[Surly Official] Texas @ TCU Game Thread - 11am on ABC

Pancho

3 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

He made a mistake there for sure, but he's had 3-4 drops

He's not reading the field well at all. He cost us 4 points not seeing a wide open guy in the red zone and a first down on 3rd down before that. 

I don't think you make a change at all but he is definitely having a bad game. Lot of work for Sarkisian in the locker room at half. 

Kind of weird to have an offense where everyone except the RB is playing poorly and still have 17 offensive points at the half. (Two field goals were really turnovers, not earned by the offense) 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I'd give Card the first series coming out of the half. Casey making bad decisions, and not accurate at all

Texas is up 6 after a terrible half. This is not the correct move.

Casey needs to be allowed to run if the called pass play isn't there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, THUJONE said:

WE just need to settle the fuck down. We are playing this game like we're losing, but we're not. We are up by 6 and get the ball second half. I hope they all smoke some ganja in the locker room and chill out.

I think I should do that too.

Just now, Mdhorn said:

Another TCU offensive hold to end the half.  

Yeah, a flagrant take-down.  

I remember some NBA coach bitching about a Pat Riley defense -- I think when he was with the Heat -- and saying something like, "It's genius.  They just foul you on every possession and they know refs are just going to let some of it go."

That is definitely happening with that TCU right tackle.  He's just doing a desperation take-down on every passing play.  

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

They just can’t call holding can they? Lol

And how did TCU have a TO left? They called #1 on the punt, #2 on the 4th-and-1 that we jumped and then on that last drive yet the graphic still showed one on the board. ABC’s mistake?

I think the first one was a call from the booth review on the targeting. 

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I'd give Card the first series coming out of the half. Casey making bad decisions, and not accurate at all

Leave the meth alone!  Want to totally change team chemistry in the middle of a close game?  He made some bad throws but had a few really bad drops.  

3 minutes ago, Modessit said:
4 minutes ago, ztejas said:
Can't recall Sam throwing into triple coverage that often. 

Just showing that everyone bitched last year about underthrown or overthrown balls all the time. Casey may be a baller but as a passer he's not better.

that last ball wasn't overthrown... defensive holding was not called...  shouldn't have thrown into triple coverage, but that was taking a shot with the fasted dude on the field.

1 minute ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Stop with all the "Casey sucks!" talk. Dude has had multiple dropped passes, shoddy line play, and 1 bad throw, and all of a sudden everyone wants to forget how amazing he's played his last multiple games in a row.

Consistently threw into coverage, guy is not seeing the field at all right now

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Can't recall Sam throwing into triple coverage that often. 

To be fair that throw may look a lot different if the DB doesn’t hold Worthy, a hold that went uncalled and that really should have been a free play. With that said Casey is really off this game. Need to continue pounding the ball. 

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Sam was a much better deep passer than what we have now, think about that shit for a minute

Way too early to make that judgment about either QB. Casey is struggling with pressure in a hostile road environment against an amped opponent just like Card did. Who knew, QBs don't play as well under pressure -- especially inexperienced QBs.

1 minute ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Stop with all the "Casey sucks!" talk. Dude has had multiple dropped passes, shoddy line play, and 1 bad throw, and all of a sudden everyone wants to forget how amazing he's played his last multiple games in a row.

Hes had more than 1 bad throw. He had two other passes that could have been picked. He just isn't reading the defense well at all right now. Although, I suspect he saw the db grabbing there and thought he'd get a pi by throwing that last one. Still stupid, but I guess I get it.