Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

image.png.46eb997f8489dd82399a29619439e31a.png

"To be fair" Ken Scarborough from aggy class of 2012 wants everyone to know he's too stupid to know what a state university system is and that even in Texas where such name usage isn't as popular as in many other states, school's such as Sul Ross State, Stephen F Austin State, and Angelo State exist.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

"To be fair" Ken Scarborough from aggy class of 2012 wants everyone to know he's too stupid to know what a state university system is and that even in Texas where such name usage isn't as popular as in many other states, school's such as Sul Ross State, Stephen F Austin State, and Angelo State exist.

I mean, tarleton isn’t even a state, am I right fellow ags?  

i presume tarleton was added to their schedule the day they moved into d1. 

59 minutes ago, Chopper said:

They played Sam Houston State just last week.  Wonder if they told the same lame joke,

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Do they really hold these at midnight?  What old people stay up that late and what young people would enjoy the content? Or have nothing better to do on a Friday night?

I believe it starts around 11p then culminating around 12 or so.

Dude, after 8p in that town, you go to a bar and drink for a couple hours then your bored as shit. Then someone says, “hey, they are going to let people into the football stadium and we can hang out and cheer with the team.”

You’d go do that shit too! They can keep filling that town with strip malls and national chain restaurants, but there is no nightlife to speak of beyond power drinking on Northgate and playing grab ass with your buddies. If there isn’t some university based “event” going on,  that town is dead. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

they are really going to self combust while jimbo still having a 10 year guarantee left aren't they ? 

At some point, Jimbo might need to spend some of that money for personal protection.

I'm only half kidding that some aggie might actually try to kill him to avoid the payout.

Texas Cheers and Aggie Tears both bring a smile to my face.  But it's especially funny this year where the usual Aggie optimism from beating up the little sisters of the poor in September usually holds on until October. 

Most importantly I think A&M fans with half a brain see this weekend not unlike the way I do.  A changing of the guard, where the reality seems to be that the teams are going in opposite directions.  Before this weekend I think you could ask the average Aggie, and they would have been disappointed at a potential pairing in the Bowls with Texas.  Now the Idea of a Bowl playing against Texas would be something to be feared.  The worm has turned.

I also think that Texas seems so much more mentally tough this year.  Still time to screw things up, but the overall team play this weekend for the Horns was beyond even the greatest expectations of Texas fans. 

But in a Tip of the Hat to the Aggies, they are directly responsible for the very first GAMEDAY ever at Appalachian State. News that was made before the $1.5 million check cleared.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

Dude, they just played Sam Houston State University FFS

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's spreading:

Made all the more delicious by the offseason Texags predictions that this team was operating on a different level this summer. I recall seeing Luicci note that the "insiders" thought this team had the same mentality as Jimbo's championship team at FSU.

Now, two weeks into the season, we have this:

Wheels Falling Off GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread