team it's awful to lose to. It's worse than an upset by a much lowlier team than themselves because the Aggies, understandably due to lack of experience, are the worst temporary winners in the world. 

It's like a hatchling turtle that makes its way to the sea and celebrates it's superiority to a frigate bird too stuffed to eat another turtle. "I'm your rival! I'm your rival!" 

Sadly, they are a rival of ours, so the turtle celebration is even more pronounced.

spacer.png

Look at me! I'm an apex predator!

Frigate birds envy and fear me!

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

EDIT:  and Tulane

this is correct with one tweak...Miss St isn't on the list.  and historically Tulane would be but we don't play them now save maybe once in a blue moon so it's faded dramatically over time.  but the remaining teams listed were you to remove Miss St. would be exactly correct.

we just hate aggy regularly like everyone else.

• Hook 'Em 6

After living in SEC country, I came away with the idea that most of the rivalries in the SEC are manufactured or are legacy ones that have faded.  Tennessee/Kentucky was meh.  Tennessee-Florida and Tennessee-Alabama were also pretty meh.   Mizzou/Kansas was more intense.  Iowa/Iowa State is more passionate.  I am sure LSU hates aggy though. Even trash knows trash (bum fights!).

Edited by Nivek

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

After living in SEC country, I came away with the idea that most of the rivalries in the SEC are manufactured or are legacy ones that have faded.  Tennessee/Kentucky was meh.  Tennessee-Florida and Tennessee-Alabama were also pretty meh.   Mizzou/Kansas was more intense.  Iowa/Iowa State is more passionate.  I am sure LSU hates aggy though. Even trash knows trash (bum fights!).

Yeah, the in-state rivalries are ferocious, but the interstate ones don't have the same hate. Even the Cocktail Party is a pretty low-animosity affair.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

Having went to a number of the KU/MU games while living in KC, that is about one of the most hated rivalries I have ever seen anywhere.

It's like watching two handicapped people take all of their rage out on the other for their own condition. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Totally agree, I meant within the current SEC.

And yet, when we go places within the SEC, we are guaranteed to face the most heated hostile crowds of the year in a minimum of three venues. Arky, aggy, and OU. Plus LSU will be fired the fuck up, as will Bama at home. Damn it's good to be a gangsta. I can't wait. 

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

you're wrong on that.  LSU and Alabama is a blood feud, and the intensity is about to ramp up big time over the next few years.

we're the only two programs where actual goons play ball, and one side has had their goons organized for a while and the other...my side...hasn't.  that shit's changed now.  it'll take us a couple of years but it's coming.

20 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

you're wrong on that.  LSU and Alabama is a blood feud, and the intensity is about to ramp up big time over the next few years.

we're the only two programs where actual goons play ball, and one side has had their goons organized for a while and the other...my side...hasn't.  that shit's changed now.  it'll take us a couple of years but it's coming.

Georgia doesn't have goons? I mean what did you call the players at Florida under Urban Meyer (sans St. Teebus)?

5 hours ago, Nivek said:

After living in SEC country…

Mizzou/Kansas was more intense.

Iowa/Iowa State is more passionate….

See “I.” below

3 hours ago, kwood4408 said:

Having went  to a number of the KU/MU games while living in KC, that is about one of the most hated rivalries I have ever seen anywhere.

See “II.” below

2 hours ago, Focht Up said:

Having *gone*

See “II.” Below

I. My mother went to Mizzou and she was/is so annoyed that they left “The Big 6”* and now longer play Kansas that she doesn’t root for the Tigers anymore.

*She went to Mizzou during the Eisenhower administrations.

II. Having “kin” in Misery[sic], I can attest that their grammar sucks. 

After one family visit for Thanksgiving, or Christmas, or maybe a week to two during the summer, upon returning to Texas my mother informed us that we were not to correct our cousins’ grammar anymore when visiting Missouri.

The first cousins who were corrected the most was a cousin who was working at the Dairy Queen when she got pregnant at 16, married and became a mother at 17, and was divorced at 18.

She would get engaged again at 19, married at 20, and have her second child with Gino the garbage collector at 21. Sadly that marriage didn’t last. After Gino had won a $70K settlement from an on-the-job accident, she quit her job and their lives like royalty until somehow they blew through that $70K.

She would go on to become an assistant manager at a Pizza Hut in the next town because she wasn’t promoted in her local Pizza Hut. She would also marry three more times. She married for the 5th time to her true love at the age of 37.

Her brother would get kicked out of the Boy Scouts in 5th grade for burning a cross in a black kid’s yard, before living with his mom in an integrated blue-color suburb of KC with his African-American step-father.

After that he would go into the Marines for a while before leaving that and working at the Ford plant in KC on the assembly line. 

TL,DR…

Poor grammar from the KC area checks out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

With this southern gentleman?

There’s been a murduh in Savannah.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

See “II.” Below

I. My mother went to Mizzou and she was/is so annoyed that they left “The Big 6”* and now longer play Kansas that she doesn’t root for the Tigers anymore.
*She went to Mizzou during the Eisenhower administrations.

