Faceboo, Instagram and What's App are down ... amazing

Hornius Emeritus

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Snapchat is back 

It was never taken offline just DNS requests were timing out because of all the facebook.com, instagram.com, and whatsapp.com requests were saturating the servers.  That is probably why they restored the DNS functionality and nerfed the servers.

18 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

text to Whatsapp is like snailmail to email.

WhatsApp identification is based on a number, but the mechanism itself is free.  This is a big deal if you are messaging across borders.  It queues messages when participants are offline.  Chats are persistent.  It better supports media.  It better supports group messaging.  And a million other features.

It just sucked when it got bought up by Facebook.  Telegram and Signal are newer and similar, but Signal is more widely used.

Telegram is also the preferred channel for white nationalists, ISIS, and is probably also has a GRU backdoor installed. So there’s that. 

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Instagram doesn't seem to be fully operational yet all the new posts are just grey boxes...

Same with Facebook.  I can't post, but I could comment on someone else's post.  Also there is just the like and smiling emoji with nothing else.

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

On a side note the only messaging app I use is wickr, cause thats what my weed service uses. reading up on this and I just realized amazon bought wickr a few months ago. They are gonna have all my preferences if they start selling weed online.

Amazon would like very much to get into that business.  They already have a pharmacy business going.

Actually they want to get into any business.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

I only have family and close friends as FB friends.  It is good limited like that.  I like seeing the pictures.

That explains it. The Facebook servers must have collapsed trying to upload photos of your wife and her huge ass.

I don't know if that's such a good idea.  What if it's tainted by politics and angst?  

I get my grown-up medical advice from some guys at Mayo Clinic and Seton Ascension.  My pediatric medical advice from the former head of Mass General Pediatric (Harvard's Teaching Hospital).  And my horse gets his medical advice from facebook and Cloak Room.  But he's usually drunk when he gets it so he tends to go on rants.

16 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I don't know if that's such a good idea.  What if it's tainted by politics and angst?  

I get my grown-up medical advice from some guys at Mayo Clinic and Seton Ascension.  My pediatric medical advice from the former head of Mass General Pediatric (Harvard's Teaching Hospital).  And my horse gets his medical advice from facebook and Cloak Room.  But he's usually drunk when he gets it so he tends to go on rants.

horse GIF

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Instagram doesn't seem to be fully operational yet all the new posts are just grey boxes...

Well to be fair to the Instagram engineers, you do subscribe to a channel called "Hot GILF Bush" 

• 2 years later...
10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Glad to see it's not just me, shit's borked. I was worried for a second I was hacked and locked out.

Same.  Went to email to see if my PW had changed and nothing. It did (I think) let me change my PW though.