House of the Dragon

crash_davis

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

No, I took it as here's your moon tea and a bag of gold and now your ass is out of the Red Keep because we don't need you say Aegon is Rapeon. 

That was my first thought when the other gal brought the drink, but then later (with the hugging of the woman who came looking for the girl (Diana? I think that was her name),  for some reason I thought Alicent figured the dead tell no tales, and Aegon is just going to keep doing this so might as well send a message. Will create a staffing shortage though.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No, I took it as here's your moon tea and a bag of gold and now your ass is out of the Red Keep because we don't need you say Aegon is Rapeon. 

That's how she sold it.  Much easier to get the girl to take the poison if you hand her a bag of coins and tell her she needs to take the morning after tea.  The hug in the later scene confirmed it for me.

• Hook 'Em 3

Getting annoyed of the whole Rhynera's kids are a bastard stuff.  She is still lying to everyone (even her brunette sons I guess) and acts SO offended by the accusations still.  She is protected only because of her dad.  Homeboy should have kept his mouth shut, nobody cares that you announced it....because allegedly everyone has known for years. 

And why are all the black characters being killed off....

Aemond looks like a pure evil asshole. 

Need more (female) nudity.

10 hours ago, Augustus said:

I don't really like how they've set up the basis for the war as a ridiculous misunderstanding resulting from Viserys not knowing who he was talking to.

And we’re also supposed to believe Alicent hadn’t heard the story or about Viserys’s obsession with dreams and visions? There was war coming over succession no matter what, so the dying man game of telephone to explain her motivation seems dumb 

• Hook 'Em 1

i'm like 25 minutes into this episode and we're going backwards. this is that same daytime tv soap opera shit from the first six episodes, along with the super dark and difficult-to-see scenes, plus writing/acting that is super unoriginal and uninspiring.

i am however starting to have feelings for some of the characters, but not in any kind of good or meaningful way. i hated cersei because she was cruel and evil, and cunning and ambitious, and smart, and she ran shit, and she played the game to win. now i hate viserys because he's insufferable and needs to die. i hate alicent because he character is derivative and uninspiring. and i hate everyone else because they won't stop aging dramatically between episodes. blah. i'm back on the fence with this show.

The show is okay, most of the characters kinda suck and the story isn't that interesting, BUT Aemond is that dude.

He risked life and limb to subdue the dragon, lost an eye and didn't cry, is now a beast with them sticks as shown in the yard and I loved his reply to illustrate bigger picture vision and hunger "Ayo, don't care about your stupid dress-up mock court, dog. I'll let these blades sing in blood, bruh.".

Then he had a funny plausible deniability diss before he ate little brown hair boys weak little right cross like it was an hor devours.

The only guy he respects is the guy who sliced Vaemond's head like it was a cartoon ham, had him looking like Among Us with his head bone sliced in half.  And I think Daemon respects Aemond too with his similar hairstyle and personality and similar misshaped and unattractive face, as you saw with a little smirk and nod. The showdown will be cool with Daemon versus Aemond as Aemond will be the lead dog for Alicent in her battle as her creepy perverted eldest will just be a drunk pervert.

Edited by MeerkatBong

34 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

And we’re also supposed to believe Alicent hadn’t heard the story or about Viserys’s obsession with dreams and visions? There was war coming over succession no matter what, so the dying man game of telephone to explain her motivation seems dumb 

He only told rhey about it and literally said it was only passed down from king to heir. No way alicent knew. She thought he was talking about his own dream where his son was born with a crown. 

• Hook 'Em 3

That was my first thought when the other gal brought the drink, but then later (with the hugging of the woman who came looking for the girl (Diana? I think that was her name),  for some reason I thought Alicent figured the dead tell no tales, and Aegon is just going to keep doing this so might as well send a message. Will create a staffing shortage though.

The girl Alicent hugged was her daughter Healana - she’s also Aegon’s sister-wife.

I took the hug to mean “I’m so sorry your trusted maid had to be sent away because your brother-husband is a degenerate rapist. I’m sorry I made you marry him but I had to for political reasons.”
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

i'm like 25 minutes into this episode and we're going backwards. this is that same daytime tv soap opera shit from the first six episodes, along with the super dark and difficult-to-see scenes, plus writing/acting that is super unoriginal and uninspiring.

i am however starting to have feelings for some of the characters, but not in any kind of good or meaningful way. i hated cersei because she was cruel and evil, and cunning and ambitious, and smart, and she ran shit, and she played the game to win. now i hate viserys because he's insufferable and needs to die. i hate alicent because he character is derivative and uninspiring. and i hate everyone else because they won't stop aging dramatically between episodes. blah. i'm back on the fence with this show.

What are people watching the show on?  I have no issues w it being too dark on my screen.  And I definitely had those issues w the last couple GoT episodes. 
Also, the writing blows away what was going on at the end of GoT.  I feel they may be pushing the set up too much but I’ll give them that leeway if we have a few great seasons coming up…

edit:  I do agree on the aging issues.  Some are new actors and obviously much older while others have found the fountain of youth.  I said HBO has the budget to do better.  Rhaenyra new vs old was jarring…

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, MeerkatBong said:

And I think Daemon respects Aemond too

That was my leaning as well. If not respect, then realizing the similarities--second sons, risk-takers, and somewhat pragmatic. IMO, the character of Daemon, for all his faults, appears to recognize some of the faults and flaws in others w/o being all sanctimonious about it. It seemed to me as if he recognized what Corlys was saying about the name versus the bloodline in the sense that what did it matter if Jacaryus and Luceryus (sp?) and Joeffrey were not Laaenor's. If the king says they are and he is in power then that is what they are. As long as they are loyal to House Targaryon, then they rule and can make the rules. Daemon defended House Targaryon when Vaemond insulted power.

43 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Just a quick fuck you to GRRM for making all the names the same. Confusing as hell.

Still have a ways to go on House George Foreman, but I agree, the Aegons are running a tab and the bill is coming due.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That was my leaning as well. If not respect, then realizing the similarities--second sons, risk-takers, and somewhat pragmatic. IMO, the character of Daemon, for all his faults, appears to recognize some of the faults and flaws in others w/o being all sanctimonious about it. It seemed to me as if he recognized what Corlys was saying about the name versus the bloodline in the sense that what did it matter if Jacaryus and Luceryus (sp?) and Joeffrey were not Laaenor's. If the king says they are and he is in power then that is what they are. As long as they are loyal to House Targaryon, then they rule and can make the rules. Daemon defended House Targaryon when Vaemond insulted power.

Still have a ways to go on House George Foreman, but I agree, the Aegons are running a tab and the bill is coming due.

Respect yes but also had “fool you about to get smoked” vibe

i don’t mind the aging thing  the new rhaenerya is growing on me 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Ohhhh. I missed seeing that it was her. Thank you. Rep for the sharp eyes. I still thought Alicent gave her poison though.

That girl is dead.  This is House of the Dragon not the Crown.  I disliked the Crown because the real royals don't take care of problems before they become problems.

Edited by Jerry Callo
singular dragon

30 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

That girl is dead.  This is House of the Dragon not the Crown.  I disliked the Crown because the real royals don't take care of problems before they become problems.

I have enjoyed The Crown because the acting is pretty stellar all around. But the old Crown (Henry VIII et al) seemed comfortable enough with heading off problems....

• Hook 'Em 1

Well heaven forbid that a show whose central conflict is between two women actually tell the story from a female perspective, right??

Right. This is the difference between key characters in a good original story being strong and also women, vs a corporation setting out with a bullhorn and a message.

Viserys was in desperate need of a bacta tank. Dude looked worse off than Anakin at the end of RotS.

I will say that I found his dinner speech moving. He genuinely loved his entire family dining at the table despite the division. Although once you realize everyone was related and married or engaged to their fellow kin folk it was weird as fuck.

Jon Snow is the descendent of a bunch of inbreed hillbillies. Really puts things into perspective.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

From what I have seen in video recaps, the real shit goes down later in Dance of Dragons but they have to set it all up.  And these time jumps are necessary to speed it up. But I hate trying to figure out what happened between these gaps. So many pregnancies and kids. They are pretty vague about stuff that happened. And sometimes they don’t say shit so they just let us ask each other in this thread.  All these kids do setup for more dragon riders. 

Between the time jumps and everyone having some minor iteration of the same name, everyone looking/dressing the same, everyone being related, it's been very difficult to follow what's happening and connect with the characters. I find myself pausing the show at least half a dozen times an episode to google "who is XXXXXX". It took me a minute to figure out that Vaemond wasn't Corlys #NoKatfid 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, F250 said:

Viserys was in desperate need of a bacta tank. Dude looked worse off than Anakin at the end of RotS.

I will say that I found his dinner speech moving. He genuinely loved his entire family dining at the table despite the division. Although once you realize everyone was related and married or engaged to their fellow kin folk it was weird as fuck.

Jon Snow is the descendent of a bunch of inbreed hillbillies. Really puts things into perspective.

I believe GRRM claimed to be a reader of history and court drama and perhaps he and the writers drew inspiration from Henry VIII's last speech given to parliament (1545) about a year before he passed. It's a long speech and heavy on religion but towards the end it tracks with a similar sentiment as good old Viserys.

Excerpt:

Therefore, as I said before, be in charity one with another, like brother and brother; love, dread, and serve God (to the which I, as your supreme head and sovereign lord, exhort and require you); and then I doubt not but that love and bonds, which I spoke of in the beginning, shall never be dissolved or broken between us. And, as touching the laws which be now made and concluded, I exhort you, the makers, to be as diligent in putting them into execution as you were in making and furthering them, or else your labor shall be in vain, and your commonwealth nothing relieved.

Henry was in bad shape but the full speech recalled the charismatic Henry of younger days.

I can see why the show runners might wish to incorporate some of that sentiment into the episode.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

the season finale is this sunday?  seems like not much happened this season.  and i totally disbelieve that the heir to the iron throne would be so passive and naive, especially with a badass warrior husband.   everyone knows alicent and her dad are trying to undermine her rule, she walks back into her childhood home and its redecorated with alicents symbols, alicent is sitting in the position of the king at all council meetings, and acting as the king, and rhaenyra just says i think i'll go back to dragonstone.  fuck dragonstone.  she should have never left the red keep, she should have never let any of this happen.  if you're the heir to the kingdom act like it, don't let your enemy act like it instead.  makes no sense.  she comes off as if she has no plan and no clue what's going on around her.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MeerkatBong said:

How long is the gestation stage of dragons in an egg? 250 years?

Not sure. When Jorah gave them as a gift, I believe he said something about them being fossilized and would never hatch.

I can't remember exactly how long there had been no dragons in GOT but I figure it has to be getting close to that window.

1 hour ago, RexWilson said:

The three dragon eggs Daemon got at the beginning of the episode, are they the 3 that Dany eventually get in GOT?

I don't know, but it was Rhaenyra's dragon that produced them and I believe Daemon was going to place each with his three children with her: the two small children already born plus the one Rhaenyra is carrying. All of her sons with Harwin have dragons or at least we know the two oldest do plus Joeffrey has an egg (the scene with Harwin Strong, Laenor, her sons and the baby). I believe it was only Alicent's son Aemond who did not have a dragon (don't know about her daughter) plus one of Daemon's daughters had an egg that did not hatch. With the conversation she was having with her mother, Laena, I was left thinking that the egg placed with the baby usually hatches by a certain time, hence the young girl's dismay. So, it makes me question that those three new eggs then reappear much much later.

12 hours ago, F250 said:

Boomer!

3 hours ago, RexWilson said:

Not sure. When Jorah gave them as a gift, I believe he said something about them being fossilized and would never hatch.

I can't remember exactly how long there had been no dragons in GOT but I figure it has to be getting close to that window.

I saw a video recap that explained Dany’s 3 eggs are supposed to be linked to 3 eggs that are later stolen from one of the dragons in this time period. And forget about remembering all these kids names. Dragon’s names are even harder to recall and tell apart. 

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't know, but it was Rhaenyra's dragon that produced them and I believe Daemon was going to place each with his three children with her: the two small children already born plus the one Rhaenyra is carrying. All of her sons with Harwin have dragons or at least we know the two oldest do plus Joeffrey has an egg (the scene with Harwin Strong, Laenor, her sons and the baby). I believe it was only Alicent's son Aemond who did not have a dragon (don't know about her daughter) plus one of Daemon's daughters had an egg that did not hatch. With the conversation she was having with her mother, Laena, I was left thinking that the egg placed with the baby usually hatches by a certain time, hence the young girl's dismay. So, it makes me question that those three new eggs then reappear much much later.

Seems like they can trigger gestation. I recall that they place the egg in the cradle/bed with the child and they hope it hatches. Aemond's and Daemond's daughter's (I'm sure it has an "ae" in her name somewhere) eggs didn't hatch.

6 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Between the time jumps and everyone having some minor iteration of the same name, everyone looking/dressing the same, everyone being related, it's been very difficult to follow what's happening and connect with the characters. I find myself pausing the show at least half a dozen times an episode to google "who is XXXXXX". It took me a minute to figure out that Vaemond wasn't Corlys #NoKatfid 

Some of y'all need to put your phones down and pay attention when the show is on.  Shit isn't that hard.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/9/2022 at 11:58 PM, Augustus said:

I don't really like how they've set up the basis for the war as a ridiculous misunderstanding resulting from Viserys not knowing who he was talking to.  I wondered why they were making it seem as if Alicent was sincerely forgiving, and desiring to reconcile with Rhaenyra.  Just so they could pull the rug out from under everyone with the Ice/Fire prophecy.  Ah well, it is what it is.

Sometimes, shit is just this simple.  I thought it was an elegant way to bring Alicent back into conflict with Rhaenyra.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, irishtexan said:

YARN | Now imagine she's white. | A Time to Kill (1996 ...

then yall would be really confused.

Edited by kingkoopa6