Texas BBQ

Washpark

15 hours ago, Deej said:

Pre-order. There's no bigger pet peeve of mine than fuckers in a bbq line who spend an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out what they once they make the front of the line. What in the fuck were you doing the entire time in line?

And it’s not like it’s the fucking Cheesecake Factory. There’s like 10 fucking items from which to choose.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Deej said:

Pre-order. There's no bigger pet peeve of mine than fuckers in a bbq line who spend an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out what they once they make the front of the line. What in the fuck were you doing the entire time in line?

This is in no way exclusive to BBQ joints. I find it's even more common at popular "order at the counter" coffee shops/bakeries. There is a giant menu on the wall, printed menus in a basket by the door, and you can literally see all the pastries and shit while you're in line. And yet people (i. e. women, especially older women) will wait until they get to the cashier and then start trying to figure out what they want and asking inane questions. 

14 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

This is in no way exclusive to BBQ joints. I find it's even more common at popular "order at the counter" coffee shops/bakeries. There is a giant menu on the wall, printed menus in a basket by the door, and you can literally see all the pastries and shit while you're in line. And yet people (i. e. women, especially older women) will wait until they get to the cashier and then start trying to figure out what they want and asking inane questions. 

They are too busy looking at their phones most of the time.

56 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

2nd only to the people that wait for hours in bbq line just to order one chopped beef sandwich 

I waited in line for four hours at snow’s once and the guy in front of me was a hipster cunt and ordered a “slice of brisket” and then had them punch his tour of texas bbq card or whatever.  true story. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, futureman said:

I waited in line for four hours at snow’s once and the guy in front of me was a hipster cunt and ordered a “slice of brisket” and then had them punch his tour of texas bbq card or whatever.  true story. 

No judge in Texas would have convicted you had you roughed him up a bit.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Deej said:

They are too busy looking at their phones most of the time.

And this wins the internet today.  Even though scanning a menu into said phone is an option at may places, missing the latest facebook post or responding to the latest tweet with infinite wisdom takes priority. 😈

Edited by pch

3 hours ago, futureman said:

I'm gonna look up the incident report and read about the bludgeoning you delivered.

38 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’m a little confused about this guy deserving a beating.  I understand in principle, but at a place that runs out of everything, one more lucky person behind him in line got brisket that day.

Did you get your punch card filled?

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Did you get your punch card filled?

If I stand in a line for a few hours to eat bbq I’m not dropping less than $100.  When it’s a destination place in the middle of nowhere I probably have a few people with me, so multiply that by the number of people present.  Order too much and take the leftovers home.

10 hours ago, pch said:

And this wins the internet today.  Even though scanning a menu into said phone is an option at may places, missing the latest facebook post or responding to the latest tweet with infinite wisdom takes priority. 😈

I got behind some girl once who made the front of the line and spent 5 minutes taking pictures for her Instagram before even thinking about ordering. Oh how I wish that had been at Stabby John's place. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, futureman said:

I waited in line at Snow's once for 11 hours and the guy in front of was carrying a jar of mayonnaise and was apoplectic about some dude in front of him with a punch card. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Deej said:

I got behind some girl once who made the front of the line and spent 5 minutes taking pictures for her Instagram before even thinking about ordering. Oh how I wish that had been at Stabby John's place. 

JM would have shown her where his nickname came from, maybe even taking a selfie with her while doing so, you know, for sentimental reasons cause he was such a sensitive guy😎

Truth was top notch today.  Stood in line because I'm old school like that.  

Though if we were to rank pet peeves, people cutting > slow ordering.  

I've started to just walk ahead of people who are right in front of me and allow people to cut.  Today, we were already in the inside part of the line with life-saving a/c when 5 people barreled past everyone in line outside and then ahead of us to join their law firm coworkers that were directly in front of us.  I just told all of those folks  "we are going to go ahead and get in front of all of you" and just walked ahead of them.  They were not amused (and said so in their lawyerly way) but I'm fine being Larry David in this situation.  Sorry, not sorry.

And yes, online ordering saves you from that too.  So maybe yall have something there.....

Ps their Brussel sprouts were on fire delish today

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Did he expect Tootsie herself to punch his little card? I would have hoped she came out with a glowing coal and put it down his pants.

I wonder if it was one of those cards you had to get punched and initialed so it didn’t look like it was a fake punch.  

53 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

she rates all bbq places on their potato salad 

I don't rate a place based on it, but it's a "go to" side for me.  Y'all can have all the beans.

I don't really go there much since there are much better places that are closer/equidistant, but Goode Co. had re/has really good potato salad. 

Edited by Tylerocks
  • Like 1

I don't rate a place based on it, but it's a "go to" side for me.  Y'all can have all the beans.
I don't really go there much since there are much better places that are closer/equidistant, but Goode Co. had re/has really good potato salad. 

I wish there were a Goode Co outlet of each variety up here in Ft Worth.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

she rates all bbq places on their potato salad 

Interstellar had a pimento cheese red potato salad at one point.  It was damn good.  I haven't seen it there again.  I tried to replicate it once, but didn't wait until the potatoes had fully cooled and the cheese melted.  Still tasted good.

On 7/13/2022 at 10:12 AM, futureman said:

Did that set you back a whole lot?