Some of y'all owe this team an apology!!!

Thatguy

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Listen to the words.....

We wasted 4 years and millions on Tom Herman and hurt our recruiting in the process to win a couple more games a year that we would've likely won with Ehlinger playing hero ball anyway. I am telling you both coaches weren't good.

I’m telling you that Herman wasn’t nearly as bad as Charlie Strong and it certainly appears that you’re either to stupid to realize it or to obstinate to admit that you were wrong.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

This is why Texas struggles with football. Fans and big money donors influence the program far too often. We offered a guy who had little coaching experience a job without waiting long enough to see if his flash in the pan success was his or was it due to the previous regime. He hadn't recruited anyone. He had 1.5 season as a HC before we were talking to him. It was a panic hire and now we are paying for it. Hopefully Sark can win enough games to allow recruits to believe he will be around long enough to sign with us. Because right now the negative recruiting is killing us, and it all could've been avoided. I am done with this conversation. You guys keep yelling the sky is falling every time a game doesn't go the way you like. Maybe we can fire yet another coach after 3 or 4 years.

You know what other teams were saying about Charlie Strong?

”he’s fucking terrible and he will never win at Texas. You’d be stupid to waste your talent under that guy.”

Edited by lilMAC25

13 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

Herman was many things but not a trash coach. He was just mediocre. He had some big wins and also had some bad losses. Strong on the other hand was nothing but a trash HC. I think the two shared just one common trait - that is adultery. 

That is not true adultery was not the only thing. They both hired shitty staffs after getting their dream job and then acted surprised when those staffs did not work out.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Haha 2

On 9/25/2021 at 11:56 PM, Texasizsoback said:

As an neutral Arkansas fan observer its pretty obvious Card is not the guy.  You wouldn't have won, but our game would have been a contest going into the 4th if Thompson started.  When you come to the SEC you have to address the LOS feel free to down vote but it is true. That is the only thing holding you back.  You either have to have a legend at QB or control the line. That is the only way to win on consistent basis because even the mediocre Kentucky types of the world have great Olines with good enough defenses to win football games. Shouldnt be an issue with the recruits you have access to.  I imagine Sark knows this.

Well we haven't addressed it in a decade and haven't won on a consistent basis in the Big 12 either. It is almost like the SEC is just a normal football league where normal things like needing to dominate the LOS help you win consistently are true.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

This is why Texas struggles with football. Fans and big money donors influence the program far too often. We offered a guy who had little coaching experience a job without waiting long enough to see if his flash in the pan success was his or was it due to the previous regime. He hadn't recruited anyone. He had 1.5 season as a HC before we were talking to him. It was a panic hire and now we are paying for it. Hopefully Sark can win enough games to allow recruits to believe he will be around long enough to sign with us. Because right now the negative recruiting is killing us, and it all could've been avoided. I am done with this conversation. You guys keep yelling the sky is falling every time a game doesn't go the way you like. Maybe we can fire yet another coach after 3 or 4 years.

I don't know. Programs everywhere fire coaches who don't get it done. USF fired Strong after the same number of games and he had a better record there than he did here.

And fans everywhere are morons and boosters everywhere are annoying. I feel like we are looking for magical reasons for the football teams failures and not practical ones when we go down these moralizing self-flagellating paths.

Edit: I do want to point out that since I contributed to Burnt Ends I am now both a moronic fan AND an annoying meddling booster. So I guess it is possible it is all my fault.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, dcar00 said:

they beat TCU and OU and I'm fully on board and willing to give Sark and the team the mulligan.

I will throw OSU in there. Let's see where we stand by the bye week.

Then I shall beg forgiveness for ever having turned off the great piggy massacre if 2021 in disgust. I shall wear sack cloth and burnt orange ashes if necessary.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

You know what other teams were saying about Charlie Strong?

”he’s fucking terrible and he will never win at Texas. You’d be stupid to waste your talent under that guy.”

Athletes care about winning, but you know what they care about more? They care about if they are playing in a system that highlights their abilities, AND THEY CARE ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT THAT COACH THEY AGREED TO PLAY FOR IS GOING TO BE THERE FOR THEIR 4 YEARS. The SEC is full of NFL talent at schools that never win anything. They want to go to the league. That's what's important to high level recruits. That's why we are struggling with recruiting. That's also why we are struggling with coaching hires. No one wants to come here. Everyone we really want keeps turning us down regardless of the school and recruiting grounds. Why the fuck do you think that is? You know why it is. Everyone does, but no one wants to say it.

You call Urban Meyer and ask him to come here, who is his next call to? His former Defensive Coordinator at Florida, Charlie Strong. What was Texas like Chuck? How did they treat you? Oh really? Not interested!! OUR OWN FUCKING ALUMNI ARE SENDING THEIR KIDS ELSEWHERE rather than here. But why would he? He is inside the program. He already knew that the very coach sitting on his couch trying to recruit his sons wouldn't be on campus by the time his sons got there.

The University of Texas. The best job that no one wants, smack dab in the middle of the most fertile recruiting grounds that we can't get kids from. But you keep thinking my mentality is the problem.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Texasizsoback said:

Sorry the TLDR is you play soft ass Friday Night Light football that looks super awesome against Raider Rash. But you will lose to shitty 7-5 LSU teams because their 300lb linemen will eat.  Carry on with whatever this weird thread is.

You've never sniffed a conference title in the SEC, what would you know about winning there? Texas will probably win one before you and you got a 30 year head start. I'd shut the fuck up if i were your irrelevant ass, don't let those cute early season wins get to your head. You'll be back latched to Bama's teet yelling and cheering "SEC" in no time.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 6

29 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Athletes care about winning, but you know what they care about more? They care about if they are playing in a system that highlights their abilities, AND THEY CARE ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT THAT COACH THEY AGREED TO PLAY FOR IS GOING TO BE THERE FOR THEIR 4 YEARS. The SEC is full of NFL talent at schools that never win anything. They want to go to the league. That's what's important to high level recruits. That's why we are struggling with recruiting. That's also why we are struggling with coaching hires. No one wants to come here. Everyone we really want keeps turning us down regardless of the school and recruiting grounds. Why the fuck do you think that is? You know why it is. Everyone does, but no one wants to say it.

You call Urban Meyer and ask him to come here, who is his next call to? His former Defensive Coordinator at Florida, Charlie Strong. What was Texas like Chuck? How did they treat you? Oh really? Not interested!! OUR OWN FUCKING ALUMNI ARE SENDING THEIR KIDS ELSEWHERE rather than here. But why would he? He is inside the program. He already knew that the very coach sitting on his couch trying to recruit his sons wouldn't be on campus by the time his sons got there.

The University of Texas. The best job that no one wants, smack dab in the middle of the most fertile recruiting grounds that we can't get kids from. But you keep thinking my mentality is the problem.

Our almuni are sending their kids elsewhere because there are better programs with better coaches. You know what proves that one coach is better than the other? 

ON

THE

FIELD

RESULTS

Nick Saban is the college GOAT HC. Anywhere. Ever.

Chuck Strong’s are the worst in Texas history for a fucking reason. That reason is that he is the worst fucking coach in the history of the program. Quit defending him in any manner. He doesn’t deserve it.

• Hook 'Em 5

39 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah Blah, whatever. Every blue blood has its' lows but every blue blood eventually ends up in its' right full place which is in the national conversation skipping over teams like Cal and winning national titles. Even Michigan will be back, I don't know about Nebraska they needed those Prop 48s. Enjoy it while we suffer just like we use to laugh while Alabama looked inept. Just know that we will hit pay dirt again because we are a blue blood. Teams like Aggy and others just pretend to think they will get there and then they find themselves watching teams like us win it all. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

You've never sniffed a conference title in the SEC, what would you know about winning there? Texas will probably win one before you and you got a 30 year head start. I'd shut the fuck up if i were your irrelevant ass, don't let those cute early season wins get to your head. You'll be back latched to Bama's teet yelling and cheering "SEC" in no time.

Texas and irrelevant is synonymous to everyone except you delusional asswipes. You got mercy knee'd in the redzone.

• Fuck You 20

Imagine living in a world where you think defending charlie strong as a head coach on the internet is a good use of your time.

And then knowing that you're still better off than the arkansas fan who thinks talking shit about Texas irrelevance on a Texas board is a good use of his time.

Thanks @Thatguy and @Texasizsoback for the instant self-esteem boost to start my week.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I don't know. Programs everywhere fire coaches who don't get it done. USF fired Strong after the same number of games and he had a better record there than he did here.

And fans everywhere are morons and boosters everywhere are annoying. I feel like we are looking for magical reasons for the football teams failures and not practical ones when we go down these moralizing self-flagellating paths.

Edit: I do want to point out that since I contributed to Burnt Ends I am now both a moronic fan AND an annoying meddling booster. So I guess it is possible it is all my fault.

I’d wager this man has been married to the same woman for a very long time.

1 hour ago, Texasizsoback said:

Texas and irrelevant is synonymous to everyone except you delusional asswipes. You got mercy knee'd in the redzone.

What the hell are you talking about? We may be reactionary irrational fans but I think most of us are pretty clear we haven't been good for a long time.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Texasizsoback said:

That's all you got. Hold on tight!

All I got is an MNC, another MNCG appearance, and 3 conference championships since 1996. Rose Bowl wins. Fiesta Bowl wins. Sugar Bowl win.

Your shitty team hasn’t won a damn thing of consequence since leaving 1989.

I’ll take what little Texas has and laugh at the absolute zero that you sister fucking retards have. Congrats on having scoreboard for a short while. Maybe you can finally beat Bammer. More likely though that we will get to watch you blubber “SEC, SEC, SEC” while you get touched in a bad place again by Uncle Nick for the 15th straight season.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Is that guy a pig fan who is giving us shit for being irrelevant?

Yes. He's a dipshit pig fan who's spent the last 10 years over on secrant gobbling up bowl after bowl of aggy's twisted bullshit vision of our fanbase. Now he's here, regurgitating that bullshit back onto our board. He needs to be fatwa'd.

• Hook 'Em 1

Apologize?! Fucking apologies?! We don't need no stinking apologies!! Did the Germans apologize after they bombed pearl harbor!!

If this isnt the biggest bag over the head punch in the face I ever got! GAW DAMN IT!!

Oh oh! It's good It's good! It's good!

Ohhh.. Hey!  You know what I want? I want this poster brought over here. I want em brought over here from their nice decade+ slumber with Polonsky and them other fucks over at Belmont,San Jacinto and Melody  Iane. I want em brought right here with a great big ribbon on his head!

I want to look him in the eye and tell em what a cheap, no-good, lying, rotten, four flushing, lowlife, snake licking, dirt eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat ass, bug-eyed, stiff legged, worm-headed, sack of monkey shit he is!!!! Hallelujah!! Holy Shiit!!! Where's the Tylenol?!!

"Let your damn nuts hang!"

Edited by CptnJiggleBits

11 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Listen to the words.....

We wasted 4 years and millions on Tom Herman and hurt our recruiting in the process to win a couple more games a year that we would've likely won with Ehlinger playing hero ball anyway. I am telling you both coaches weren't good.

Tom Herman finished ranked 3 out of 4 seasons at Texas.  Strong was the worst coach in our history.

Neither was sufficient.  But Strong is a borderline tard.  And he backed it up steering a loaded USF into a ditch.  Herman will likely be an above average head coach at his next stop.  Herman is above average, which is not good enough for us.

You are biased for Strong because he's black.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Texasizsoback said:

Texas is irrelevant, yet here your obsessed ass is, on the Texas-centric website. How interesting. 

At least we aren't conference title virgins 😂

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Players win games not coaches. We had shitastic QB play during Strong's tenure. If VY played for Strong what would his record be? Why was Strong winning at Louisville? Could it be the dude that currently has the Denver Broncos 3-0 was the reason? How many games you think Saban would lose if we swapped out Mac Jones for Tyrone Swoopes? I swear you guys make football way harder than it is. Ed Orgeron won a natty with Joe Burrow. Gene Chizick won a natty with Cam Newton.

I just want to chime in to say that using "natty" is awful and you should stop doing it. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

I have to say, Thatguy being a Strong apologist adds some serious humor to all of his other posts. 