II. Having “kin” in Misery[sic], I can attest that their grammar sucks. 
After one family visit for Thanksgiving, or Christmas, or maybe a week to two during the summer, upon returning to Texas my mother informed us that we were not to correct our cousins’ grammar anymore when visiting Missouri.
The first cousins who were corrected the most was a cousin who was working at the Dairy Queen when she got pregnant at 16, married and became a mother at 17, and was divorced at 18.
She would get engaged again at 19, married at 20, and have her second child with Gino the garbage collector at 21. Sadly that marriage didn’t last. After Gino had won a $70K settlement from an on-the-job accident, she quit her job and their lives like royalty until somehow they blew through that $70K.
She would go on to become an assistant manager at a Pizza Hut in the next town because she wasn’t promoted in her local Pizza Hut. She would also marry three more times. She married for the 5th time to her true love at the age of 37.
Her brother would get kicked out of the Boy Scouts in 5th grade for burning a cross in a black kid’s yard, before living with his mom in an integrated blue-color suburb of KC with his African-American step-father.
After that he would go into the Marines for a while before leaving that and working at the Ford plant in KC on the assembly line. 
TL,DR…
Poor grammar from the KC area checks out!

Again my bad for erroneously typing went instead of gone while sitting at DFW waiting for a flight. FYI, I am not from Missouri, just lived there a few years after grad school.
  • Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Disagree on this one. That's a huge game for Bama. It's just that the Vols have sucked balls recently so it hasn't been a competitive rivalry. 

Remember this?

Oh, if you walked into the stores on Kingston Pike near campus, there were anti-Bama shit here and there.  But the reality on gameday was different.  I heard more shit talk about Texas, I had students grumble at me about my hat, or the emblem on the back of the car.   Other grad students who came from outside of Tennessee had stronger feelings against Texas as the seasons were changing.   This was during the Fulmer years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Oh, if you walked into the stores on Kingston Pike near campus, there were anti-Bama shit here and there.  But the reality on gameday was different.  I heard more shit talk about Texas, I had students grumble at me about my hat, or the emblem on the back of the car.   Other grad students who came from outside of Tennessee had stronger feelings against Texas as the seasons were changing.   This was during the Fulmer years. 

haters gonna hate GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

I wore my old Gus era Texas baseball cap to a game at Bryant denney in the late Shula era and some old guy said I had a lot of nerve to wear that hat in there. I could tell he thought it was T for Tennessee and said oh shit no it’s actually Texas. After a pause he said “that actually might be worse.”

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

Always forget you and I were in Knoxville at the same time.  @Nivek is right.  There is an extremely odd obsession with Texas in TN.  Until I moved to Knoxville, I never gave the Vols a single thought.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Would you say you don’t rebuild you just reload? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 8/29/2022 at 6:49 PM, RomaVicta said:

What kills them is that people around the country want Texas to be good. It's the blue blood thing. They may not root for us ever, but they want Texas to be good.

Nobody feels that way about A&M. Nobody cares outside of the fake fans who "write" letters to Texags. If A&M had a magical season and actually did something like make the final championship game or even win it, they would attract fans that like underdogs.

If ten years went by and A&M never rose to that level again, nobody would be hoping they return to their place in the college football hierarchy. Why? Because they will have returned to their normal mediocre place in that hierarchy. It's where they belong.

Aggy is never an underdog they are always this guy

BOPOPY46K5HKZN6SOS246M4IDI.jpg?_a=ATAK9f

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Would you say you don’t rebuild you just reload? 

This seems like a bit of a cheap shot. I mean, didn’t everyone in the country believe the Ogre was suddenly one of the best coaches of our generation and he was going to usher in a decade of LSU dominance? After all, everyone knew the 70 year old OC who had never had much success was the real brains and play calling genius behind the O, not some young, hot shot who came highly recommended from Sean Payton. And who  could’ve foreseen that losing burrow, Chase, Jefferson, CEH, and like 10 other draft picks would be a problem? Any college program could easily replace those guys. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

LSU might feel that way but you'll never be ahead of Auburn and Tenn in Alabama's mind

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, kwood4408 said:

Again my bad for erroneously typing went instead of gone while sitting at DFW waiting for a flight. FYI, I am not from Missouri, just lived there a few years after grad school.

I made a grammatical error as well because I was going to list two different examples in the same sentence and then pivoted  and wrote multiple paragraphs.

It happens. I blame the Missouri side of my family tree. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

This seems like a bit of a cheap shot. I mean, didn’t everyone in the country believe the Ogre was suddenly one of the best coaches of our generation and he was going to usher in a decade of LSU dominance? After all, everyone knew the 70 year old OC who had never had much success was the real brains and play calling genius behind the O, not some young, hot shot who came highly recommended from Sean Payton. And who  could’ve foreseen that losing burrow, Chase, Jefferson, CEH, and like 10 other draft picks would be a problem? Any college program could easily replace those guys. 

image.gif.190bf0ddb119c31038a9855e26fcf1d0.gif

image.gif.d0e98cdbcf68db29d2b9a427024a97ed.gif

lol ok.  

• Fuck You 8
  • Rage+1 3

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What does that game have to do with your laughably stupid takes touting Oregeron and Emsfingersminger while talking shit about Brady and telling all of us that there would be no let-downs in future seasons because your boy Ed O was so smart? 

Come on ctj, you know that in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

What does that game have to do with your laughably stupid takes touting Oregeron and Emsfingersminger while talking shit about Brady and telling all of us that there would be no let-downs in future seasons because your boy Ed O was so smart? You’ve never owned that because you are who you cheer for - a dirty piece of shit with no backbone. 

oh no no no…i was wrong.  period.  i never thought he’d quit on the job and just let it melt but he did.  and no amount of talent can overcome the fuck its of the HMIC.  

but the fact is the people who matter recognized it quickly and removed the cancer.  i’ll always be grateful for having the greatest season in college football history and there’s no denying this fact: in 20 years we’ve 3 NCs and played for another, and 3 of those 4 seasons were led by functional regards.  things were chaotic but there’s no denying they did maintain a culture of toughness…of goons.   that’s something we’re stuck with and I’m happy with that because now there’s discipline and accountability.   we’ll always have goons.  we want goons…the kids from NOLA, the river parishes, EBR, H-town, Monroe and whatnot.  they don’t raise goons at Lake Travis, Westlake, SLC and the north Dallas burbs.   i mean fuck…Chaisson and others helped themselves to your own fucking water and refreshments during pregame warmups in ‘19 and y’all just stood around and watched and didn’t do a goddamn thing about it.   

lol…fuck, son.

so we’ll be fine.  we’ll keep that part.  the rest will take a little time but i’m ok with that.   but we’ll never be house trained.   

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

What does that game have to do with your laughably stupid takes touting Oregeron and Emsfingersminger while talking shit about Brady and telling all of us that there would be no let-downs in future seasons because your boy Ed O was so smart? You’ve never owned that because you are who you cheer for - a dirty piece of shit with no backbone. 

This same pussy vanished last year too fair weather as fuck 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

oh no no no…i was wrong.  period.  i never thought he’d quit on the job and just let it melt but he did.  and no amount of talent can overcome the fuck its of the HMIC.  

but the fact is the people who matter recognized it quickly and removed the cancer.  i’ll always be grateful for having the greatest season in college football history and there’s no denying this fact: in 20 years we’ve 3 NCs and played for another, and 3 of those 4 seasons were led by functional regards.  things were chaotic but there’s no denying they did maintain a culture of toughness…of goons.   that’s something we’re stuck with and I’m happy with that because now there’s discipline and accountability.   we’ll always have goons.  we want goons…the kids from NOLA, the river parishes, EBR, H-town, Monroe and whatnot.  they don’t raise goons at Lake Travis, Westlake, SLC and the north Dallas burbs.   i mean fuck…Chaisson and others helped themselves to your own fucking water and refreshments during pregame warmups in ‘19 and y’all just stood around and watched and didn’t do a goddamn thing about it.   

lol…fuck, son.

so we’ll be fine.  we’ll keep that part.  the rest will take a little time but i’m ok with that.   but we’ll never be house trained.   

Drank the refreshments and then got the vapors from an allegedly super inhospitable locker room. Prototypical tough guy stuff.

How's the success rate on that weight room technology that gave LSU and Duke an insurmountable advantage over every other program in the country looking?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

On 9/2/2022 at 5:47 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Always forget you and I were in Knoxville at the same time.  @Nivek is right.  There is an extremely odd obsession with Texas in TN.  Until I moved to Knoxville, I never gave the Vols a single thought.

That was my rebuttal when they asked about what we said about them,  "Nothing, you don't matter."    It didn't make me a lot of friends there.  Though I was friendly with several of their players, even if they knew where my loyalties were.   I attended a few games while there, and shot the stadium with a paintball gun from the former geology building on the hill.   

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

but we’ll never be house trained.   

Is this why those goons had to resort to cheating/faking injuries the entire game?   And lie about the facilities afterwards?   I mean lying and cheating is your school's M.O.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

lol…fuck, son.

This is rationalizing gibberish, attempting to assert why you think your school’s team holds some version of superiority and it will always remain that way from here on out. Don’t worry, hoss, we’ll be playing on the regular soon enough. Meanwhile, you can remain grateful y’all got to skip 2020 and for Ingram having hands of stone in 2019. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i’ll always be grateful for having the greatest season in college football history and there’s no denying this fact: 

2005 was a better season than 2019 and VY was a better college QB than Burrow, there’s no denying these facts.  

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leanderman said:

"Is this why those goons had to resort to cheating/faking injuries the entire game?   And lie about the facilities afterwards?   I mean lying and cheating is your school's M.O.  "

What do you expect from folks with dead dog scoreboards?

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

• Haha 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread