Game Week- Louisiana

Wulaw Horn

39 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

I'll be pissed just because we'd have to endure more one-score games that shouldn't be one-score games.

Considering the spread is 8 points there is a very good chance it is right around a one score game. Not saying I expect Texas to lose or to need a last second field goal to escape, but the way the first two openers went under Tom Herman, we should be happy with a win no matter what the score is.

10 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

To be honest, I can't remember the last time I personally paid a bill. The better half handles all that. I couldn't even begin to guess what it is.

I've heard/seen several dudes say this. Has this become the norm? I'm worried if I let her handle it the electricity/internet would just turn off one day and my credit would plummet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I've heard/seen several dudes say this. Has this become the norm? I'm worried if I let her handle it the electricity/internet would just turn off one day and my credit would plummet. 

This happened to me in a previous life when I was married. Came home after work and the power was out. "Oh I guess I haven't paid it in awhile". Yeah she hadn't paid it in like four months.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Texvet16 said:

My wife’s got the AC temp gauge at 72 and I’m freezing my ass off. I have to walk outside periodically to warm up. First world problems baby ! I can’t wait wait for game time !

So menopause has hit your household as well?  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

To be honest, I can't remember the last time I personally paid a bill. The better half handles all that. I couldn't even begin to guess what it is.

It’s one power bill, what could it cost, ten dollars?

Edited by Redmen62
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I don't know about it being the norm but it works excellently for us. She is much more organized than I am. Over half of my close friends don't even mow their own yards. Their wives do it. Blows my mind. My wife would probably die of laughter if I even suggested that she should handle the lawn care. On the flip side, she would probably have a heart attack if I were to load the dishwasher so I guess we're just complimentary.

Bunch of you fuckers are going to burn in Baby Jesus' Environmental Awareness/Climate Change Hell.

We're poor so we only have a one story house, but wife wants it at 76.  When I tell her that's a tad cool she tells me to put on a sweater.

I think when all is said and done, I would have been happy hanging out with Bill Holden and Alec Guiness in Bridge Over the River Kwai.  T-shirt and shorts camp!

• Hook 'Em 3

Hell, we had all the A/C units in our house in Malaysia (one per room) set at 68 and slept under a down comforter and had condensation on the inside of every window back in the day when the company was paying for all the utilities...  :)

Now that I think about it, maybe that's why they transferred me to Norway next...

Saturday afternoon can't come fast enough...

Edited by Grimas
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

She takes care of revenue, I take care of bills and investments. It's a decent system.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ElChupacabra said:

Question for you gents and siap but will there be Bevo Blvd going on this year? I think last year they weren't doing it but I don't recall seeing anything on it for this season. I'd like to get down there for a couple games this year and wanted to experience that as well.

I believe so, and they have that new tap truck that will have a bunch of craft brews as well.

40 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Norway is great. Everyone speaks English, and while they aren't the prettiest girls in Europe, they are definitely the sluttiest. 

My people are from Norway. 
I found out much later in my life that grandma and grandpa were swingers. 
your story checks out from my personal knowledge of the situation. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

Question for you gents and siap but will there be Bevo Blvd going on this year? I think last year they weren't doing it but I don't recall seeing anything on it for this season. I'd like to get down there for a couple games this year and wanted to experience that as well.

From the booklet I got with my season tickets. Also, there will apparently be a zip line along Bevo Blvd and a Ferris wheel in the Smokey’s Midway area

3EA36C8E-804B-4A05-904D-57702A97C4F0.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

Question for you gents and siap but will there be Bevo Blvd going on this year? I think last year they weren't doing it but I don't recall seeing anything on it for this season. I'd like to get down there for a couple games this year and wanted to experience that as well

Yes and there is a zip line from what I hear.

Girls-Trip.gif

• Haha 3

DMN

Joshua Moore carries firsthand knowledge of how a promising season can get derailed before it’s barely begun.

The Texas receiver began his college career against Maryland in 2018. And for the second straight opener under Tom Herman, Texas fell as a ranked team to the Big Ten bottom-feeder.

No, it’s not a clear comparison for what No. 21 Texas faces Saturday to begin the Steve Sarkisian era at Royal-Memorial Stadium.

Don’t be fooled by the Sun Belt membership. No. 23 Louisiana-Lafayette is a whole lot better than either one of those Maryland teams and fully capable of spoiling Sarkisian’s debut and setting off another round of burnt orange soul-searching.

The lesson of those Maryland losses has stayed with Moore.

“It’s come out ready,” Moore said. “You come out really slow, it’s going to be very hard to catch up in the back end. One thing coach Sark has pushed us the most is coming out fast.

“You know, not giving them any slack, making them earn everything that they’re going to get this Saturday.”

The Ragin’ Cajuns finished 10-1 last season, losing only to conference rival Coastal Carolina and beating Big 12 runner-up Iowa State by 17 in Ames.

Sarkisian understands the challenge — and the opponent.

He and Louisiana-Lafayette coach Billy Napier were both part of Nick Saban’s coaching staff at Alabama in 2016. Napier was the receivers coach. Sarkisian was an offensive analyst before taking over play-calling duties for the national championship game.

“Billy is a great football coach, a great football mind. He’s very detailed,” Sarkisian said. “He’s a really good head coach. You can see it in their team. They’re well-organized. They’re efficient. They play sound. ...

“I’m really happy for Billy. He’s done a great job as a first-time head coach now three years in.”

Quarterback Levi Lewis and all five starting offensive linemen return on a senior-laden team. The defense forced 23 turnovers but was susceptible to the run, ranking eighth against the rush in the Sun Belt.

“I see a very well-put-together team with 21 starters returning,” Texas linebacker DeMarvion Overshown said. “They know how to play with each other because they’ve been playing together for a while. It’s going to be a great game against a great opponent, and we’ve got something on our side of the ball, too, ready for ‘em.”

Sarkisian has emphasized winning the battles at the line of the scrimmage.

“We dominate the front, we win the game,” Overshown said. “It’s as simple as that.”

It’s a matchup in which Texas should — in theory — have an advantage against even a talented Group of Five opponent.

A defensive front that is both athletic and beefy has been consistently a strong unit for Texas in the preseason.

And running back Bijan Robinson noted a change in the offensive line this week.

“They came out with a new mindset coming into this week of just attacking everything they see in front of them,” Robinson said. “They’ve been having a nasty mentality, a nasty mindset because they understand how we’re going to win this game.”

Of course, Louisiana-Lafayette has dealt with far more than preparation for Texas.

While the campus was spared the worst devastation of Hurricane Ida and the team didn’t relocate, unlike LSU, many of the players have family in hard-hit areas, especially New Orleans.

Napier told reporters much of the Texas game plan had been installed before this week. The impact of Ida on his team and the state was still in the forefront early this week.

“The big thing here is that it creates a little bit of perspective ... in terms of what’s important,” Napier told The (Lafayette) Daily Advertiser

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My people are from Norway. 
I found out much later in my life that grandma and grandpa were swingers. 
your story checks out from my personal knowledge of the situation. 

[Beerfest] Gam Gam’s a whore? [Beerfest]

• Haha 1

Jesus, you 75 degree thermostat guys need to be more active, get your blood flowing and body temp up.  I keep my AC between 70-71 during the day, 67 degrees at night. Any warmer and I'm hot. Wife complains about it constantly though. Working on taking over the whole upstairs so I can keep it cold without her suffering. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Jesus, you 75 degree thermostat guys need to be more active, get your blood flowing and body temp up.  I keep my AC between 70-71 during the day, 67 degrees at night. Any warmer and I'm hot. Wife complains about it constantly though. Working on taking over the whole upstairs so I can keep it cold without her suffering. 

