Oklahoma @ Kansas

Constant

This is a crazy situation and I don't know the exact rules. The ball crossed the line of scrimmage but Brooks didn't. The ball was officially a forward pass, I think, because there was never an unintentional loss of possession (i.e., fumble). I think that this is a legal play statistically as a pass from Brooks to Williams, unfortunately.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Wesley said:

I think it's a legal play.

I also think it's rotten as fuck to take away a KU TD for a veeeery marginal hold 20 yards away from the play while ignoring OU receivers holding on the edge right in front of the runner.... like, for example, just a few snaps ago.

So many missed holds against OU.  Water is wet.   I'll never understand how they get every break every fucking game including BS like that last play. Truly unbelievable

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

The question I have is did he cross the line of scrimmage and then get pushed back behind it. That would have seemed to make it illegal. But it was close.

It was close, but he definitely crossed the line of scrimmage before getting pushed back.

Just now, dcar00 said:

another hold uncalled.

It really is damn near every fucking play.  I don't understand how coaches in this conference haven't all agreed to just send in every fucking hold on tape to Bowlsby's band of dumb fucks weekly.   It's been going on for 15 years

• Hook 'Em 1

You're not across the line of scrimmage until your entire body is past it. 

Not sure that is accurate. Otherwise a QB throwing a ball that goes beyond the line of scrimmage and it gets batted back to him could legally throw it again.

Maybe you are right but line issues always seem more to be about where the ball is.