Texas Governor's Race 2022

atomheartbevo

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

On a side note, a friend's brother who works for SpaceX was bitching about illegals taking American jobs.

And now all I can picture is some Guatemalan who can't read or write a bit of English showing up in Boca Chica and asking for a job at SpaceX on a launch or design team.

People that bitch about illegals taking American jobs are absolute morons.  Illegals take jobs Americans believe themselves too good to do (or are just too fucking lazy to do).  Americans, by and large, are a stupid and lazy bunch.  Simple economic concepts like supply and demand are completely over their head.

My favorite at the moment is EVERYONE who bitches about big government and government intervention complaining about high energy prices or even the Supply Chain debacle.  They want Biden to DO SOMETHING.  Fucking idiots.  

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

On a side note, a friend's brother who works for SpaceX was bitching about illegals taking American jobs.

And now all I can picture is some Guatemalan who can't read or write a bit of English showing up in Boca Chica and asking for a job at SpaceX on a launch or design team.

What this Hispanic gentlemen is Proposing is what If there were more than one spaceX?  A spaceXX or space dos equis, if you will?   

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Dinero geld stan marsh GIF on GIFER - by Saithithris

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

abbott is going to shoot an ad where's he's picking off people crossing the border with an AR

Yeah, about that.  Abbott going to see that Trump alums are pushing for tougher border measures, and because Don was the one that tweeted it, he's going to go hunting some folks.

And yes, there are wheelchair accessible deer blinds.

WOvn3SrjXMnjTgmOV8KUWMvVapNdeYjbrYxSiqKO

I hope these idiots are aware of this.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/32497111/naacp-calls-athletes-not-sign-texas-teams-due-recent-legislation

Texas is the laughing stock of the rest of the US.  At this point, even Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, and Oklahoma can laugh at Texas.  No GOP candidate for Governor will make this better.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

25 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I hope these idiots are aware of this.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/32497111/naacp-calls-athletes-not-sign-texas-teams-due-recent-legislation

Texas is the laughing stock of the rest of the US.  At this point, even Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, and Oklahoma can laugh at Texas.  No GOP candidate for Governor will make this better.  

I don't think this is going to have the impact on the GOP you think it is

The NAACP sent a letter to the players' associations in five professional sports Thursday asking players to reconsider signing with teams in Texas because of recent laws passed in the state.

Because reasons. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I wonder how many idiots think Huffines can do something with 20,000 National Guard troops and a few thousand DPS troopers along a 1,240 mile border?  And he won't have 20,000 NG troops to deploy at any one time since a lot of them are doing NG shit that they have to do every year, and since he wouldn't have money allocated by the legislature to pay them (gotta pay them for every day they are called up), not to mention the feds could step in and make him stop treating them as his PMCs.

51 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I wonder how many idiots think Huffines can do something with 20,000 National Guard troops and a few thousand DPS troopers along a 1,240 mile border?  And he won't have 20,000 NG troops to deploy at any one time since a lot of them are doing NG shit that they have to do every year, and since he wouldn't have money allocated by the legislature to pay them (gotta pay them for every day they are called up), not to mention the feds could step in and make him stop treating them as his PMCs.

Don’t forget all the aggy corps members he’ll have at his disposal.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Huffines retweeted this.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Or....and follow me here, because this is REALLY out there.....a vaccine mandate is designed to require people to be vaccinated against a harmful/deadly transmissible disease, thus reducing the prevalence and resulting harm of that disease.

Jesus tapdancing monkeyfucking Christ, these fucking morons would attack the idea of spraying water on a house engulfed in flames as actually being an evil plot to get all the furniture inside wet to ruin the finish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

he wouldn't have money allocated by the legislature to pay them (gotta pay them for every day they are called up),

You’re adorable.  The state lege would not only approve it, they would strip the education budget to zero to give GI Joe a 50% raise for his brave sacrifice.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You’re adorable.  The state lege would not only approve it, they would strip the education budget to zero to give GI Joe a 50% raise for his brave sacrifice.

They would have to not only approve all of the pay (millions of dollars a month), but they would also have to pay the federal government for the use of NG equipment and other resources - that stuff (HUMVEEs, etc.) is not owned by the state.

And they would have to deal with the fact that they would be causing NG troops to not re-enlist, or to go guard-hopping in other states.  NG troops don't sign up to spend months on the Mexican border. 

And like I said, beyond a certain time limit, the feds can shut them down.  

But it wouldn't matter anyways - 20,000 is a drop in the bucket, and you couldn't have 20,000 on the border 24/7 anyways, both because NG troops have federal requirements (training, maintenance, qualifications, etc.) and state obligations, and because you can't work them 24/7.  

But it would be a good way to shit on the troops that you are able to force down there.

You write that as if the Texas Taliban gives one flying fuck about the reality of the situation or hardships it would impose on the NG troops.

Hint, they don't give a flying fuck and any blowback will pinned on evil libs allowing the border situation to be so dire they had no choice but to take such drastic actions.  Never mind the fact that said libs have had zero say in anything in TX for the last 30 or so years.  DOES NOT MATTER.

• Like 1

Kneel Before Neal.  Don's the perfect ball-gargling height actually.  I do wish them the best.  There should more acceptance of inter-species partnerships between Giants and Trolls.  

Edited by Lobo

23 hours ago, elfenix said:

how easy would it be to set a retweet trap for him?

Probably pretty easy if he's retweeting German twitter accounts that only have a few hundred followers.....You could probably tweet at him that there were two guys sitting at a table next to you, and that one of them started asking to buy your little girls, and he had a foreign accent.  Like this:

RandomTwitterDude:  Hey @DonHuffines I was at a restaurant, and a man with a foreign accent asked how much my young daughter was, and then he asked to buy my daughters and my wife.  He demanded very loudly that I sell him my children.

Don Huffines Only under Greg Abbott's watch could this Texan have somebody ask to buy his young daughters!  I WON'T ASK JOE BIDEN TO PUT AN END TO CHILD TRAFFICKING IN RESTAURANTS!

blues-brothers.gif

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Of course he’s packing in a fucking restaurant. Never know when the wait staff full of MS-13 members decides to pop off.

Oh yes, and he made sure that everybody looking at his twitter feed saw it.

I'm fairly certain every open carry type I have come across has a small dick.  And they don't realize they are making themselves target #1 if shit goes down.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Meanwhile, way back in 3rd or 4th place, what is Allan West up to.  Sounds kind of hippy-ish.  Bet they serve lots of kale there.

To West's credit, he is trying to learn how to make....some kind of food.

FC9T9teXIAkBFza?format=jpg&name=medium

lol, pics like this gotta make racist 2A nuts short-circuit.

32 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i don't believe it

30 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Nope.  Especially when you throw in Republican fuckery. 5-6 point differential at MINIMUM. 

Not when there is this shit:

The same poll finds Abbott is running far ahead of his primary opponents. The incumbent governor is 51 percentage points ahead of his next-closest rival, former state Republican Party Chairman Allen West. 

Huffines has a lot more traction and a lot more support amongst the former (and even one or two current) Trump inner circle.

Also, this seems like bullshit:

The poll also found that actor Matthew McConaughey, who has teased a run for governor as an independent, only garners 9% of the vote in Texas.