We should probably create a Forum just for him and MaybeACoordinator to reminisce about how close Strong was to making and it and how he never got a fair chance here. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Texas has played 120 seasons of college football. Chuck Strong's three UT teams rank 106, 110 and 112 in College Football Reference's SRS rating.

He's the worst coach in Texas Football history. Period.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/texas/

If he just had VY, he’d have the same record as Tom Herman….

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TriStone said:

Yes. He's a dipshit pig fan who's spent the last 10 years over on secrant gobbling up bowl after bowl of aggy's twisted bullshit vision of our fanbase. Now he's here, regurgitating that bullshit back onto our board. He needs to be fatwa'd.

Texas is going to win the B12.  Sark was a good hire.  But you have some dickheads for fans. I'll be the first to tell you Arkansas was the absolute worst P5 team under Chaggy Morris.  He can't even win at Allen HS. But the douchebags predicting a 30+ point win in Fayetteville is why the nation loves watching you lose.

• Fuck You 8

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

We've had mostly top ten classes for the last ten years. Explain that. We haven't struggled with recruiting at all. 

9 minutes ago, Texasizsoback said:

Texas is going to win the B12.  Sark was a good hire.  But you have some dickheads for fans. I'll be the first to tell you Arkansas was the absolute worst P5 team under Chaggy Morris.  He can't even win at Allen HS. But the douchebags predicting a 30+ point win in Fayetteville is why the nation loves watching you lose.

5FB5BFFA-E7F7-46F6-BD57-0D8A33E182FB.jpeg.6f58aa15e1419cdcfe16dc90535dde71.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Texasizsoback said:

Blah blah blah.  Thank you for another opportunity to drop a neg.  And thank you for the reminder that "the nation" is obsessed with us regardless of whether we're shitty or great.  I already knew that, but thanks all the same.

Edited by TriStone
Arkieizsoturd
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

I have to say, Thatguy being a Strong apologist adds some serious humor to all of his other posts. 

We should probably create a Forum just for him and MaybeACoordinator to reminisce about how close Strong was to making and it and how he never got a fair chance here. 

I went back and found some greatest hits so you don't have to. 12/3/18:

See, it was Shane Beuchele, who went on to have a terrific career at SMU and is currently on an NFL roster, who was solely responsible for Strong being the worst coach in school history:

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Texas has played 120 seasons of college football. Chuck Strong's three UT teams rank 106, 110 and 112 in College Football Reference's SRS rating.

Tom Herman had a ton of faults and I was ecstatic to see him go. We were a mediocre team that played dumb and tough, with a punchers chance of upsetting top 10 teams… Under Charlie we were straight up hopeless.

BYU: 41-7 loss

Baylor: 28-7 loss

KSU: 23-0 loss

TCU: 48-10 loss

Arky: 31-7 loss (59yds of offense)

ND: 38-3 loss (BuT WaTsOn OpEnEd uP tHe OfFeNsE!)

TCU: 50-7 loss (down 37-0 at half)

ISU: 24-0 loss

WVU: 38-20 loss

Other: gave up 45 and 48 to Cal/TT

OSU: 49-31 loss (3 blocked XP)

Kansas: lost in overtime. First P5 win for KU in 2 years

TCU: 31-9 loss at home

Other: gave up 50 to Cal, 45 to OU, and went 3-6 in the Big12 

Charlies conference record progression:

2014: 5-4

2015: 4-5

2016: 3-6

#trendingup

Defensive minded head coach who displayed embarrassing results on offense, ST, AND defense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Imagine living in a world where you think defending charlie strong as a head coach on the internet is a good use of your time.

And then knowing that you're still better off than the arkansas fan who thinks talking shit about Texas irrelevance on a Texas board is a good use of his time.

Thanks @Thatguy and @Texasizsoback for the instant self-esteem boost to start my week.

No UT alumnus or real Texas fan wants to even remember Charlie Strong's tenure, much less debate it here. I can't drink enough to forget.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Texas is irrelevant, yet here your obsessed ass is, on the Texas-centric website. How interesting. 

At least we aren't conference title virgins 😂

Texas is irrelevant.  That's why the pigs had their first sellout in years and stormed the field at a cost of $100,000 in fines.

10 hours ago, C-Man said:

And Texas had 3 straight losing seasons twice in its history, the 1930s and Charlie Strong.