My girlfriend keeps her place at 78.  Seventy-fucking-eight.  As a courtesy to me, she'll drop it to 76 when I'm there, but any colder than that and she gets sleepy, which apparently would be a real inconvenience when we're, you know, trying to sleep.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

DMN

Joshua Moore carries firsthand knowledge of how a promising season can get derailed before it’s barely begun.

The Texas receiver began his college career against Maryland in 2018. And for the second straight opener under Tom Herman, Texas fell as a ranked team to the Big Ten bottom-feeder.

No, it’s not a clear comparison for what No. 21 Texas faces Saturday to begin the Steve Sarkisian era at Royal-Memorial Stadium.

Don’t be fooled by the Sun Belt membership. No. 23 Louisiana-Lafayette is a whole lot better than either one of those Maryland teams and fully capable of spoiling Sarkisian’s debut and setting off another round of burnt orange soul-searching.

The lesson of those Maryland losses has stayed with Moore.

“It’s come out ready,” Moore said. “You come out really slow, it’s going to be very hard to catch up in the back end. One thing coach Sark has pushed us the most is coming out fast.

“You know, not giving them any slack, making them earn everything that they’re going to get this Saturday.”

The Ragin’ Cajuns finished 10-1 last season, losing only to conference rival Coastal Carolina and beating Big 12 runner-up Iowa State by 17 in Ames.

Sarkisian understands the challenge — and the opponent.

He and Louisiana-Lafayette coach Billy Napier were both part of Nick Saban’s coaching staff at Alabama in 2016. Napier was the receivers coach. Sarkisian was an offensive analyst before taking over play-calling duties for the national championship game.

“Billy is a great football coach, a great football mind. He’s very detailed,” Sarkisian said. “He’s a really good head coach. You can see it in their team. They’re well-organized. They’re efficient. They play sound. ...

“I’m really happy for Billy. He’s done a great job as a first-time head coach now three years in.”

Quarterback Levi Lewis and all five starting offensive linemen return on a senior-laden team. The defense forced 23 turnovers but was susceptible to the run, ranking eighth against the rush in the Sun Belt.

“I see a very well-put-together team with 21 starters returning,” Texas linebacker DeMarvion Overshown said. “They know how to play with each other because they’ve been playing together for a while. It’s going to be a great game against a great opponent, and we’ve got something on our side of the ball, too, ready for ‘em.”

Sarkisian has emphasized winning the battles at the line of the scrimmage.

“We dominate the front, we win the game,” Overshown said. “It’s as simple as that.”

It’s a matchup in which Texas should — in theory — have an advantage against even a talented Group of Five opponent.

A defensive front that is both athletic and beefy has been consistently a strong unit for Texas in the preseason.

And running back Bijan Robinson noted a change in the offensive line this week.

“They came out with a new mindset coming into this week of just attacking everything they see in front of them,” Robinson said. “They’ve been having a nasty mentality, a nasty mindset because they understand how we’re going to win this game.”

Of course, Louisiana-Lafayette has dealt with far more than preparation for Texas.

While the campus was spared the worst devastation of Hurricane Ida and the team didn’t relocate, unlike LSU, many of the players have family in hard-hit areas, especially New Orleans.

Napier told reporters much of the Texas game plan had been installed before this week. The impact of Ida on his team and the state was still in the forefront early this week.

“The big thing here is that it creates a little bit of perspective ... in terms of what’s important,” Napier told The (Lafayette) Daily Advertiser

Man, I loved this. I'm ready to run through a brick wall, motherfuckers.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

My girlfriend keeps her place at 78.  Seventy-fucking-eight.  As a courtesy to me, she'll drop it to 76 when I'm there, but any colder than that and she gets sleepy, which apparently would be a real inconvenience when we're, you know, trying to sleep.

Are you dating a snake? The warmer it is inside the drowsier I get. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3