Ohio State @ Minnesota. 7 pm. FOX

Parliament

Just now, HtownHorn said:

They ruled it a completed pass. Haha. This is totally a Big 12 crew.

agree. its either incomplete or a fumble.  not a complete pass.

and how the fuck is that not targeting.  that is some "cut this shit out Minnesota, OSU needs to make the playoff" bullshit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Just make targeting a 25 yard penalty or a spot foul if greater than 25 yards down field and get rid of the kicking guys out shit and this becomes a lot easier.  15 yards doesn't need to be some sacred limit.  

agreed.  they didn't want to eject the guy because he plays for the team the Big 10 needs to be undefeated to make the playoff.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

Gus Johnson knows shitall about football.  he's made his name on the fake "hype" calls.

I don't know about that. The guy was like a three sport athlete in college and has been in the sports industry for a long time. I'm sure he knows more about football than most. But, yes, his hyper-energetic calls are his money maker.

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Ryan Day already needs another shave. I can go four days without a shave. He needs them twice a day.

Seriously, everything you've posted, and especially anecdotes about yourself, says you are a pathetic excuse for a man

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

I don't know about that. The guy was like a three sport athlete in college and has been in the sports industry for a long time. I'm sure he knows more about football than most. But, yes, his hyper-energetic calls are his money maker.

he played 3 sports in college?  including football?

Does it suck that the play reminded me of CeeDee Lamb when we were fighting to get back in the game.

This highlights why I think refs are shitbirds. Contrast that play with this hit. Lamb gave up mid-play in a way you rarely ever see. There was little Roach could have done to avoid. The risk of injury to Lamb was virtually nil.

Now this dude gets knocked out. There was nothing he could do to protect himself except not try to catch it. The DB had every opportunity to hit lower and didn’t.

I believe under the rule it’s clearly a penalty. And the entire intent of the rule is to avoid that sort of hit.

And then you give Ohio State the ball because the dudes lights are out and let’s go of the ball.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

he played 3 sports in college?  including football?

Gus played baseball at Howard, but he was a star in Football, Basketball and Baseball in HS in Detroit. He’s been my friend for more than 30 years and knows a fuckton about football.

Edited to add he was fucking 100% wrong about the non-call on the hit

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Gus played baseball at Howard, but he was a star in Football, Basketball and Baseball in HS in Detroit. He’s been my friend for more than 30 years and knows a fuckton about football.

Edited to add he was fucking 100% wrong about the non-call on the hit

he shows his ass a lot on games but OK.  It was a detroit 1A private school right?

3 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

So conflicted. An upset would have been fun, but I also enjoy watching the wanna-be Tony Robbins fraud lose.

OSU was probably winning that game but it would have been nice to have the Big 10 refs have their heads removed from their asses before the game.