[Surly Official] Texas @ TCU Game Thread - 11am on ABC

Pancho

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Casey hasn't looked like his usual calm poised self in this one. Seems more jittery a little like Card. Fatterson is getting in his head

He needs to see the field better, and if he can't just pick up some yards so Bijan doesn't have to pick them all up himself.

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Thompson didn’t play a great half but that was nowhere near Card vs Arkansas bad. Look at how this team is playing right now and remember how lifeless it was under Card. He’s gonna be the spark to save the day? From the impossible odds of *checks notes * up six with the ball coming?

This site is so goddamn dumb sometimes.

Agree with a lot of what you say, but in fairness to Card, at least the OL has improved. IE., if you're attributing how lifeless the team was against Arky being all on Card, I'm calling BS on that. Bijan performed miracles to make 2 yard gains after getting hit behind the line of scrimmage against the Hogs. There has been definite improvement in the OL and Casey is benefitting from that. But he has still shown he is subject to pressure in the pocket. He's not evacuating the pocket prematurely like Card did though.

Some of these drops have been catchable, but not ideal balls.

this is honestly worse than the Arkansas game. We will win because Casey fucks, but the self inflicted damage in the first half should be treated like a loss. We have gotten lucky on a fucked up backfield play and thats the difference in the game. Keilan caused the punt fumble, that was forced, but these mistakes need to stop or be reduced to near 0 to be competitive at the highest level, otherwise we will just be close with the TCU's of the world. I'm drunk, I'm hot, and I'm  MAD. 

Timeouts would have made a world of difference in the first quarter and the first few defensive drives of the 2nd. I'm pretty pissed that Sark is just trying to power through some struggles, these guys need to get in their element and sometimes it takes a break from the pace to really get it going

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

its the rule and logical.  if they hold a review after you call a TO you get it back because in theory you wouldn't have needed to call TO.

But if they initiate the review because you called the time out, then you are getting a free time out. 

13 minutes ago, XYZ said:

44, 47, and 70 need to be dismissed from the team when the bus arrives in Austin. And if 8 is our go-to WR, holy shit. And Coburn running away from the QB, WTF was that?

Pretty sure that was on a screen that he correctly recognized and ran to cover the RB, letting the LBs cover the QB scramble.

all my player props looking good. Just need the horns to cover 2.5...

Total rushing yards by B. Robinson vs Total rushing yards by B. Robinson over 120½ -115 for Game
Total receiving yards by B. Robinson over 28½ -115 for Game
Total receptions by J. Moore vs Total receptions by J. Moore over 2 -110 for Game