Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

I mean their coach notoriously runs his RBs into the ground during college. Texas has a great RB room, and Bijan gets his touches in the passing game as well. I am sure Bijan appreciates that his position room is full of guys that can help take the load off of him. While at aggy, there is a pretty large drop-off from Achane to the rest of that room.

27 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

VY merely great. Fuck you.

This is from people who believe that Johnny #thatbloouttho is the greatest to ever touch the ball, so take it with a grain of salt. 

I watch pretty much every ag game that doesn’t conflict with ours.  I’ve still yet to understand why Jimbos offense is “so complex NFL QBs can’t figure it out”.  At some point your offense is just a piece of shit. 

also, lol at Bijan being average or whatever that douche is trying to say. I guess I can understand when during you’re entire existence, big bro constantly has bigger names.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Yesh said:

Their reaction is going to be a combination of "that is ridiculous, they must be desperate" and "no big deal, our visits are better and we probably spend more anyways" simultaneously.

On rant, they quickly figured out we are 13th spending, and they are too 5 or 6.  Then they figure out they are being outspent by Ark.   Pretty funny turnaround on the attitude from top of thread to bottom.  Idiots. The lot of them. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

If any one of those dipshits bothered to read the article, and not just the headline, those totals don't seem that outlandish in the context of what the big programs spend.  We were behind.

The $630,000 total on two weekend visits shows how much Texas has invested in recruiting compared to recent years.  Athletic Director U and INFLCR published NCAA financial reports that showed Texas spent $1,275,368 on recruiting for the 2019 fiscal year. That was the 13th most spent on recruiting that year, which was led by Georgia at $3,676,858.

The Bulldogs spent $2.7 million on recruiting in 2020, which was affected by recruiting restrictions spurred by the COVID-19 pandemic.

The increase in recruiting spending is not unusual to see, as the Orlando Sentinel reported in July that the University of Florida Athletic Association increased its football spending by $4.72 million recently, with $700,000 added to the recruiting budget. That was a 55% increase that gave new coach Billy Napier close to a $2 million budget for recruiting and does not include Napier's access to two private jets with a budget of $839,000, according to the report.

• Hook 'Em 1

What are these idiots blathering about? Why do they even care? Is it because they rent out the pool for the pool party for $250 and a keg of beer?

Some of the projecting is absolutely fascinating. Bijan is overrated but would be good on another team. Johntay Cook is not good. We spent so much on Arch because we were scared of losing blue blood status. All just great great stuff. 

I doubt the total sum spent on OV stuff is  any different than that of other programs that give a shit about football, especially if you adjust for local market pricing. 

but apparently nobody cares about aggy enough to file foia related to these expenses. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

This is a great moment to own any restaurant or hotel in College Station. All you have to do is pitch this idea to the idiots at A&M:

"See, we might be rated 2 stars but nobody will notice that. All you have to do is spend $300,000 here in a weekend on recruiting official visits. Then get your lackey Brent Zwerneman to file an FOIA request for documents and receipts from that weekend and he'll write a story about how A&M spends more than Texas because they're the real big money program. But they have to be real receipts so there's an ironclad paper trail. Those 'sips will never know what hit them."

Easy. Fucking. Money.

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

If any one of those dipshits bothered to read the article, and not just the headline, those totals don't seem that outlandish in the context of what the big programs spend.  We were behind.

The $630,000 total on two weekend visits shows how much Texas has invested in recruiting compared to recent years.  Athletic Director U and INFLCR published NCAA financial reports that showed Texas spent $1,275,368 on recruiting for the 2019 fiscal year. That was the 13th most spent on recruiting that year, which was led by Georgia at $3,676,858.

To illustrate your point using a chart from the article:

image.png.f80b51d24d34a8a2d3784c0b540cd75a.png

So this constitutes Texas boasting of how much we spend which should actually be shameful because of what it says about our desperation! 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

To illustrate your point using a chart from the article:

image.png.f80b51d24d34a8a2d3784c0b540cd75a.png

So this constitutes Texas boasting of how much we spend which should actually be shameful because of what it says about our desperation! 

*spending figures do not include bag money or Fisher's cuckolding budget.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I doubt the total sum spent on OV stuff is  any different than that of other programs that give a shit about football, especially if you adjust for local market pricing. 

but apparently nobody cares about aggy enough to file foia related to these expenses. 

I mean, they typically are about 50/50 to actually responding to FOIA requests anyway. 

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread