Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

I thought Boutte was supposed to be good

They kept calling him an All-American, but they never mentioned “High School” or in what sport in college, so I never really understood why they were saying it. 

If he wants to become a college football All-American some day, he is going to have to transfer to a college with a passing QB.

On 9/2/2022 at 10:59 AM, kwood4408 said:

Having went to a number of the KU/MU games while living in KC, that is about one of the most hated rivalries I have ever seen anywhere.

Pretty sure this one goes back as far as the Kansas-Nebraska Act, Dred Scott and possibly Josey Whales.  The hate between these two States is palpable, still, and the 'real Kansas City,' sitting in Missouri, probable doesn't 'set well with family and sech' [/Written in my Netflix "Ozarks" Poppy Field owner's fake accent]

On 9/2/2022 at 8:43 AM, Kyrie Eleison said:

this is correct with one tweak...Miss St isn't on the list.  and historically Tulane would be but we don't play them now save maybe once in a blue moon so it's faded dramatically over time.  but the remaining teams listed were you to remove Miss St. would be exactly correct.

we just hate aggy regularly like everyone else.

You’ve played aggy more than you’ve played Auburn and that Florida rivalry is so manufactured it’s laughable.

LSU HEAD-TO-HEAD RECORDS

115 - Mississippi State 76-36-3
110 - Ole Miss 64-42-4
(Inactive) 98 - Tulane 69-22-7
86 - Alabama 26-55-5
68 - Florida 32-33-3
67 - Arkansas 42-23-2
60 - Texas A&M 35-22-3
58 - Kentucky 40-17-1
(Inactive) 56 - Rice 38-13-5
56 - Auburn 31-24-1
33 - Tennessee 10-20-3
32 - Vanderbilt 24-7-1
32 - Georgia 18-13-1
22 - South Carolina 19-2-1

(Future) 18 - Texas 8-9-1

(Future) 3 - Oklahoma 2-1-0
3 - Missouri 1-2-0

LSU may not want to admit it but they are rivals with aggy.  Even if aggy hadn’t joined the SEC a decade ago, they’d still be one of your most played games and ahead of long term SEC members like Georgia and Tennessee. I’m guessing that when the new permanent rivalries are established when we join the SEC, LSU will be playing aggy, Arkansas, and Ole Miss annually.

aggy’s SEC rivals in order are Texas, Arkansas, LSU, Oklahoma, Mizzou in that order.

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.84327016bf304f8ae1244111e644496f.png

Twice the interceptions and no passes to the tight end. Advantage Aggies. You can't argue with truth.

for what it's worth this is another interesting stat:

Ewers played 7 drives, which had 5 TDs/FGs (and 1 missed FG), 1 INT and 0 punts. His last drive ended at 9:41 of the 3rd quarter. also attempted 7 fewer passes and had a QBR of 72.4 vs King 49.9.

King played 10 drives, 4 TDs/FG, 1 missed FG, 2 INT and 3 punts. his last drive ended at 11:10 of the 4th quarter.

if you want to dig a little deeper, Texas had 5 offensive TDs all game (2 passing, 3 rushing) and A&M had 4 (3 passing 1 rushing.) Achane had 18 attempts for a 2.3 YPC, Robinson had 10 for 7.1.

the A&M passing game was also super buoyed by a 63 yard pass to Anias Smith and a 66 yard pass to Yulkeith Brown lol Texas longest pass was 25 yards to JTS.

really interested to see what FEI has to say about the offenses once it updates and excludes garbage time

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.84327016bf304f8ae1244111e644496f.png

Twice the interceptions and no passes to the tight end. Advantage Aggies. You can't argue with truth.

I was lucky enough to spend Saturday with a bunch of aggies.  I watched both games with them.  There's not a single aggy on the planet that would turn down a Ewers for King trade.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 1

Thanks, my friend. I didn't see any fun stuff like this on Texags regular boards.

They hold so many opposing opinions in their heads thinking all are true. They truly have brains like parrots exquisitely conditioned to blurt out the right phrase with the right stimulus.

Off season: Trust in Jimbo.

In season: Why won't Jimbo play Weigman? Jimbo needs to swallow his pride and get an OC. We're headed to 8-4!

Off season: Trust in Jimbo. Give him an extension.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Thanks, my friend. I didn't see any fun stuff like this on Texags regular boards.

They hold so many opposing opinions in their heads thinking all are true. They truly have brains like parrots exquisitely conditioned to blurt out the right phrase with the right stimulus.

Off season: Trust in Jimbo.

In season: Why won't Jimbo play Weigman? Jimbo needs to swallow his pride and get an OC. We're headed to 8-4!

Off season: Trust in Jimbo. Give him an extension.

Yes, Jimbo is a super rough tough genius badass, trust in jimbo, look how he made Jameis Winston a NC winning QB. Everyone is afraid of A&M and the only thing holding us back is the fact that all the powers that be are aligned against us but we're still gonna win as long as everyone squeezes harder

also Jimbo is gonna go 8-4 and is fucking up royally by playing the wrong QB, stop being a pussy and get the freshman in there pronto, we're shooting ourselves in the dick over here

time really is a flat circlejerk over there

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm as big a SHSU homer as someone can be - but those aggy's are fucking delusional.  Last year SHSU certainly could have beat some P5 teams - it would have taken their best game - but it would be conceivable.  SHSU lost their QB, RB, most dynamic WR, and replaced 4 of the 5 starters on their OL this off-season - the team that played aggy is a shell of it's previous season's self.  That team out there on Saturday isn't beating any P5's, G5's or any other kind of 5's.  ULM would have whooped SHSU's ass on Saturday if they had lined up across from each other.

*Didn't talk enough about just how awful that Georgia Tech transfer at QB was.  He was terrible.  Atrocious.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Fb0Qb8zWQAIGPP2?format=jpg&name=mediumFb0QceWXkAAwDuU?format=jpg&name=mediumFb0Qc3YX0AIKHFP?format=jpg&name=mediumFb0QdTMWIAE90bT?format=jpg&name=mediumFb0QfXrXoAA8Dgh?format=jpg&name=mediumFb0Qf9FX0AI16df?format=jpg&name=mediumFb0QgWUXkAM0fkd?format=jpg&name=mediumFb0Qg2nXgAIwF7i?format=jpg&name=medium

Just for clarity, SHSU has *not* played ULM, as far as I can tell, in at least 5 years, if ever. They didn't beat them 42-7 last year because, first of all, they didn't play them. That said, look at the upvotes for that post and then notice that people start accepting it as truth and then repeating it to make themselves feel better. Even for aggies, that shit is fucking stunning. Wow.

Edited by closetojumping
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Just for clarity, SHSU has played ULM, as far as I can tell, in at least 5 years, if ever. They didn't beat them 42-7 last year because, first of all, they didn't play them. That said, look at the upvotes for that post and then notice that people start accepting it as truth and then repeating it to make themselves feel better. Even for aggies, that shit is fucking stunning. Wow.

I too was curious here, Winspedia has ULM as being 6-2-0 vs SHSU.

• 2001 lost 20-9
  • 1996 won 34-31
  • 1993 won 48-10
  • 1992 won 38-10
  • 1991 lost 27-10
  • 1990 won 21-13
  • 1988 won 17-3

http://www.winsipedia.com/games/louisiana-monroe

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Just for clarity, SHSU has played ULM, as far as I can tell, in at least 5 years, if ever. They didn't beat them 42-7 last year because, first of all, they didn't play them. That said, look at the upvotes for that post and then notice that people start accepting it as truth and then repeating it to make themselves feel better. Even for aggies, that shit is fucking stunning. Wow.

Good lord - I didn't even notice that when I scanned through those screenshots.

SHSU last played ULM in 2001.  Sam won that game 20-9.   

Prior to that ULM was an FCS power known as Northeast Louisiana and SHSU was 1-5 against that school.

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread