This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

5 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Losers Lose....PAC 12 losers lose spectacularly.    again, we couldn't read wikipedia.  all this shit was common knowledge.

Whichever consulting company we hire for coaching searches completely failed us. Not having a single victory when down at halftime is a huge red flag. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

So, tell me that he’s setting us up for that huge 2nd Year Bounce, after which we extend his contract by 5 years and up his salary by 50%?

We are.

He's got one chance at "Look at all this available playing time!" pitch.

He play calling has not been bad, there have been guys open and our QBs are not good enough to consistently deliver or the OL is not good enough to protect.

Defense is shitty.  Personally I see it as 60-40 execution and talent as the problem.

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

Revenue will also plummet which raises the question will it be enough to off-set Sark’s pay-off?

The revenue isn't going to drop off. The question is did anyone consider the downside if you had to fire a failed HC after year 1. Hes getting 3 at a min because I would hope we priced on a firing after 3 years. 

Just now, dcar00 said:

The revenue isn't going to drop off. The question is did anyone consider the downside if you had to fire a failed HC after year 1. Hes getting 3 at a min because I would hope we priced on a firing after 3 years. 

Guess we will see but don’t see fans buying much gear when they suck this bad.

20 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Exactly. Cant show improvement winning 7 next year if you win 7 this year.

Steve is very cleaver. Go 4-8 in year one making 7-5 year two seem like he’s killing it.  And we are just stupid enough to throw a raise at him and 2 more year extension. 

I haven’t watched a second of this guy speak since OU. I don’t know what his message and demeanor have been. Does he own his shit show or does he tell us how great Kansas is?  Before the next historically embarrassing loss, does he tell us what a great week of practice they’ve had and how everyone is bought in?  Most importantly do we still find him to be humble and sincere and do we still find it to be refreshing?   

9 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Now he is 0-21 when trailing at halftime. 

4 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Whichever consulting company we hire for coaching searches completely failed us. Not having a single victory when down at halftime is a huge red flag. 

I think the actual stat is  "when trailing at half by 10 pts or more." You can check game logs from his first several seasons at Washington and find a handful of games where he was trailing at half by like 7 pts or less and ended up winning. Its still a surprising stat at "10 pts." Dont get me wrong.... he's certainly a disaster and needs to go as soon as possible. 

Edited by Blotto

Myself and a few others on here said from the beginning that this was not a good hire.  [mention=429]closetojumping[/mention] was one.
Is this staff who you want coaching the in the SEC two years from now?

Go look at the “Tom Herman is fired” thread.

The majority of posts are basically “wtf is this shit this is gonna suck.” We tried to talk ourselves into optimism, and to be fair things like the PK hire were never expected to turn out like this, but the gut reaction looks to have been right.
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Lucid said:

spacer.png

you could have prevented this..

spacer.png

Mack Brown took someone else’s shit personnel (a team that went 4-7 the year before, despite Ricky FUCKING WILLIAMS) and won 9 games WITH A FUCKING FRESHMAN QB.

Edited by lilMAC25

25 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Mack Brown took someone else’s shit personnel (a team that went 4-7 the year before, despite Ricky FUCKING WILLIAMS) and won 9 games WITH A FUCKING FRESHMAN QB.

Quentin Jammer, Casey Hampton, Leonard Davis, Ricky Williams. Far from "shit" personnel. Much better than what Sark inherited.

• Hook 'Em 1