Texas BBQ

Washpark

8 hours ago, elfenix said:

Far west San Antonio or corpus are areas in need of quality bbq 

15 minutes ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

For all you Houston folks, Tejas Barbecue trailer will be at my brewery at 5pm this evening. Great opportunity to sample their wares without driving all the way to Tomball.

Great Heights Brewing Company
938 Wakefield Dr

Username checks out  

14 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I was in Austin visiting a friend and he wanted me to try the smoked burger at Moreno. Of course I had to get some brisket and sausage as I had not eaten there before. Burger was excellent as was the brisket. Sausage was good but not mind blowing. 

And the brisket? 

I've been meaning to get down there to try the smoked chicken in particular, but they're typically sold out on weekdays by the time I can leave work.  Maybe tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I was in Austin visiting a friend and he wanted me to try the smoked burger at Moreno. Of course I had to get some brisket and sausage as I had not eaten there before. Burger was excellent as was the brisket. Sausage was good but not mind blowing. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3f23ce46b36711d32dd66161c09986e1.jpeg

They put out good product.  Sausage is always meh.  Pork ribs depend on the day.  Not saying bad, just varies from OK to excellent.

I have issues with Terry Black's for that reason.  I don't order ribs there any more.  Too much else that's good to great.

Edited by SizzleChest

My son and I hit InterStellar on the way back to Dallas from San Antonio today. Got in line at 12:10 or so and placed order at 1:30. Line moved pretty slow. The food was fantastic and got to meet John and talk to him for a bit after we ate. Good dude.

9d8ae8dcffa8cfc3427178d2df55aa05.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

We went to Corkscrew in Old Town Spring today. Brisket was very good, but the beef rib was disappointingly dried out. Their potato salad was more like super garlic chunky mashed potatoes. Mac’n’cheese and peach and apple cobblers were strong. 

Super garlicky potato salad, you say…?

You might be in for a fun night. Let us know you’re still alive today. 

The Smoking Oak. Went for dinner

Glazed Spare Ribs - may be best ribs ive ever had

Sausage - standard

Chopped Beef (they were outta sliced brisket) - awful. Couldnt even finish it

Fried rib tips - good. Huge portion

service was awesome but my family were the only people there at 530 on a friday. Worth a stop i guess if you are in Mercedes

Hit up Burnt Beam for the second time yesterday. Still think the barbacoa (Sunday only - get there early) I got the first time I went was my best bite, but everything I had yesterday was very good. Might be favorite brisket since prime Shoeless Joe. Fresh tortillas didn’t make the pic, but they were also excellent.

ABCBE681-ACDB-4975-9863-844173FCE467.jpeg

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Like 3

On 6/12/2022 at 3:37 AM, Texzilla58 said:

What did they charge for that rib? Goldee’s is now $40 a bone.

if someone is going to sell at a very high price, isn't #1 the place that should be doing it?

can't say i ever blame #1 (or anyone in the top 10) for charging more

if someone is going to sell at a very high price, isn't #1 the place that should be doing it?
can't say i ever blame #1 (or anyone in the top 10) for charging more

I was using Goldee’s as a benchmark, high as that might be. If Dickeys were to offer a beef rib at $40 a bone I would know they are smoking dope, as I know they aren’t smoking meat.

Any Texan that patronizes a godforsaken shithole Dickeys even just to take a shit on the restroom floor is doing a disservice to Texas and disrespecting all the brave Texicans slain at the Alamo and Goliad. Fuck that place.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/11/2022 at 8:24 PM, tfoolry said:

New place in Farmers Branch.  Crossbuck. 
Legit beef rib. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0c60e66a14164142469773de5d3cfe9a.jpeg

Damn I looked it up and they set up shop RIGHT next door to Cattleack. If their shit is subpar they won't be there long, but then again Dickie's somehow survives 

Edited by TankedBevo

B. Cooper BBQ

don’t remember seeing this place mentioned here; I wanted to try it mainly because they have smoked lamb. unfortunately he’s been having trouble getting lamb lately (says he smokes a “lamb breast” and not the leg; sometimes hard to get apparently) though he says he has it most of the time. today he did not. but the rest of it was incredible. I’ve had a lot of brisket over many years and this truly may have been the best I’ve ever tasted. buttery fat and perfect flavor. he’s located right off 7th street near springdale in a lot behind where distant relatives used to be. he’s been there for a few years and gets zero pub and my buddy and I were the only ones there for the first hour he was open.

if you are looking for a new place to try go and see him.

09064F4A-4613-4A40-A3EA-48BA1713DA26.jpeg

AAF7432B-F523-4E90-8EEB-BCCD03807C3F.jpeg

F67391CE-DED9-464D-9B4A-538C6B4420EC.jpeg

09D984E4-B910-426E-A0CB-4A55ED7F19ED.jpeg

676F4491-C557-433A-93DC-E4B185589725.jpeg

72BFEEA6-E6C8-46F2-9308-454C9DD1EAA3.jpeg

00631537-2F20-495D-9B4F-553B083F156D.jpeg

4FF25CD4-9B9A-4399-97DB-B604EE5F6A6A.jpeg

6AEAD901-71B0-4BF2-9115-EF9C37B756CD.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

44 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Damn I looked it up and they set up shop RIGHT next door to Cattleack. If their shit is subpar they won't be there long, but then again Dickie's somehow survives 

It’s in same parking lot as Odd Muse Brewery & very close to Cattleack.  A notch below Cattleack but way above dickies. I’ll definitely be going back.  

If you want some Sunbird BBQ they will be set up in Dallas this Sunday for Father's Day. 

https://twitter.com/sunbirdbbq/status/1537211870557483010?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1537211870557483010|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpublish.twitter.com%2F%3Fquery%3Dhttps3A2F2Ftwitter.com2Fsunbirdbbq2Fstatus2F1537211870557483010widget%3DTweet

Yes I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to insert a link. 

Edited by DallasSooner
  • Hook 'Em 1

Anybody getting hungry traveling through Bell County on 95, check out Li'l Armadillo BBQ in Holland. Kirby makes some dang good que from his truck biz. I haven't been to this location yet, but used to visit regularly at his Temple location a couple of years ago. I'd rather have his brisket and ribs, and some of the best Charro beans ever, than the snooty overpriced tourist joints in Belton. Look him up on facebook where they post their hours. 

I gotta get over there soon but it's a bit of a drive on $5 gallon gas and shit.

I’m in Salado pretty often, will hit him up. Don’t have Facebook, do you know his days/hours?

Closed Tuesday and Wednesday. Thurs, Fri and Sat 11:00-7:00 Sunday and Monday 11-5

Who had the bbq trailer in Temple out on Adams a few years ago?

Edited by RMac5

2 hours ago, RMac5 said:

I’m in Salado pretty often, will hit him up. Don’t have Facebook, do you know his days/hours?

Closed Tuesday and Wednesday. Thurs, Fri and Sat 11:00-7:00 Sunday and Monday 11-5

Who had the bbq trailer in Temple out on Adams a few years ago?

Same guy, used to set up on Saturdays. They kept getting the business from the city making up new rules and stuff, jumping through hoops, and had some health problems, then covid hit and stuff. 

They just started back up in Holland a couple of weeks ago and are still trying to figure out what their regular hours are going to be.

17 hours ago, DallasSooner said:

We didn’t need the clarification on you being an idiot.  User name gets that out of the way right up front.