[Game Thread] Texas at Baylor 11am on ABC

GreenspointTexas

1 minute ago, bullet said:

That was more on Casey.  He threw it behind him.

Moore still should have at least knocked it down if not caught it, but that was difficult.

Yea, it's tough to catch a ball that you get both of your hands on.

Definitely not a perfect throw, but high school JV players should and can make that catch

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Defense is actually giving you a good game and getting some turnovers. Offense is shitting the bed but at least we’re only up 4 so we can’t blow a double digit lead for once.

Defense is having one of their best games of the year. Offense is playing great, minus one cretin

If Sark is half the offensive mind he’s alleged to be, we come out and run a deep go route every fucking play. We left 14 on the field and that’s being generous. These rapey fucks can’t hang with Worthy or even Josh “I just ate popcorn” Moore. Burn the everloving fuck out of them where they have to drop everyone in coverage and watch Bijan go apeshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

He isn't...that was more on Moore on the INT but it was the wrong read and slightly behind him.  He's a one read guy, locks in and that's it.  

He also has 3 defenders in the backfield 2 seconds after the ball is snapped every other down.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Defense is actually giving you a good game and getting some turnovers. Offense is shitting the bed but at least we’re only up 4 so we can’t blow a double digit lead for once.

Let's hope the defense doesn't go AWOL in the second half or fourth quarter. It's almost a guaranteed at this point.

Evidence of changes:

• 4 targets to the Burnt Ends
  • Multiple guys losing playing time on defense to 41, 4, and 1
  • more true 3-4
  • more Alfred Collins

Not saying we don't suck or these shouldn't have happened sooner but the corches seem to be corching over the bye week.

I like the effort.

Hope it pays off with a win.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Casey needs to also throw a better ball on a short pass like that.  He threw a hard pass behind Moore.  Moore seems pretty fragile.  We are missing Whittington badly. 

Did you watch the fucking play?  Do you understand WHY the ball was thrown like that?  It wasn't a great throw, but under duress he got it to his WR and he SHOULD have caught it.

Jesus this board isn't just stupid, it's fucking regarded at times.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

we have missed 2 TD passed  this is 28-10 bullshit

This is what I am clinging to from this first half. Sark is calling a hell of a game, the defense is looking much improved (I know, let’s see how they do in the second half), we just need some better players out there. He can sell this to recruits if they are watching this game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

There's more to it than that.  He has made some bad reads too.  He has missed picking up the right receiver numerous times. I'd give him a B so far

Overrated.  Except for Worthy, he seems to miss the wide open players.  Just doesn't see the field.

2 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Casey needs to also throw a better ball on a short pass like that.  He threw a hard pass behind Moore.  Moore seems pretty fragile.  We are missing Whittington badly. 

This is D1 football.  If a ball fucking hits your hands, you fucking catch it.  If you can't make catches that hit you in the fucking hands, go play at fucking Texas State...

Earlier in the year, our QB threw a fucking pass that hit Moore in the fucking head.  I kid you not, it is fucking infuriating seeing the condition of our WR room when fucking Herman signed 4 WRs every fucking class.  Andre Coleman needs to be fired yesterday.  I've been saying it since he was hired.  He is not, never was, and never will be a good WR coach.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

What about the fumble? Or the dropped easy TD?

hes directly the reason we arent up 28-10 or 35-10

Yeah Moore is playing like shit. Also  Moore’s fumble would have never happened if Casey didn’t throw X out of bounds on that easy TD pass that a high school QB could hit.  

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

And this is what I mean by saying Casey just isn't that good.  He's not bad...but good to great QBs see/anticipate that and drive the knife.  Average to mediocre QBs throw slightly behind the wrong guy.  

I'll be  honest, this type of arm chair QBing is fucking insane.  There were 2/3 guys in the backfield on the damned snap and you expect him to make the perfect throw/read with very little chance of success?

I get he's not a great QB, and he isn't throwing perfect, but please find another fucking play to prove your point.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Other than 1 throw, casey is playing fucking incredible

this board is regarded

Incorrect.

Took a delay to start the 2nd drive. then compounded that mistake with taking a sack.

Missed a wide open Worthy.

Missed a wide open Moore, or could have run for a 1st on 4th down.

Missed a wide open Worthy on the drop to Moore, which was an easier throw than threading the needle between 2 defenders, something he's not really good at doing.

He's playing at a B- level.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

And whoever mentioned it above, the Texas OL is indeed giving Casey plenty of time on most drop-back's.

They've handled the blitzes pretty well, too.

They're gonna give up some pressures and likely a sack here and there, but they're giving him more time than he's used to.

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Has to drive Sark insane.    Just fucking EXECUTE and we are up 17.  Guys have been in position to make plays all fucking game.   

1 minute ago, stork642 said:

Yeah Moore is playing like shit. Also  Moore’s fumble would have never happened if Casey didn’t throw X out of bounds on that easy TD pass that a high school QB could hit.  

Or of Moore catches the perfectly thrown TD pass on the play before.  Jesus christ.

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Two consecutive plays where he fucked up: 1) dropped well placed TD throw and 2) tipped pass over the middle leading to INT.

We could use a massive overhaul in the WR corps.

I thought Casey threw it a little too hard and behind him, but Moore fucked up by 1) not catching it, 2) tipping it up.   Dude seriously needs to practice the fundamentals of his job and learn to catch the damn ball more than 40% of the time.   

• immamac changed the title to [Game Thread] Texas at Baylor 11am on ABC