Fuck the Police!!!!!!!!!!!

Bernard

On 6/6/2023 at 10:06 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

this is fucking  unbelievable.

reminder again, to everyone. If pulled over and you are the driver,   YOU DONT NEED TO ANSWER ANY OFFICER QUESTIONS OTHER THAN BASIC INFORMATION.

If the cop starts getting question-y, be polite and ask what you are being pulled over for, provide your DL, insurance & registration and thats it.  decline to answer any questions.

Stop being chatty with the cops.

Q: whats your name?

A: Here's my DL, its has my information on it.

Q: where were you going

A: I prefer to not answer,  am i getting a ticket?

Q: why wont you answer the question?

A: I prefer to not answer and remain silent, am I getting a ticket? am I being detained, and am I free to go?

Q:  Is it OK to search your car?

A:  you dont have permission to enter or touch anything in my car.  AM I BEING DETAINED? AM I FREE TO GO?

That's it.  if you get a ticket, get the ticket, sign it, and go, deal with a lawyer later to fight the ticket.  

Cops have a very limited timeframe once they pull you over to continue to talk to you, unless they get probable cause.  refusing to answer other than basic questions eliminates the first thing and once you ask if you are being detained that starts a whole new sped up clock that the cops now only have a "reasonable" amount of time to run your info for warrants, tickets, etc.    

If they want to bring a dog they have to have a reason, and "making sure you dont have drugs" isnt a fucking reason to wait to get a dog.

Can I have my ticket please? Am I free to go?  why am I not free to go if I am not being detained?  Please give me my ticket and let me go.

this fucking video below is MIND BLOWING.  

Sheriff’s deputy:  9 out of 19 times we do this we don’t find anything.  

Jeez.   

I drive right by that location every time I go to deer camp.   I’ll be looking for deputy Babb.  

On 6/6/2023 at 10:06 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

this is fucking  unbelievable.

reminder again, to everyone. If pulled over and you are the driver,   YOU DONT NEED TO ANSWER ANY OFFICER QUESTIONS OTHER THAN BASIC INFORMATION.

If the cop starts getting question-y, be polite and ask what you are being pulled over for, provide your DL, insurance & registration and thats it.  decline to answer any questions.

Stop being chatty with the cops.

Q: whats your name?

A: Here's my DL, its has my information on it.

Q: where were you going

A: I prefer to not answer,  am i getting a ticket?

Q: why wont you answer the question?

A: I prefer to not answer and remain silent, am I getting a ticket? am I being detained, and am I free to go?

Q:  Is it OK to search your car?

A:  you dont have permission to enter or touch anything in my car.  AM I BEING DETAINED? AM I FREE TO GO?

That's it.  if you get a ticket, get the ticket, sign it, and go, deal with a lawyer later to fight the ticket.  

Cops have a very limited timeframe once they pull you over to continue to talk to you, unless they get probable cause.  refusing to answer other than basic questions eliminates the first thing and once you ask if you are being detained that starts a whole new sped up clock that the cops now only have a "reasonable" amount of time to run your info for warrants, tickets, etc.    

If they want to bring a dog they have to have a reason, and "making sure you dont have drugs" isnt a fucking reason to wait to get a dog.

Can I have my ticket please? Am I free to go?  why am I not free to go if I am not being detained?  Please give me my ticket and let me go.

this fucking video below is MIND BLOWING.  

Ok so I don’t know shit other than fuck the police always but what’s the move when they bring the dogs? I’ve had that happen a few times and just said ok do whatever.

Anyone else would have been pursued by every cop in 50 miles and dragged out of the car and beaten, not merely charged with some misdemeanors after the fact. At least he was relieved of duty as

Shaouni was later arrested and charged with misdemeanor crimes including speeding, reckless driving, resisting an officer and felony fleeing from law enforcement, Seminole County Circuit Court records show.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

The only explanation for Florida is lead in the water. That's gotta be it.

There's no lead anymore.  The explanation is there's Florida Man in the Florida Water.  Gets you 60% of the time, every time.  

On 6/10/2023 at 12:59 PM, deadshank said:

Sheriff’s deputy:  9 out of 19 times we do this we don’t find anything.  

Jeez.   

I drive right by that location every time I go to deer camp.   I’ll be looking for deputy Babb.  

totally different state, totally different person, and totally different circumstances, but a youtuber I watched a lot of during covid who posted how he was pulled over by the Wisconsin Police & Narcotics task force, convinced they had him.  

They didnt, but at least they didnt fucking rip his car apart like they did to the guy whose video I posted 2 weeks ago.

He's a wholesale reseller so all but 3 mins of the video relates to reselling.  The Fuck the Police part of being interesting happens from 0:30 t0 3:30 in his video which i will link below.

However, the unbelievable thing that the cop tells him as to why they think hes a for sure drug smuggler is that he was so calm and collected while being interrogated.

yes, you read that right. The cops  are now claiming that being calm is a "reasonable suspicion" because "drug cartels hire people who are cool and calm under pressure"  

Nevermind that historically on thousands of drug busts, where the cop says they had a reasonable suspicion due to someone being extra nervous and acting super strange and weird..

NOW the cops are saying that if you are super cool and relaxed, THATS now a red flag.  holy fuck.   

That literally covers the two most likely fucking moods anyone being pulled over would have. 

Either A) nervous as fuck because they dont want a ticket (and maybe doing something wrong)

or B) completely calm and acting normal because they think the cop is doing their job (and 99.999999999% of the time, not doing nor having done anything wrong)

I mean holy fuck, that means cops have an excuse that covers literally everything a driver could be. 

Be cooperative, thats suspicions, invoke your right to remain silent, thats TOTALLY suspicions, be nervous because you dont want a ticket and have your rates go up, totally suspicious, be super calm, totally suspicious.

link to the youtube  is in the bold above and

here if you want to watch the 30 second to 3 min mark.  reminder  the video itself isnt about the cops, its a guy talking about what he bought and sold ( legally).  but if you want to hear his detained by a cop description, have at it

3 San Antonio cops charged with murder

SAPD Chief William McManus said Friday night the officers didn’t follow department training or policy and “used deadly force, which was not reasonable given all the circumstances as we now understand them.”

Perez was experiencing a mental health crisis and had a hammer in her hand when police shot her through a patio window and door, McManus said.

Did those 3 brave warriors fear for their lives when this lady wielded a hammer inside of her apartment? Were they in imminent danger of being somehow struck by said hammer with the walls, doors and windows between them? Might as well fill her full of lead.

• Rage+1 3

6 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Did those 3 brave warriors fear for their lives when this lady wielded a hammer inside of her apartment? Were they in imminent danger of being somehow struck by said hammer with the walls, doors and windows between them? Might as well fill her full of lead.

Cops gonna cop, man.  Respek my athoritah!  And, the go-to treatment for all problems: "SHOOT."

There's nothing even surprising about this story, except that it only happened once on Friday.

6 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Cops gonna cop, man.  Respek my athoritah!  And, the go-to treatment for all problems: "SHOOT."

There's nothing even surprising about this story, except that it only happened once on Friday.

Good for SAPD (so far, anyways) for charging these shit-bags with murder this quickly.

• Hook 'Em 1

Um ... https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/28/us/rankin-county-mississippi-officers-fired-lawsuit-black-men/index.html

The Rankin County Sheriff’s Office in Mississippi has fired multiple deputies after two Black men filed a federal civil rights lawsuit alleging six White deputies entered their private residence illegally and tortured them for nearly two hours.

“Due to recent developments, including findings during our internal investigation, those deputies that were still employed by this department have all been terminated,” Rankin County Sheriff Bryan Bailey said during a news conference Tuesday, without specifying the number of deputies fired or their names. The deputies had been on administrative leave, the sheriff said, and he declined to comment on specific allegations.

The terminations come roughly two weeks after Michael Jenkins and Eddie Parker filed a lawsuit alleging six deputies entered their Braxton home in January and handcuffed, kicked, waterboarded, repeatedly used Tasers on the men and attempted to sexually assault them. One deputy also put a gun in Jenkins’ mouth and shot him, the lawsuit says.

The lawsuit, filed June 12 in the US District Court in Mississippi, names Bailey and six deputies as defendants and seeks $400 million in damages.

3 San Antonio officers charged with murder in fatal shooting of woman at her apartment

It comes amid nationwide scrutiny of police use of force, especially against Black people, including the shooting of 11-year-old Aderrien Murry in Indianola, Mississippi, last month, the fatal shooting of Alonzo Bagley in Shreveport, Louisiana, in February and the beating death of Tyre Nichols by officers in Memphis, Tennessee, in January.

During the January 24 incident, deputies “forced their entry into the premises from several entry points without a warrant,” and with no “reasonable suspicion or probable cause” for entering the home, the lawsuit said.

The sheriff has previously said the deputies were at the home on that day for drug enforcement activities, CNN affiliate WAPT reported.

Jenkins and Parker were handcuffed when the deputies, who had turned their body-worn cameras off, began punching and slapping them, according to the lawsuit. “Throughout the nearly two-hour ordeal, the six deputies would punch and beat two handcuffed men at will, hurting and humiliating both Jenkins and Parker. Deputies also repeatedly and gratuitously kicked the men as if they were animals while they lay subdued and handcuffed,” the lawsuit says.

Additionally, the deputies waterboarded Jenkins and Parker by “continuously pouring the liquids on their faces while both men were handcuffed … and forced on their backs,” according to the lawsuit.

During these acts, the deputies used “vicious racial slurs,” including the n-word and “monkey” and accused them of “dating White women,” the suit alleges.

“In their repeated use of racial slurs in the course of their violent acts, (the deputies) were oppressive and hateful against their African- American victims. Defendants were motivated on the basis of race and the color of the skin of the persons they assaulted,” the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit also alleges that multiple deputies attempted to use a sexual device against Jenkins and Parker, threw eggs at them and forced them to shower together.

The deputies had “custody and control” of Jenkins and Parker during the incident, and neither of the men resisted or tried to run from the deputies, the lawsuit says.

Despite their compliance, deputies “placed their guns to the heads of both handcuffed men and threatened to kill them.”

As the assault reached its peak, the lawsuit alleges, a deputy placed a gun in Jenkins’ mouth and shot him, lacerating his tongue and shattering his jaw.

After Jenkins was shot, “he was severely injured, left alone to care for and treat himself as he stumbled out the door and fell,” the suit says.

Georgia police department under investigation for allegedly using an image of a Black man as a shooting target during a safety class

“For twenty or more minutes, each deputy consciously and deliberately disregarded their specific duty to render medical attention,” the lawsuit says. When emergency medical personnel arrived, Jenkins was taken to a hospital and underwent multiple surgeries, the lawsuit states.

“Unfortunately, Jenkins has suffered permanent physical injuries, permanent cognitive damage, long-term psychological damage, permanent disfigurement, and impairment,” the suit says. Parker also sought medical attention for injuries suffered during the incident, according to the lawsuit.

CNN has reached out to Malik Shabazz, a lawyer for Jenkins and Parker, for comment.

The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation conducted an independent investigation, Bailey said. CNN has asked the MBI for details on the investigation.

The FBI Jackson Field Office, the US Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division, and the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Mississippi have opened a civil rights investigation into the incident. CNN has reached out to the US Department of Justice for comment.

The sheriff’s office has retained a compliance officer “for monitoring of our daily operations and to ensure our department remains compliant with all state and federal law,” Bailey said Tuesday.

• Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, C-Man said:

It's okay....the Fifth Circuit will find that the officers have qualified immunity because there's never been a case before specifically holding that raping a suspect with a dildo, throwing eggs at them, making them shower, and tasing them repeatedly is illegal.  Sure, maybe any ONE of those things....but not all of them at the same time.  So, the cops just didn't have clear, on-point legal authority telling them that sequence of conduct was wrong.

And also...I mean...the suspects were black.  So they were surely up to no good [this may be a footnote, or one of the concurrences -- let's see what the 5th has to say!]

38 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

God I hate cops so fucking much.

The standard is just too low now. Any shithead can be a cop. They no longer weed out stupid people that freak out over any little perceived slight. Being a cop used to be a very respectable profession. They have lost the trust of the public and don't seem very interested in earning it back.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/19/2023 at 1:36 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

totally different state, totally different person, and totally different circumstances, but a youtuber I watched a lot of during covid who posted how he was pulled over by the Wisconsin Police & Narcotics task force, convinced they had him.  

They didnt, but at least they didnt fucking rip his car apart like they did to the guy whose video I posted 2 weeks ago.

He's a wholesale reseller so all but 3 mins of the video relates to reselling.  The Fuck the Police part of being interesting happens from 0:30 t0 3:30 in his video which i will link below.

However, the unbelievable thing that the cop tells him as to why they think hes a for sure drug smuggler is that he was so calm and collected while being interrogated.

yes, you read that right. The cops  are now claiming that being calm is a "reasonable suspicion" because "drug cartels hire people who are cool and calm under pressure"  

Nevermind that historically on thousands of drug busts, where the cop says they had a reasonable suspicion due to someone being extra nervous and acting super strange and weird..

NOW the cops are saying that if you are super cool and relaxed, THATS now a red flag.  holy fuck.   

That literally covers the two most likely fucking moods anyone being pulled over would have. 

Either A) nervous as fuck because they dont want a ticket (and maybe doing something wrong)

or B) completely calm and acting normal because they think the cop is doing their job (and 99.999999999% of the time, not doing nor having done anything wrong)

I mean holy fuck, that means cops have an excuse that covers literally everything a driver could be. 

Be cooperative, thats suspicions, invoke your right to remain silent, thats TOTALLY suspicions, be nervous because you dont want a ticket and have your rates go up, totally suspicious, be super calm, totally suspicious.

link to the youtube  is in the bold above and

here if you want to watch the 30 second to 3 min mark.  reminder  the video itself isnt about the cops, its a guy talking about what he bought and sold ( legally).  but if you want to hear his detained by a cop description, have at it

Um, everything they say to you is a lie.  Fingerprints being definitive was always a lie.  They can arrest you for DUI even if you have a 0.0 on a breathalyzer.  They can and will arrest you for failing or passing their road side test.  They can and will claim they were threatened as they unload in your back.  They will choke you to death over a cigarette sale.   They will tell you to do conflicting things at the same time so they can just murder you in a hotel lobby even though you are unarmed, on camera trying to comply.  They will hear that a person is having a mental health crisis and they will show up ready to murder.   They even brag about getting laid after killing people.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 4

56 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's okay....the Fifth Circuit will find that the officers have qualified immunity because there's never been a case before specifically holding that raping a suspect with a dildo, throwing eggs at them, making them shower, and tasing them repeatedly is illegal.  Sure, maybe any ONE of those things....but not all of them at the same time.  So, the cops just didn't have clear, on-point legal authority telling them that sequence of conduct was wrong.

And also...I mean...the suspects were black.  So they were surely up to no good [this may be a footnote, or one of the concurrences -- let's see what the 5th has to say!]

Not to mention permanently debilitating one of the men who they shot in the mouth. Sounds like he's really fucked up.

I hope they get every last penny of the $400M they're suing for.

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Not to mention permanently debilitating one of the men who they shot in the mouth. Sounds like he's really fucked up.

I hope they get every last penny of the $400M they're suing for.

Do you even qualified immunity in the 5th Circuit, bro?  Edith Jones out front shoulda told ya.

• Rage+1 2

38 minutes ago, cattail said:

Serious question. How are those officers not under arrest? Seems a criminal act…

Oh....you seem to have the notion that law enforcement applies, you know, the law....to other LEOs.  You should disabuse yourself of that notion.  It is not the case.  See, something that would result in you or I being immediately arrested and possibly even held without bail, well, a cop can do that, and he's more likely to get a medal from his PD than to be arrested.

50 minutes ago, cattail said:

Serious question. How are those officers not under arrest? Seems a criminal act…

Cuz Miss-ippy

The San Antonio boys got arrested and charged with murder in a couple of days. Of course they made the critical mistake of having their body-cam cameras functional and on.

• Like 1

another ridic story.   its origin is from 5 years ago in Dearborn Michigan. ... we are just hearing about it now because the City lost a $9.3M lawsuit

slightly drunk 20 yo on a bicycle, stops to ask a cop for directions because hes lost coming from his friends apartment.

Cop gives directions. and the kid either doesnt understand (or maybe doesnt trust) the directions the cop gave him, or maybe he gets the munchies and leaves the cop behind and walks across the street to a white castle where he may or may not have been thinking about ordering 30 sliders, 5 fries and 4 large cherry cokes, and before doing that order, asks the employees for directions on how to get home.

Cop follows kid into white castle- asks what hes doing- he says "asking for directions" (white castle employess confirm that), and the cop is now pissed that the kid didnt believe him.   

cop starts verbally berating the kid, who is like, cool, peace out.  and leaves the store, cop gets more pissed, pursues and takes him down from his bike, slams him to the ground and starts choking him.  Kid has no idea what hes done wrong (spoiler alert, nothing, absolutely nothing wrong), and thinks the cop is going to choke him out, so he squirms away and runs away leaving his bike.   Cop now super pissed calls for extra backup because the kid fled from him.  the cabal of cops finds the kid and violently takes him to the ground, in the process breaking his leg in at least 5 places, also ripping all the tendons in his knee.   multiple surgeries later, kid has a permanent limp and cant get up stairs anymore.

The amazing thing here is the Dearborn Internal Affairs dept investigated and CONFIRMED it was an illegal stop, and that because of that the kid had every right to flee.  so now the city insurance pays $9.3M.  Cop isnt fired yet... 5 years is a long time you know.

you can watch the bodycam footage on this channel (which does have commentary as well)

• Rage+1 2

On 6/28/2023 at 12:30 PM, Pam Cummings said:

The standard is just too low now. Any shithead can be a cop. They no longer weed out stupid people that freak out over any little perceived slight. Being a cop used to be a very respectable profession. They have lost the trust of the public and don't seem very interested in earning it back.

None of this is right. Sorry man but cops in this country have always been abusive, racist, authoritarians. Black people out front shoulda told ya

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/28/2023 at 1:40 PM, Deej said:

How long ago was that? Frank Serpico was testifying about corrupt cops in 1971. Sometime in the 1800's, maybe? 

lol never.

some cops are good, sure, but as a body, they've been legal gangsters forever. it's part of the draw - the power of immunity for the power. any sort of badged authority figure deserves apprehension at the very least.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

None of this is right. Sorry man but cops in this country have always been abusive, racist, authoritarians.

Not quite right

The Andy Griffith Show': Don Knotts' Barney Fife Character Was Years in the  Making

There used to be more Andys than Barneys. Now Barneys are considered Andys.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

None of this is right. Sorry man but cops in this country have always been abusive, racist, authoritarians. Black people out front shoulda told ya

There has always been police abuse for sure. Always will be. But they didnt always have pure immunity for their actions, or an entire union whose sole job seems to be not getting rid of shitbag cops.

8 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

There has always been police abuse for sure. Always will be. But they didnt always have pure immunity for their actions, or an entire union whose sole job seems to be not getting rid of shitbag cops.

Yes they did. They didn’t need a union for their extortion racket.

Which cops were arrested during the civil rights protests? Which were arrested during Watts? How many cops were convicted of crimes anytime before the last 40 years?

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yes they did. They didn’t need a union for their extortion racket.

Which cops were arrested during the civil rights protests? Which were arrested during Watts? How many cops were convicted of crimes anytime before the last 40 years?

Ok sorry. Cops are all terrible and we should never trust them. They've never done anything good for anyone. What a nice attitude to have about things.

13 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Ok sorry. Cops are all terrible and we should never trust them. They've never done anything good for anyone. What a nice attitude to have about things.

When sarcasm is actually truth.  You've got it.

Simple question: if 10% of cops will beat your ass for no reason.....and the other 90%, something like 80% will back the criminal cop over the civilian....well, do the math.  Are "all cops" terrible?  Pretty damn close.

There are bad cops.  Then there are cops who side with the bad cops (which also makes them bad cops).  Then there are good cops....who are shunned by the rest of the cops and drummed out of the force if they are found out to betray the blue code.  I don't understand why that's so hard for some people to understand, other than it being willful ignorance.

33 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Is this a real post? I dunno why your feelings are hurt because I said cops have always been abusive and unaccountable. That’s just a fact about police in this country.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

When sarcasm is actually truth.  You've got it.

Simple question: if 10% of cops will beat your ass for no reason.....and the other 90%, something like 80% will back the criminal cop over the civilian....well, do the math.  Are "all cops" terrible?  Pretty damn close.

There are bad cops.  Then there are cops who side with the bad cops (which also makes them bad cops).  Then there are good cops....who are shunned by the rest of the cops and drummed out of the force if they are found out to betray the blue code.  I don't understand why that's so hard for some people to understand, other than it being willful ignorance.

Then there's my original point that all the stupid people arent being weeded out of the process which only adds more chaos. Idiots are unpredictable.

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Is this a real post? I dunno why your feelings are hurt because I said cops have always been abusive and unaccountable. That’s just a fact about police in this country.

Don't be "ohhh are your feelings hurt" guy. That's just cringe, and is the staple of a useless, pointless argument.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Then there's my original point that all the stupid people arent being weeded out of the process which only adds more chaos. Idiots are unpredictable.

Don't be "ohhh are your feelings hurt" guy. That's just cringe, and is the staple of a useless, pointless argument.

You didn’t make any argument. 

You didn’t make any argument. 

Right, because we actually agree, but because i made a post that had some semblance of seeing police as other humans instead of evil robots with a badge, you for some reason interpreted that as absolving them of all wrongdoing.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

You didn’t make some argument about cops being people too. You made the argument it used to be a respectable profession which is factually untrue unless you were upper class and white.

You made an excuse for why they are bad now while ignoring all historical context that they’ve always been bad.

No one said they are evil robots with a badge. You are projecting that argument entirely.

9 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

You didn’t make some argument about cops being people too. You made the argument it used to be a respectable profession which is factually untrue unless you were upper class and white.

You made an excuse for why they are bad now while ignoring all historical context that they’ve always been bad.

No one said they are evil robots with a badge. You are projecting that argument entirely.

Tell me, how does one measure "respectable"? Since i was "factually" incorrect about that? I was under the assumption that that was more of an opinion. And yes, my opinion is biased because i had friends whose parents were cops growing up and they were decent people. I respected what they did and as far as i know, they never were abusive.

I also have a friend who's sister became a cop and recently received an award because some dude she was chasing in a stolen car started shooting at her. I'm sorry i can't just be all like "fuck her" the way you can.

Edited by Pam Cummings

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Tell me, how does one measure "respectable"? Since i was "factually" incorrect about that? I was under the assumption that that was more of an opinion. And yes, my opinion is biased because i had friends whose parents were cops growing up and they were decent people. I respected what they did and as far as i know, they never were abusive.

I also have a friend who's sister became a cop and recently received an award because some dude she was chasing in a stolen car started shooting at her. I'm sorry i can't just be all like "fuck her" the way you can.

I mean I guess if you think abusing minorities, fabricating evidence, and acting outside the law is respectable then your opinion is valid.

You seem to not have the ability to distinguish between the individual and the whole.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

And yes, my opinion is biased because i had friends whose parents were cops growing up and they were decent people. I respected what they did and as far as i know, they never were abusive.

Emphasized to point you to reality.

Yes, that cop you know was probably plenty nice to you when you visited their house.  He made great burgers at the cookout.  He cracked funny jokes during the football game you watched.

And then, when he was in uniform, with his buddies....he was a cop.  He got rough with suspects.  He backed up his buddy who beat the shit out of a guy for not respecting him enough.

And then he came home and hugged his kids and cooked more delicious burgers.  THAT'S THE FUCKING PROBLEM.  There's a reason the term "the banality of evil" was coined.  They don't sit at home, twirling their night sticks and muttering about how they can't wait to get up and beat up more people.  

12 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Right, because we actually agree, but because i made a post that had some semblance of seeing police as other humans instead of evil robots with a badge, you for some reason interpreted that as absolving them of all wrongdoing.

Some of the finest men I knew growing up were police officers. They came over to my next door neighbor’s house and lifted weights. Back in the late 80’s it wasn’t if, it was when you got into a fight with a crackhead in Houston. I heard the craziest stories, especially about folks on angel dust. They were always worried about getting home to their family. Like we all are I suppose. 

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Emphasized to point you to reality.

Yes, that cop you know was probably plenty nice to you when you visited their house.  He made great burgers at the cookout.  He cracked funny jokes during the football game you watched.

And then, when he was in uniform, with his buddies....he was a cop.  He got rough with suspects.  He backed up his buddy who beat the shit out of a guy for not respecting him enough.

And then he came home and hugged his kids and cooked more delicious burgers.  THAT'S THE FUCKING PROBLEM.  There's a reason the term "the banality of evil" was coined.  They don't sit at home, twirling their night sticks and muttering about how they can't wait to get up and beat up more people.  

No, i'm pretty sure that's all a bunch of stuff that you made up in your head and you are projecting it onto 2 people that you never met, and would have no idea who they are as people.

Edited by Pam Cummings

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

No, i'm pretty sure that's all a bunch of stuff that you made up in your head and you are projecting it onto 2 people that you never met, and would have no idea who they are as people.

And you have no idea who they are as cops. That’s the entire fucking point

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I mean I guess if you think abusing minorities, fabricating evidence, and acting outside the law is respectable then your opinion is valid.

You seem to not have the ability to distinguish between the individual and the whole.

Cops died on 9/11 too, you know. They ran into those buildings and didn't come out.

And you have no idea who they are as cops. That’s the entire fucking point

No, it's not. You just want to be mad at something and this is an easy target.

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

You're right.  I just made up all of those times that cops break the law and abuse people.....and I DEFINITELY made up all the other cops who knew about it and covered for them.  But the cops you know...well, they were the special ones, the unicorns.

Here's a tip: I've known quite a few cops in my time as well.  The ones I KNEW were always good to me.  Fun to be around, drink beer with, hunt with, what have you.  And they also let slip JUST enough for me to realize that they were casually racist, abusive, etc. on the job.  Very rarely anything overt....just enough slipped because they trusted me and their lips got a bit loose with whiskey.  Had I been a child at the time, I doubt I would have seen or noticed anything but the nice guys they otherwise were.

You knew them in one context.  You did not know them in the "on the job" context.  I am sharing with you the fact that it is a well-known and consistent phenomenon for shitty people to be shitty in one context, and absolutely pleasant and kind in another.  There's a shitload of documentation on some of the worst nazis being quite kind to neighbors, children, etc.  Nobody is saying that people who regularly do evil can't also do good (e.g., running into the towers on 9/11).  In fact, that's the OPPOSITE of what we are saying -- nobody is purely evil, 100% of the time.  I know you don't want to believe that someone can be nice and kind at home, and then go out and be abusive and criminal, but the entire history of humanity tells us you have a willful blind spot.

Edited by Brisketexan