Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

Fatheree was worth a flier on the OL because of his athleticism for a big guy and actually played reasonably well last year, but he's really regressed this year as has much of their OL.  He's also 6'8 which is a detriment going up against a strong bull rush that can get under you without the proper coaching.  I think losing that OL coach is devistating to their future prospects and while noticeable to many through 2 games is going to be really eveident after the next 3-4 games. 

Reuben should have stuck with basketball in all likelihood and Foster should have come to Texas and focused on shot put.  Instead he got that (sunflower) seed money. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

What’s fucking hilarious is this duplicitous premise:

2021: We would have made the playoffs if Haynes King had stayed healthy. 

2022: We would have made the playoffs if Jimbo played someone else besides Haynes King. 

That’s true aggie shit there. 

What’s also hilarious is that they’re pining for Johnson. This guy is a statue in the pocket and he was benched for performance last year. ATM has hot garbage on the OL and they’re about to face a legitimate P5 front seven. I realize that @bizzle wants to declaratively state that Fatheree is a future high draft pick, but the film doesn’t show that. Go watch clips of ATM in the first two weeks and I fucking challenge you not to cackle watching some of the Fatheree plays. It’s Christian Jones at LT bad, but for an enemy. 

They’re also pining for Weigman in the same way they were pining for King. Weigman is actually a better prospect. Problem is, he can’t be anywhere near where Fisher wants a QB to be in terms of understanding his ancient playbook. Further, Weigman has legitimate concussion issues and they apparently have been a concern at some point in fall camp. So, yeah, put that dude out there behind that line, I guess. 

the whole Weigman situation is one that potentially fixed two issues in one

they can't recruit shit for a QB for the 2023 class because they are scared off by Weigman playing as a true freshman!

58 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Fatheree was worth a flier on the OL because of his athleticism for a big guy and actually played reasonably well last year, but he's really regressed this year as has much of their OL.  He's also 6'8 which is a detriment going up against a strong bull rush that can get under you without the proper coaching.  I think losing that OL coach is devistating to their future prospects and while noticeable to many through 2 games is going to be really eveident after the next 3-4 games. 

Reuben should have stuck with basketball in all likelihood and Foster should have come to Texas and focused on shot put.  Instead he got that (sunflower) seed money. 

it's almost like going from a good coach to a shitty coach at OL impacts things.

16 hours ago, Harvdog said:

Billy is the king of deflection. Typical of a narcissistic ass clown.

Billy is the king of eating defecation.

That's how my tired eyes first read it and oddly each statement is true.

11 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

NIL? Leon’s a little slow. 

Ahem. Jimbo has been clear, there is not a dime of NIL involved in aggy recruiting.

image.png.9747248600776e243c6764430815ed77.png

When their football team shows no fight txags becomes literal message board warriors.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

FckEsZLXEAUKX9k?format=jpg&name=smallFckg59tWIAkwsaV?format=jpg&name=mediumFckg6jUXgAE6doS?format=jpg&name=mediumFckg7F9X0AUa5Ib?format=jpg&name=mediumFckg7yHXoAE1HKw?format=jpg&name=mediumFckg7rLXoAE5Sqb?format=jpg&name=mediumFckg8XzXEAEPTMB?format=jpg&name=mediumFckg84fWQAA8OYh?format=jpg&name=medium

We did have a massive transfer purge after things went sideways last year, if ya didn’t notice. The difference is Texas didn’t whip its dick out proclaim to the world they have arrived with 100 million dollar coaching contract and the #1 recruiting class and a #6 start. They have doubled down so many times they literally must hit that straight flush on the river because they can’t fold as all of their chips are on the table and they done nothing but bump the pot arrogantly against everyone at the table trying to bluff them out when there is trips on the flop.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Hook 'Em 2

We did have a massive transfer purge after things went sideways last year, if ya didn’t notice. The difference is Texas didn’t whip its dick out proclaim to the world they have arrived with 100 million dollar coaching contract and the #1 recruiting class and a #6 start. They have doubled down so many times they literally must hit that straight flush on the river because they can’t fold as all of their chips are on the table and they done nothing but bump the pot arrogantly against everyone at the table trying to bluff them out when there is trips on the flop.

I think that purge was more of Sark and co pushing toxic players out of the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If King and Johnson are getting even reps then Jimbo will be starting king as he's always looked better in practice. Johnson will come in when King struggles.

Problem for aggy fans is going to be the boos they give King and cheers they give Johnson only for Johnson to tweak an ankle and King to have to play again.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Not sure we lost anybody that mattered. Their issue will be losing the people they need to keep around like Marshall and the d line commits. If it really implodes I see a scenario where Weigman bounces or goes to play baseball and they end up with Max Johnson as QB1 next year. 

On 9/12/2022 at 11:23 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

There I was minding my own business reading aggy screenshots and one of them goes and says to grow a pear, so now I’m dead. 

Sorry you're dead. You missed the jizz jar post.

I'm just getting caught up on this glorious thread. I'm pretty sure this has been discussed many, many times.

Thanks to everyone for the aggy douchery.

50 minutes ago, texifornia said:

When aggy boosters sit around chatting about funding Jimbo's buyout, do you think any of them brings up Bobby Bonilla and suggests paying him $5MM/yr for the next 20 years?

I think Charlie Weis has the record for largest buyout ever, if you combine his KU and ND buyouts. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Are they live streaming yell practice or whatever that horrendous comedy hour is?

I love how one of that aggie’s reasons for yell practice actually being cool is that the freshmen are known to kiss their dates. Like kissing a girl is some rare and celebrated feat as a freshman in college.

3 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

I love how one of that aggie’s reasons for yell practice actually being cool is that the freshmen are known to kiss their dates. Like kissing a girl is some rare and celebrated feat as a freshman in college.

I honestly didn't know that...lol

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

The full aggy text from Stewart Mandel's Mailbag in The Athletic:

Spoiler

Jimbo Fisher has a worse record after 50 games (35-15) than Kevin Sumlin (36-14). What does Fisher need to do at Texas A&M to prevent his seat turning hot? — Ron E.

Unless a few Aggies boosters have around $85 million in liquid assets they can live without, Fisher’s seat is going to remain ice cold for many more years. Just last year, A&M took his original 10-year, $75 million contract from 2018, added an extra four years to take it through 2031 and upped the annual average salary to $9.5 million starting in 2022.

The entire contract is fully guaranteed. So were A&M to fire him after this season (it won’t), he still would be owed nine more years of salary. No program in college football history has tethered itself so tightly to a coach who has yet to deliver even a division championship. But that doesn’t mean his time there will be pleasant if the Aggies continue to move backward since peaking at 9-1 in 2021.

Should we fail to see improvement this week against Miami, then the most immediate change Fisher could make is at quarterback. Haynes King must have won the job for a reason, but the main guy he beat out, LSU transfer Max Johnson, has more game experience and was last seen throwing for 306 yards and three TDs against Fisher’s team in the Tigers’ 27-24 win late last season. And then there’s Conner Weigman, A&M’s five-star signee, although who’s to say whether he’s far enough along to be productive?

But it’s simplistic to look at this just as a quarterback issue. Nearly 50 percent of A&M’s rushing attempts last week went for zero yards or a loss, despite one of the sport’s most explosive runners, Devon Achane, now the Aggies’ primary back. Meanwhile, King attempted just six passes of 10-plus yards, completing one. It’s hard to say how much of that was play-calling and how much was a response to the Mountaineers’ defense (App State blitzed just 4.2 percent of the time), but it certainly suggests he was adhering to a highly conservative game plan.

If the offense doesn’t demonstrably improve during the next 10 games, Fisher should at least relinquish play-calling duties to his offensive coordinator. More radically, he’ll need to contemplate whether his larger offensive philosophy, which skews more conservative and more laborious than most, needs to be blown up entirely. In other words: He’ll need to fire himself on offense.

But of course, there are absolutely zero repercussions if he stubbornly adhered to the status quo. If so, A&M and Iowa fans may have to start a support group.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

If King and Johnson are getting even reps then Jimbo will be starting king as he's always looked better in practice. Johnson will come in when King struggles.

Problem for aggy fans is going to be the boos they give King and cheers they give Johnson only for Johnson to tweak an ankle and King to have to play again.

The Aggies have taken the common love affair for QB2 to an absurd level of certainty. There is some reason Fisher wants King starting. At this point, there can be little doubt that he thinks King gives the Aggies the best chance to win.

Last spring, all three QBs sucked in the spring game. All summer it was a tight competition. What does this tell you? They. All. Suck.

Weigman may be their future, who knows? Right now, he is apparently not an option.

The absurd level of certainty I mention has to do with the belief that a huge difference will come with a replacement. It won't. They're fucked.

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Sounds like a tradition Baylor would have supported.

27 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The Aggies have taken the common love affair for QB2 to an absurd level of certainty. There is some reason Fisher wants King starting. At this point, there can be little doubt that he thinks King gives the Aggies the best chance to win.

Last spring, all three QBs sucked in the spring game. All summer it was a tight competition. What does this tell you? They. All. Suck.

Weigman may be their future, who knows? Right now, he is apparently not an option.

The absurd level of certainty I mention has to do with the belief that a huge difference will come with a replacement. It won't. They're fucked.

spacer.png

well here's the hoping that there's both a good reason king is still QB1, and that Jimbo also decides to throw a worse QB on the field against miami to get them even further behind schedule 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

I love how one of that aggie’s reasons for yell practice actually being cool is that the freshmen are known to kiss their dates.

A tradition that started when they were an all boys school. 

Edited by Deej
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Deej said:

A tradition that started when they where an all boys school. 

My dad and uncles always told me when I was younger that ATM was a place where parents sent their boys if they weren't quite "right" as it pertained to being interested in the ladies. The aggie regime was allegedly proud of "straightening the boys out" and sending them back into the world. I've never researched it, so I don't know if it is even vaguely true, but it's always made sense to me, due to how things were handled back in the day. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sal said:

How can Aggies know so little about the only industry they work in?

You forgot the insurance field. But it works there too, since they fail to insure themselves against bad contract after bad contract. Most folks, particularly in the media, seem to have forgotten that the way they structured Sumlin's last contract (after extending him way early) required them to cut a 36 or so million dollar check within 60 days of firing him. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You forgot the insurance field. But it works there too, since they fail to insure themselves against bad contract after bad contract. Most folks, particularly in the media, seem to have forgotten that the way they structured Sumlin's last contract (after extending him way early) required them to cut a 36 or so million dollar check within 60 days of firing him.

we shit on the Jimbo contract, but this is absolutely the most incredible clause in a coaching contract I ever heard of. FULL BUYOUT within 60 days of termination is insanity.

his agent was worth every single penny. guarantee you they don't have that clause in Jimbo's current contract.

10 minutes ago, NoName said:

we shit on the Jimbo contract, but this is absolutely the most incredible clause in a coaching contract I ever heard of. FULL BUYOUT within 60 days of termination is insanity.

his agent was worth every single penny. guarantee you they don't have that clause in Jimbo's current contract.

Lol. Probably not. But their answer to that lesson wasn't to figure out better contract language, it was to just eliminate the buyout clause paragraphs entirely. It's unbelievable. 

If that dynamic were reversed for an individual, it would look like this:
"You know, the way I got fired for cause last time really fucked me over. This time, I'll make sure my contract just says I can be fired without cause without any penalty." 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Love when serious sportswriters from major media outlets casually suggest things can improve if Jimbo were to simply turn over play calling to someone else on staff.

Yeah, maybe Shawn Watson's scheme would've worked too as long as someone else was calling the plays.

I don't know, Craig's QB drills are impressive enough that I really think he should be given a shot at calling plays.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

We’re also forgetting used car salesman. I’ve heard jobs at Sewell make up the majority of the Mays job board.

Edited by Sal
  • Haha 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread