Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I follow this thread and enjoy it, but I have never looked forward to screenshots like I am today from @texifornia and @Longhornfrenzy and anyone else with the access and time. The shit posted yesterday was glorious as a starter. 

LHF was on Twitter last night trying to keep up but they also kept nuking threads faster than they could be screenshot 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Gomers just need to squeeze their nuts harder next week to feel their teams pain.

I move that they squeeze them all week until they fall off. Do I hear a second?

They will be helping their team and purifying the breeding stock of this state: things they care deeply about.

2 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

What are the odds that King gets the full Calzada treatment this week, resulting in John King and, by extension, a decent chunk of the East Texas coaching community, turning (further) against them? 

It was an open secret during Hayne’s recruitment that John King didn’t like Jimbo. He wanted Haynes at LSU, but they weren’t interested. 

I’m not sure Jimbo can do to make things any worse. He’s given King every chance to play. He’s failed him in playcalling and development. 

Hale will be a good barometer. If he cancels his aggy official visit that could be an indicator of a strained King - Jimbo relationship. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Junior Bonner said:

Spot on… C6F82ECA-47C1-4852-8AA9-A965615E4358.jpeg.74304cfc460ea1262b5792231bf1a216.jpeg

I caught a clip of his post-game presser and this is exactly what it was like -- I mean, fucking spot on. LOL.

And then there's this clipped from one of the links above. Tell me you don't watch football without telling me you don't watch football. Defense was not aggy's biggest failing yesterday.

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 12.20.19 PM.png

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

What are the odds that King gets the full Calzada treatment this week, resulting in John King and, by extension, a decent chunk of the East Texas coaching community, turning (further) against them? 

this is likely the only reason King was named the starter. Jimbo made a deal with the devil. He got King to commit, but got the ultimate helicopter parent with legitimate pull. If he steps on Daddy King's shoes, recruiting takes a major step back, and thats quite literally the only bright spot under the Jimbo era this far.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I like how they think Bryce Foster is coming back…

What amazes me the most with their drivel is that none of them have yet broached the firing for cause - NIL NCAA line yet. We all know that if Miami goes the way we all think it will, that the pitchforks will be out, but none of them are willing to utter NCAA - for cause yet.

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

this is likely the only reason King was named the starter. Jimbo made a deal with the devil. He got King to commit, but got the ultimate helicopter parent with legitimate pull. If he steps on Daddy King's shoes, recruiting takes a major step back, and thats quite literally the only bright spot under the Jimbo era this far.

With Hale coming in next week and Daddy King and presumably other Lobo coaches he's got no choice but to stick with him. My prediction was he wouldn't make it past Arky but now he won't make it to that game as the starter. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

What amazes me the most with their drivel is that none of them have yet broached the firing for cause - NIL NCAA line yet. We all know that if Miami goes the way we all think it will, that the pitchforks will be out, but none of them are willing to utter NCAA - for cause yet.

Based on FSU exit they know Jimbo would go scorched earth and expose everything and get an immunity deal on the process because aggy 

12 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I think they'd rather go 5-7 for the next 8 years than publicly acknowledge that their historic #1 recruiting class, which remains the football program's greatest accomplishment in the modern era, was obtained through cheating.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I think they'd rather go 5-7 for the next 8 years than publicly acknowledge that their historic #1 recruiting class, which remains the football program's greatest accomplishment in the modern era, was obtained through cheating.

If they tank this season, half of those guys are out of there. Does it get so bad that Hill wavers? That would be amazeballs.

Edited by Vertigo

17 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Nah.  He is just not a great coach.  Jameis Winston covered up a lot of warts along with all that talent he had at FSU.  A great QB in college can make any coach look better.  Look what Lamar Jackson did for Charlie Strong and Watson.  

Maybe they replace Jimbo with Charlie for about.....oh tree-fiddy. 

They kind of have a point about an early season loss at home when you are breaking in a new quarter back and starting a bunch of freshmen on the O line, nice of Texags to explain why Texas lost a nail biter at home to the #1 team and hiesman winner. As for why #6 lost at home to a G5 while starting a redshirt sophomore IDK, they haven't made any compelling arguments about that one.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Like 1

It can't be overstated how far this sets them back since everything points to Jimbo being the problem... His offseason "tussle" with Saban only made things worse. Teams have so much ammo to recruit against Jimbo that all they have to offer really is money. Money that has to come from pissed off boosters who've already given more than their fare share.

• Hook 'Em 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread