To__ Orlan_o - _efensive Coor_inator

Machinator

6 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Defense is just plain embarrassing. We have to hope they fuck up for us to hold them. Fire Todd. 

If that snap wasn’t fumbled, it’s an easy 1st. The slot receiver literally ran free past the first down maker and turned around with nobody near him. And they STILL almost scored on a broken play because our defenders just FUCKING STOOD THERE cluelessly while a receiver ran behind them. Amazing.

Edited by CurlyDumps

Yea. On third and eight and I heard we're going with an all-out blitz, I cringed. The answer to everything seems to be an all out blitz.

We'll be lucky to lose only one more game this year. 

I hate that every game is close no matter who we play. For a few minutes tonight, I thought we'd have an old style stomping where the scrubs could play the second, but nope.

Amazing one DC can send 11 kids on the field and have all 11 clearly not know what their assignments and responsibilities are...hell, i wonder if orlando even knows.

Letting Orlando call defensive plays seems about as effective as giving my 5 year old nephew the controller on defense in madden

So I don't know the technical aspects like some of y'all do because I only played intramurals brother.  That being said, I don't understand something.  I'm watching us line up with 3 or 4 d-linemen.  That would leave 7-8 LBs/DBs.  How is Kansas still able to get to the corner on outside plays AND find wide-ass-open holes over the middle?  

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

So I don't know the technical aspects like some of y'all do because I only played intramurals brother.  That being said, I don't understand something.  I'm watching us line up with 3 or 4 d-linemen.  That would leave 7-8 LBs/DBs.  How is Kansas still able to get to the corner on outside plays AND find wide-ass-open holes over the middle?  

Because our back 7 doesn’t fully understand their fucking assignments.

3 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

If that snap wasn’t fumbled, it’s an easy 1st. The slot receiver literally ran free past the first down maker and turned around with nobody near him. And they STILL almost scored on a broken play because our defenders just FUCKING STOOD THERE cluelessly while a receiver ran behind them. Amazing.

When he managed to get that ball off because we don’t like to actually try and tackle the QB, I thought for sure that was gonna be a TD

The entire scheme is ineffective. Three down linemen and corners that play 15 yards off the receivers. It’s too easy to run outside counters and too easy to complete passes. I’m actually struggling to articulate anything that this scheme is good at limiting. It’s not designed to get pressure, create turnovers, stop the run or the pass. It’s like if you designed a way to put 11 players on the field in the formation that is least likely to stop an offense, we found it. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 5:50 AM, NoName said:

DFEI, for example, has Texas at #30 overall defensive team. in part, this is going to be because they have faced FEI's 4th hardest offensive schedule using their "average per possession defensive opponent adjustment"

blast Orlando for good reasons. but blasting him for YPG is a poor measuring stick and isn't a really a valid complaint in 2019. choosing to use bad measures at this point in time is lazy.

I hate to knee jerk and stuff. But this post may not be aging well at all. I'm not sure the "Fremeau efficiency index" is all that you say it is.

Edited by Thetexashammer