"only murders in the building" on hulu

henrygandorf

Ah, the final season of "Bored to Death" we wanted but never got.  I'm in.  

Supporting Cast looks brilliant (on top of the core 3, I could watch just Martin & Short make a grocery list), I trust Steven's writing, Gandorf's judgement on these things...and yes, I got another free month of Hulu for September calendar month.....so I'm in! 

On 8/30/2021 at 5:27 PM, Lobo said:

Ah, the final season of "Bored to Death" we wanted but never got.  I'm in.  

Supporting Cast looks brilliant (on top of the core 3, I could watch just Martin & Short make a grocery list), I trust Steven's writing, Gandorf's judgement on these things...and yes, I got another free month of Hulu for September calendar month.....so I'm in! 

Man, I loved Bored to Death. My favorite Ted Danson character of his career and Zach G is greatness.

On 8/30/2021 at 6:02 PM, 4th&Five said:

I love those 2 and will watch anything they do. 

Same. Steve Martin might be my favorite performer of all-time.

• Hook 'Em 2

Thanks for that info.  Hulu makes it pretty difficult to find that out just looking at their web site.  The discount is only available for college students and she's still in high school, but I could use her brother.  Also it appears that there is a Spotify Premium/Hulu/Showtime student package for $4.99.  There wasn't any info about that on Hulu's website, but a google link sent me to Spotify where they had it listed.

Haven't watched the series yet, but caught their interview on Colbert. The chemistry is fantastic. Gomez knows from the get go she is out gunned and plays the passive role fabulously. When she gets her shots in they are solid. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, XYZ said:

Selena Gomez should stick with whatever else she does besides acting. She sucks.

according to the wife, her "face looks weird and also her voice sounds weird".  i don't know her from other stuff so it doesn't bother me.

enjoying the series so far, and they've got an impressive list of guest stars.

• Like 1

Don’t understand the Selena hate, I like her and like her in this. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed these first 4 episodes. Martin and Martin are so funny and talented. And when the 3 main characters visit Tina Fey to get podcast advise, seeing her employees all looking and dressing like her, because they wanted to be her, was hilarious.  The background music has a ‘Serial’ Podcast like sound, with the pounding piano note, which kind of makes sense. I’m assuming the apartment building is suppose to be based on The Dakota in NYC. Each of the apartments are incredible. I hope they have another season when this one is over because it’s a fun show. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/8/2021 at 5:12 PM, henrygandorf said:

according to the wife, her "face looks weird and also her voice sounds weird".  i don't know her from other stuff so it doesn't bother me.

I agree with your wife. It’s the voice. It grinds my gears 

On 9/8/2021 at 2:12 PM, henrygandorf said:

Sign me up for any Selena Gomez weirdness 

On 9/11/2021 at 10:22 PM, CooterBrown said:

I’ve wondered if that’s her real voice or if she’s putting on a NY accent for the character. I’ve never heard her speak and that voice isn’t what you’d expect.

It sounds like her voice.  I've probably seen every episode of Wizards of Waverly Place and she sounds pretty much like she did in that, except older.  Of course there wasn't quite as much fucks given in the Disney show.

I though her low key character played well against Martin and Short. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Wife started ‘watching’ it…meaning it’s another show that will play in the background while she mostly messes with her phone, while I laugh my ass off and really get into it.  I’ve picked up a lot of unexpectedly cool shows that way.  

Of course anything with Steve Martin will be excellent, I’ve been quoting him from Parenthood for decades and it’s not even one of his best.  

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/15/2021 at 9:59 AM, SydneyCarton said:

Just got renewed for season 2. I added to the list of shit for my wife and I to watch.

Maybe I’m nuts, but seems like a hard premise to keep going after 1 season. I mean how many murders in your apartment building can you investigate? Surely they don’t drag the Tim Kono thing out that long