2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

If they truly are neck and neck I say go with Casey.  His mobility advantage might be a bigger factor than Cards arm advantage early in the season.  I think you can’t discount the lower likelihood that Card might transfer if he’s not the guy on day one. 
But mainly I’d make Casey proves he’s not the guy we saw against Colorado before someone takes his position as QB1. 
No matter what happens I’d let the back up play early and often until it’s clear who has “it.”  Hopefully Sark isn’t going to turtle us into unnecessarily close games so that we don’t have to white knuckle it with the starter until there’s only :45 seconds of garbage time for the backup  

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Player's dad told me he thinks Thompson has "won" the QB battle bc they basically have to pick someone.This guy doesnt think there was going to be a real winner, and says he expects a clear step up in QB play from last year. This guy's son has seen every rep they have taken and doesnt know who he would pick. Sounds very promising. 

• Hook 'Em 7

18 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

If they truly are neck and neck I say go with Casey.  His mobility advantage might be a bigger factor than Cards arm advantage early in the season.  I think you can’t discount the lower likelihood that Card might transfer if he’s not the guy on day one. 
But mainly I’d make Casey proves he’s not the guy we saw against Colorado before someone takes his position as QB1. 
No matter what happens I’d let the back up play early and often until it’s clear who has “it.”  Hopefully Sark isn’t going to turtle us into unnecessarily close games so that we don’t have to white knuckle it with the starter until there’s only :45 seconds of garbage time for the backup  

Arm talent > mobility in this offense. If it’s truly that close go with the one with more potential. 

also I watched Card play receiver for LT vs Judson and he was the 3-5 best athlete on the field that day that included Garrett Wilson, Sincere McCormick, and othees

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I’d bet card is quite a bit faster than casey

On 8/7/2021 at 9:45 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

So Tom gave out participation ribbon, cheap trophies made in  China and 25 cent bubble gum machine championship rings?   

IS this Brian's way of suggesting we were soft during the  Herman era?   Should have said something about it back then Brian.. Glad he finally noticed after the fact.

Edited by Nueces River Rat

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
2 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:
He ran the shit outta QB power even after they knew to expect it, and shut it down consistently 

The "we know our plays have known tells but we're going to run it right down their throat anyway" attitude explains almost every head scratching thing that Herman did, and why he was fired.

"Heads or tails, Mr. Bradley?"

"It don't make a shit." 

• Hook 'Em 1

Player's dad told me he thinks Thompson has "won" the QB battle bc they basically have to pick someone.This guy doesnt think there was going to be a real winner, and says he expects a clear step up in QB play from last year. This guy's son has seen every rep they have taken and doesnt know who he would pick. Sounds very promising. 

This is the kind of kool aid I read the football board for
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 8/6/2021 at 7:45 PM, wood said:

And for watching Texas Baseball home games when I couldn't get out to the Disch. Still happy to make the move tho ...

Speaking of baseball home games.  How does that work in the sec.  ESPN+ or are we at the will of who they decide to show that week. I sure love my ability to watch the games from Oregon. 

It seems like we've heard that Casey is faster but both are athletic, while Card has the stronger / more natural arm. And that Sark's offense prioritizes arm talent over mobility.

With that said, it ultimately will come down to who is making better decisions, quicker progressions, and accurate throws. I won't pretend to know the answer to that, only the coaches/players have seen them. 

It seems like we've heard that Casey is faster but both are athletic, while Card has the stronger / more natural arm. And that Sark's offense prioritizes arm talent over mobility.
With that said, it ultimately will come down to who is making better decisions, quicker progressions, and accurate throws. I won't pretend to know the answer to that, only the coaches/players have seen them. 
Sark's track record as both a QB and developer of QBs is pretty damn solid.

My guess is that there are parts of this evaluation that only he'll really know/understand, and that whoever he picks will give us our best chance to win.

After our last two coaches, I'm far from a "trust the coaches" mindset on most things until they prove it, but specifically with Sark and quarterbacks I think we're in good hands.
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Nope said:

This is a great look at why Card is a more natural thrower.

You can tell Casey is jerking through motion to put more velocity on the ball: shoulders over-rotate, side bends his body into the throw, brings his right leg through his rotation late and unnaturally. This is all trying to overcome his lack fluid release through his elbow/wrist snap.

Contrast with Card whose body/rotation is synced with his hips. Great elbow extension and wrist snap to release the ball. Looks pretty effortless.

Ironically, Casey motion actually looks "faster" but you can tell that less velocity is transferring through the ball. He's swinging too hard at the golf ball. Casey doesn't look bad by any means, but when put side-by-side with Card, it is noticeable. 

If Aaron Rodgers's motionless wrist-flick motion is the ideal, Card is a lot closer to that. 

1 hour ago, CastHorn said:

Might be the worst take ever. Vince was graceful as fuck. He was art in motion. 

True, but he always juked right in the open field. I cant believe nobody figured that out until he got to the nfl. PS. Fuck you Jeff Fisher!

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, Askew said:

This is a great look at why Card is a more natural thrower.

You can tell Casey is jerking through motion to put more velocity on the ball: shoulders over-rotate, side bends his body into the throw, brings his right leg through his rotation late and unnaturally. This is all trying to overcome his lack fluid release through his elbow/wrist snap.

Contrast with Card whose body/rotation is synced with his hips. Great elbow extension and wrist snap to release the ball. Looks pretty effortless.

Ironically, Casey motion actually looks "faster" but you can tell that less velocity is transferring through the ball. He's swinging too hard at the golf ball. Casey doesn't look bad by any means, but when put side-by-side with Card, it is noticeable. 

If Aaron Rodgers's motionless wrist-flick motion is the ideal, Card is a lot closer to that. 

Maybe they weren’t making the same throw, Mr. Card? 

• Haha 3