Surly Horns Burnt Ends NIL Program- How YOU can help Texas with the NIL right now!

RGBIII

7 hours ago, immamac said:

Final Tally for today:

107/150 for 10/mo or 120/yr (+21)

50/150 for 25/mo or 300/yr (+28)

34/50 for 50/mo or 600/yr (+17)

4,020/mo - hell yeah. 

66 new signups today. Another day like today and we are cruising to sustainability.

car sliding GIF

35/50 🤘

• Hook 'Em 7

14 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Snap! That is kind of like at the watermelon thump where you bid for a kid's watermelon but it is really to fund the FFA scholly fund. Some melons went for $2000 to $5000.

Could we do an auction for the most productive TE of the group? That kid, by his performance metrics wins the right to have his jersey auctioned and takes a bigger cut of that bidding or all of that proceeds.  And some lucky sob gets the autographed jersey to frame for their wall. That would be  fucking sweet. Someday, that kid will be NFL bound and that asshole has his Horns jersey. Or the kid will win best TE in college award and will be at an event to snap a pic with us in a  burnt fucking ends tshirt holding that trophy. 

i don't think anything can be based on on field performance

59 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.8d5fd9dbc93a58559ddf810530731c6f.png

I clicked on the Burnt Ends Chat and this is what popped up. Is there supposed to be like a forum there or what? 

Thats what mine was doing as well - it also wasn't showing me as a member in the member list.  I had to 'Leave Club' and rejoin.  You need admin approval to join.

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Thats what mine was doing as well - it also wasn't showing me as a member in the member list.  I had to 'Leave Club' and rejoin.  You need admin approval to join.

I wasn't showing up either. Guess the other day when I signed up it didn't add me to the "club" or whatever. Everything else worked though.

Soo... Can someone send this to Jaleel Skinner or whatever that TE recruit's name is.  Let's try to straight up buy a top TE.  Let's raise x dollars and he'll get it after NSD as a bonus?  How can we expand on this?  This is a great idea and I think we can do even more as time passes and we get more members.  We have one of the biggest and richest alumni bases, this should be no problem.

46 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Soo... Can someone send this to Jaleel Skinner or whatever that TE recruit's name is.  Let's try to straight up buy a top TE.  Let's raise x dollars and he'll get it after NSD as a bonus?  How can we expand on this?  This is a great idea and I think we can do even more as time passes and we get more members.  We have one of the biggest and richest alumni bases, this should be no problem.

That's not how this works, but next august if he's on the roster he will get a share. 

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, immamac said:

That's not how this works, but next august if he's on the roster he will get a share. 

Just curious, but why not try to build a roster with the best recruits if we can do it?  Is it logistics issue, an issue with the law/compliance, or just a fund raising problem?  The end goal of NIL is to get back to recruiting elite players here that are getting paid by other schools.  Is there a way to recruit top talent and they get a bonus on top of their yearly stipend?  Just curious because I'm not sure 10k a year is going to help bring in top recruits here when other schools are dropping bags with way more on top of NIL.  Just trying to think if there are ways we can take care of current players while also trying to raise funds to bring in top talent.

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Just curious, but why not try to build a roster with the best recruits if we can do it?  Is it logistics issue, an issue with the law/compliance, or just a fund raising problem?  The end goal of NIL is to get back to recruiting elite players here that are getting paid by other schools.  Is there a way to recruit top talent and they get a bonus on top of their yearly stipend?  Just curious because I'm not sure 10k a year is going to help bring in top recruits here when other schools are dropping bags with way more on top of NIL.  Just trying to think if there are ways we can take care of current players while also trying to raise funds to bring in top talent.

10k is more than TEs are getting in bags. This also is yearly so really it’s like 40-50k. And the NIL can not be involved with anyone not on the actual team. They use this as a recruiting tool saying “last year every TE got 10k and we expect it again this year” is above board

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

10k is more than TEs are getting in bags. This also is yearly so really it’s like 40-50k. And the NIL can not be involved with anyone not on the actual team. They use this as a recruiting tool saying “last year every TE got 10k and we expect it again this year” is above board

This was my understanding.  Is it not allowable for us to advertise this publicly in the hopes of influencing recruits?