[Surly Official] Texas @ TCU Game Thread - 11am on ABC

Pancho

1 minute ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Stop with all the "Casey sucks!" talk. Dude has had multiple dropped passes, shoddy line play, and 1 bad throw, and all of a sudden everyone wants to forget how amazing he's played his last multiple games in a row.

We aren't saying that. We're saying he's having a shit game which is true. Hopefully he turns it around. Although to be fair, this performance is similar to Card vs Ark and I saw a lot of people calling for heads

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Snacks said:

that last ball wasn't overthrown... defensive holding was not called...  shouldn't have thrown into triple coverage, but that was taking a shot with the fasted dude on the field.

That call didn't make sense with the way Worthy has looked in the first half. Agreed that Casey shouldn't have made the pass, but I am a bit peeved with Sarkisian's playcalling through the first half. On that last offensive possession, why not try more short to midrange passes along the sidelines?

Just now, gmr548 said:

Thompson didn’t play a great half but that was nowhere near Card vs Arkansas bad. Look at how this team is playing right now and remember how lifeless it was under Card. He’s gonna be the spark to save the day? From the impossible odds of *checks notes * up six with the ball coming?

This site is so goddamn dumb sometimes.

Palabra!

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Hes had more than 1 bad throw. He had two other passes that could have been picked. He just isn't reading the defense well at all right now. Although, I suspect he saw the db grabbing there and thought he'd get a pi by throwing that last one. Still stupid, but I guess I get it. 

bullshit he thought he'd get a call, that was just a dumb fucking throw

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

I, for one, am really intrigued with the play where Coburn turns away from the QB when he’s completely unblocked and starts running downfield. Since I’ve seen it at least twice, I assume it’s by design.

I'm pretty sure he thought, "This is way too easy.  Letting me through unblocked... must be a screen."  

Except, no... no screen.  Just terrible O line.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, gmr548 said:

Thompson didn’t play a great half but that was nowhere near Card vs Arkansas bad. Look at how this team is playing right now and remember how lifeless it was under Card. He’s gonna be the spark to save the day? From the impossible odds of *checks notes * up six with the ball coming?

This site is so goddamn dumb sometimes.

all counts as some.

3 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Stop with all the "Casey sucks!" talk. Dude has had multiple dropped passes, shoddy line play, and 1 bad throw, and all of a sudden everyone wants to forget how amazing he's played his last multiple games in a row.

This is dumb. Nobody is saying he sucks, they are accurately saying he's playing poorly today. Missed reads (very unusual for him), bad decisions, bad throws. Hell his first almost pick was just an awful throw well behind the receiver that the LB got both hands on. That pass should have been 5+ yards further right toward the sideline. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I, for one, am really intrigued with the play where Coburn turns away from the QB when he’s completely unblocked and starts running downfield. Since I’ve seen it at least twice, I assume it’s by design.
If it's the play I think you're talking about, it looked like they recognized a screen and started pulling back to disrupt it. TCU does love screens in those situations.

3 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Has someone said he sucks? He's having a bad game and if you think there has only been one bad throw, you're not watching this week's game. There have been multiple bad decisions that could have easily been intercepted. True also that he's not getting much help, outside of Bijan.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

They just can’t call holding can they? Lol

And how did TCU have a TO left? They called #1 on the punt, #2 on the 4th-and-1 that we jumped and then on that last drive yet the graphic still showed one on the board. ABC’s mistake?

Refs gave fat pat to back on the targeting review.

Edited by deter

1 minute ago, Paul Wesley said:

I'm pretty sure he thought, "This is way too easy.  Letting me through unblocked... must be a screen."  

Except, no... no screen.  Just terrible O line.

He even saw the RB dropping to the flat... he read it right.  The QB didn't throw the ball there.