NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Over under on Juwan saying someone called him a racial slur 

Your race baiting attempt fails. Howard said coach “unnecessarily touched him” in the handshake line which set everything off. But I’ll admit even I didn’t think he’d go with what’s basically a molestation excuse. 

So this is the difference in coach beard coming out to address a idiot fan and walking off and then Howard not agreeing with a coach calling a timeout and starting something with the coach and staff. I mean I think a lot of it has to do with his frustrations on his team being 14-11 and not playing to their top potential so now you start getting mad about other coaches essentially just taking a knee instead of calling a timeout. If you don’t like being down by that much then play better and you wouldn’t care if a coach takes a timeout or not. 

7 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Apparently this is the only place Juwan Howard, and his weak jab can be discussed, per Pancho......... odd.

He should be fired, if the other coach took a swing first so should he.

Shaka isn’t here anymore so you can go back to your VCU boards.  

• Hook 'Em 2

The whole "he threw a punch!" thing is pretty dumb. He didn't throw a punch. He tried to grab the dude's head to pull him closer to keep yelling at him (for whatever dumbass reason he wanted to do that). He ridiculously overreacted to the situation but I wouldn't say he needs to be fired just from this alone.

Rutgers / Purdue is fun. Jaden Ivey is really good, just demoralized the entire Rutgers team on one play.

Both teams are filled with explosive players, with hops, playing above the rim and all that. Makes you understand how much we need something like that at Texas when we don't have one player with that sort of athleticism.

Howard was gonna walk by him without shaking hands and the Wiscy coach put a hand on his elbow, to try to stop him, probably wanting to explain why he called it. Howard pulls on his mask to say something at about the same time. Howard probably said something else and then wiscy coach responded angrily.

It all happens pretty quick.  I didn't see what happened in the game before the TO but the guy said they only had 4 seconds to get the ball across the line so he called TO to reset the clock.  how did they get in that position to only have 4 secs to get the ball across the line?

maybe we should start a thread "Coach Howard, please show me where the Wisconsin coach touched you".

16 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

So Howard says the game is over, continues to pressure even so, gets pissed at Gard for calling a timeout, loses it and decides that Gard calling a timeout is worth throwing a panty waste open hand at a Wisconsin assistant? 

Fucking cunt.

so he was pressuring with 10 seconds left in a 14 point game?  what a dipshit.

53 minutes ago, goatsaag said:

The whole "he threw a punch!" thing is pretty dumb. He didn't throw a punch. He tried to grab the dude's head to pull him closer to keep yelling at him (for whatever dumbass reason he wanted to do that). He ridiculously overreacted to the situation but I wouldn't say he needs to be fired just from this alone.

this is fucking hilarious.  he wasn't trying to pull the guy closer to yell at him.  he was doing the NBA don't throw a closed fist thing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

Why, cuz he’s a colored and they all do that? I’ll bet 1K he doesn’t say anything about race at all. Fuck you, loser….

Colored ?   What are you 80. Eat a dick pussy we preferred to be called African American 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

10 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Gard’s explanation. Sounds reasonable with Howard pressing against the reserves, down 15 at the end of the game

It sounds like Gard was coaching to the end just like Howard but only one got his panties in a wad because he was getting pounded.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Colored ?   What are you 80. Eat a dick pussy we preferred to be called African American 

As I had to explain to my elderly father a few years ago who THOUGHT he was saying the acceptable, appropriate thing…

Person of color:  ok

Colored person:  NOT ok

Poor guy truly thought he was saying the first when saying the second. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

He should get fired for that, to hell with suspension.

Yep. You don’t skate on shit like that in today’s college landscape. Certainly not at a school like Michigan. 

i'm old enough to have watched John Chaney, Bob Knight, John Thompson, Frank Martin, Gregg Marshall, etc. all coaching. hell, i've even seen Bill Laimbeer as head coach, and i've never seen anything like this before. for Howard to pull this crap, starting an all out brawl that could have turned really really bad, as a third year coach, just shows so much how out of his element he is as a college HC. just baffling. 

Didn’t pay attention to it but were the reserves in for UM?  If he was still pressing with starters in, then fuck him.  If he was pressing with bench players but gets upset that other coach called timeout to help out his bench players, then fuck him.   I don’t know if it’s just the SEC doing it, both men and women, but they’ve been doing the hand acknowledgement to other bench at end of games,  either do that or learn the Tom Crean blow by. 

May have been missed on here but JH got T’d up for inadvertently touching a ball in play the other night, he had thought the ball had been kicked and stepped out on court to stop it rolling past his bench.  Thought it was rather humorous, shades of Holiday Bowl several years ago. 

Edited by Underdog

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i feel bad for the players who will get suspended. ive watched it over and over again, and none of them are really aggressors, they just find themselves in the middle of absolute mayhem, and decide they need to defend themselves. again, crazy irresponsible from Howard. 

Howard should be canned but there were 1-2 Michigan players that did a 5-second imitation of Stephen Jackson on some Wisc players. I won’t feel the slightest bit of discomfort if his (their) season(s) is/are over. 

1 hour ago, goatsaag said:

Of course he does. First, he would’ve punched him if he wasn’t, you know, Juwan Howard. Second, he incited a scrum filled with teenager and early 20s college students that would’ve been much worse if not for the level heads of his staff and the Wisc staff. Lol at Howard trying to “pull him closer to keep yelling at him”. Who does that?  Go home, you’re drunk. 

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

No, I was just quoting you saying he deserves punishment. Does that mean firing  ? Fines ? Suspensions ?

It could mean any one of those. It’s clear that regardless of what we might learn about what prompted his behavior, he needs to be punished.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Lol then I’ll bet you 1K Juwan Howard doesn’t bring race up at all, you African American loser. My money’s ready, is yours?

Edited by immamac
Got a day off.
  • Fuck You 3