Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

"inexperienced players being asked to carry the load..."

Whose fault is that again?  Injuries are part of the game.  You've got to recruit and develop depth.  That's on the head coach, especially in year 4.

100% correct, what's baffling is the coaches, players, and fan base were basically all in agreement that this would be the year they unseat saban and bama. If they just shut the fuck up then no one is even criticizing their record right now lol. They finished last year ranked 4th and that should be their shining moment but nooooo, aggy gonna aggy. New QB and three new OL starters in an archaic complicated offense....fuck it....we're winning the west this year. Sips are the problem in Texas though haha. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Saw an article today that listed Jimbo as 1 of 3 likely candidates should (when) the LSU job opens because of his ties to the AD.

Couldn't figure out why in the world LSU would make a run at him, and even more confused given the fact that he's got $90M+ guaranteed at A&M.  LSU couldn't come close to matching that, and why would Jimbo leave for less?  That contract is just an absolute thing of beauty.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

Saw an article today that listed Jimbo as 1 of 3 likely candidates should (when) the LSU job opens because of his ties to the AD.

Couldn't figure out why in the world LSU would make a run at him, and even more confused given the fact that he's got $90M+ guaranteed at A&M.  LSU couldn't come close to matching that, and why would Jimbo leave for less?  That contract is just an absolute thing of beauty.

Way back when Jimbo was first hired, Randy Duke mentioned on more than one occasion, "Jimbo Fisher to the aggies will end up being hilarious for everyone but the aggies".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

"inexperienced players being asked to carry the load..."

Whose fault is that again?  Injuries are part of the game.  You've got to recruit and develop depth.  That's on the head coach, especially in year 4.

And with Jimbo's Florida State track record, I for one, am shocked that Jimbo would neglect large parts of his job while counting stacks of money.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

They're all still "backing Jimbo" b/c they have zero fucking choice.  aggy gonna aggy

No, there are no issues with the reliability or quality of my ridiculously expensive car.  Did you not hear the words "ridiculously expensive?"  That means there are no issues.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

And that was exactly the point of it - make it impossible for him to leave no matter who wants him to go - or who wants to take him.

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

They're all still "backing Jimbo" b/c they have zero fucking choice.  aggy gonna aggy

This is what is getting more and more funny to me.  Anyone even remotely questioning St. Jimbo always presents some sort of "but I'm still 100% behind Jimbo" or "Jimbo will not doubt figure it out, but" so as not to be crucified by the masses or billy boy himself.  With each game, Jimbo looks more and more Chizik, but they fail to see it.  Outstanding.  

7 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

5 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

And that was exactly the point of it - make it impossible for him to leave no matter who wants him to go - or who wants to take him.

I would leave College Station for less if I thought I could win a "natty" in the new place. Jimbo is 55. This year pretty much proves he won't win one at A&M. How much longer will he coach?

If LSU is stupid enough to offer him $6MM per year, he gets to go to LSU and have another go of using the new coach smell to recruit a state whose players all want to go to LSU. And they play great football there.

Jimbo doesn't feel any loyalty to anyone. What's best for Jimbo professionally? Beating Saban and getting to the top one more time. 

With millions in the bank and millions coming in, money would be less of factor in my choices.

It's moot anyway. LSU won't try to hire and the Aggies will gloat that they're so fucking rich that they can afford $10 million a year for a 2 loss season occasionally until Texas and OU show up.

Edited by RomaVicta
Possibility of being an idiot.

23 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I would leave College Station for less if I thought I could win a "natty" in the new place. Jimbo is 55. This year pretty much proves he won't win one at A&M. How much longer will he coach?

If LSU is stupid enough to offer him $6MM per year, he gets to go to LSU and have another go of using the new coach smell to recruit a state whose players all want to go to LSU. And they play great football there.

Jimbo doesn't feel any loyalty to anyone. What's best for Jimbo professionally? Beating Saban and getting to the top one more time. 

With millions in the bank and millions coming in, money would be less of factor in my choices.

It's moot anyway. LSU won't try to hire and the Aggies will gloat that they're so fucking rich that they can afford $10 million a year for a 2 loss season every year until Texas and OU show up.

2 loss??? Come on man...

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

More Brenen Thompson isn't good talk and Noah Thomas is better.

10643161.jpeg

Gotta love the aggy that just regurgitates old talking points about a guy with track speed without watching any film of said kid.  If that Chris Marshall is dumb enough to go there after what has happened to Wright and Demas he probably won’t be picking up that route tree much like them and will be transferring out sooner than later.

Edited by Dondrysdale1

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It's moot anyway. LSU won't try to hire and the Aggies will gloat that they're so fucking rich that they can afford $10 million a year for a 2 loss season occasionally until Texas and OU show up.

The negative recruiting against aggy would be epic.  No one takes less $$ to go to a in-conference/division rival.  Nobody.  It would be a huge sign of disrespect. 

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Jimbo ain't leaving aggy for LSU. Jesus. It's just like Elko is leaving next year for a HC position. Rinse, wash, repeat. Dude doesn't even have to be less than 4th in their DIVISION and he gets an extention. Give me a break about him leaving. 

Who are you addressing? I don't see anyone believing LSU will even want him.

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Jimbo ain't leaving aggy for LSU. Jesus. It's just like Elko is leaving next year for a HC position. Rinse, wash, repeat. Dude doesn't even have to be less than 4th in their DIVISION and he gets an extention. Give me a break about him leaving. 

After these past few weeks and Jimbo completely shitting on Elko publicly I could see him actually leaving. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

After these past few weeks and Jimbo completely shitting on Elko publicly I could see him actually leaving. 
Plus doesn't he lose a lot this year? Not jumping this year could mean another 2-3 years stuck with Jimbo.

If I recall correctly Jimbo had a lot of staff turnover early based mostly on being an asshole to work with.

Elko has to be watching that offense now and realizing last year was the best they're going to achieve. No reason to stick around now.

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread