What, no Joe Manchin thread?

Bullneck

Perhaps you noticed that, just before Election Day, Senator Manchin called a press conference to announce that he wasn’t sure he could support Joe Biden’s social services program because of his concern about the “impact it’ll have on our national debt.”

Given Manchin’s super-status as a Democratic swing vote, we certainly have to pay attention to his fiscal conservatism and obsession with the national debt. After we stop to muse — just for a minute — that his state, West Virginia, gets about $2.15 in federal aid for every dollar its residents send to Washington.

• Rage+1 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2021 at 5:35 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

not sure what you're doing wrong

lol. jesus fuck. 25% of his constituency doesn't have teeth. great if you want to give a gummy blowjob, not great if you want to eat

If your constituents are hell-bent on losing all their teeth, why would they want their tax money going to fund dental care for others?

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

On 12/17/2021 at 9:54 AM, Gap03 said:

If your constituents are hell-bent on losing all their teeth, why would they want their tax money going to fund dental care for others?

giphy.gif

Biden during election: “I’m for Medicare for those that want it”

Biden after election: “Let’s spend billions for dental and vision for Boomers”

Leftist Millennial:surprised patrick GIF

• Haha 2

Don’t think Manchin will be winning plaudits from the 4th Estate as a “profile in courage” for bucking his party; that designation is only feted for spineless RINOs. Having your own version of John McCain throwing a wrench in your party’s platform sucks doesn’t it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Don’t think Manchin will be winning plaudits from the 4th Estate as a “profile in courage” for bucking his party; that designation is only feted for spineless RINOs. Having your own version of John McCain throwing a wrench in your party’s platform sucks doesn’t it. 

Why are you turds so obsessed with whining about the media all the time? You got your fox news propaganda machine run by a foreign billionaire. Just suck on your thumb and be happy. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Why are you turds so obsessed with whining about the media all the time? You got your fox news propaganda machine run by a foreign billionaire. Just suck on your thumb and be happy. 

Because your side still tries to sell the bill of goods that we have an “objective” press when it comes to the 3 legacy networks and the NYT. Worst is the biased “fact checking” pretending not to be. I cull through propaganda when I read the paper. Let’s just call it for what it is and be done with it. Y’all can’t let the pretense go. Propaganda serves the GOP base better and refining it at the expense of “truth” is fine by me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Because your side still tries to sell the bill of goods that we have an “objective” press when it comes to the 3 legacy networks and the NYT. Worst is the biased “fact checking” pretending not to be. I cull through propaganda when I read the paper. Let’s just call it for what it is and be done with it. Y’all can’t let the pretense go. Propaganda serves the GOP base better and refining it at the expense of “truth” is fine by me.

Nobody believes we have a completely objective press. Link to a post saying that. It’s only you turds who are constantly whining about it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

What's your take on Fox News?

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What's your take on Fox News?

Propaganda that riles up and inflames the base to serve the needs of the GOP. It does its job. I like watching sports, movies and shows on TV not “news” but if I happen to have it on Fox News, it even does the job on me and I KNOW that it is designed to do so. For my mental health and happiness, I avoid.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, Macklemore said:

Propaganda that riles up and inflames the base to serve the needs of the GOP. It does it’s job. I avoid watching but if I happen to, it even does the job on me and I KNOW that it is designed to do so. For my mental health and happiness, I avoid.

Now compare Fox News to the New York Times.

8 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Yep.  He is a troll.  Neg and do not engage.  Fuck these folks.  They come in here to do gotchas and have zero ability to actually argue things on the merit.  But her dur.  Fuck them.

Dropping gotchas and smartass comments with a dollop of schadenfreude is the very ethos of this site. Lighten up Frances 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 4

10 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Hahaha Biden's shitty plan to bankrupt Amercia is derailed by your own party. Fucking awesome 🤣🤣🤣

He's not "ours." 

Biden has a plan for the future.  Our future. Your boy doesn't.  Your boy wants to go back in time.

• Haha 1

On 11/4/2021 at 3:08 PM, Incredulity said:

+ rep.  You did something intelligent for once.

I hope you read the comments.

Edited by Bullneck

Overall, I found the Build Back Better ideals to be over-reaching and I’m not surprised that it’s being cancelled. I also don’t believe it was only Manchin pushing back. I would bet at least 5-10 other Dem senators felt the same but are happy to let manchin take the heat.

biden was elected to not be trump. He doesn’t need to attempt an FDR, LBJ or Obama level social program. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Overall, I found the Build Back Better ideals to be over-reaching and I’m not surprised that it’s being cancelled. I also don’t believe it was only Manchin pushing back. I would bet at least 5-10 other Dem senators felt the same but are happy to let manchin take the heat.

biden was elected to not be trump. He doesn’t need to attempt an FDR, LBJ or Obama level social program. 

I respectfully disagree.

We need to pivot from fossil fuels ASAP to avoid a catastrophe. 

We need clean water and broadband for the entire country.  A healthy, educated and aware population is better than an ignorant, embitter one (I'm looking at the trolls on this thread).

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I respectfully disagree.

We need to pivot from fossil fuels ASAP to avoid a catastrophe. 

We need clean water and broadband for the entire country.  A healthy, educated and aware population is better than an ignorant, embitter one (I'm looking at the trolls on this thread).

All you Dems have managed to do is pivot this country's collective asshole towards the middle east so they can go in dry instead of working towards energy independence. The need of fossil fuels will only end through technological advancement free of government interference, not because sleepy Joe or horse-teeth AOC trying to pass mandates and deadlines. Stupid fucks and the stupid fucks that support them 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 3