[Game Thread] Texas at Baylor 11am on ABC

GreenspointTexas

Just now, Real Papi said:

Should have kept Traylor.  Best coach we have had not even close 

Our program is a clusterfuck of stupid. Passing over Traylor to hire a retread with a track record of mediocrity was just another arrogant dipshit decision by a program controlled by arrogant dipshits. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, THUJONE said:

I don't think our coaches are to blame. I don't think the coaches are the problem. I think the school is the problem. We got good during Mack and it turned the football program into a glad-handing boy's club of mediocrity. I can't think of a coach barring Saban who could come in here and change the way things work here.

WE are the problem.

Actually I agree with you here. It isn’t just the culture of the football program, but the school. It’s who we try to recruit and get to come to school here, it’s the fans, it’s the money….it’s all of it. We aren’t serious about winning. At least we are serious in getting every facet of the school focused on winning. 

1 minute ago, THUJONE said:

I don't think our coaches are to blame. I don't think the coaches are the problem. I think the school is the problem. We got good during Mack and it turned the football program into a glad-handing boy's club of mediocrity. I can't think of a coach barring Saban who could come in here and change the way things work here.

WE are the problem.

The school is the same its always been. The school is never going to change for freaking football.

2 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

WE are the problem.

I 100% think the culture Deloss Dodds built is the issue. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, taybo20 said:

Actually I agree with you here. It isn’t just the culture of the football program, but the school. It’s who we try to recruit and get to come to school here, it’s the fans, it’s the money….it’s all of it. We aren’t serious about winning. At least we are serious in getting every facet of the school focused on winning. 

The move to the SEC was definitely not about about winning. I just hope we will be as good as Vanderbilt.

Just now, Chad said:

It's realistic that Baylor could play for the Big 12 title after finishing 2-7 last year. Okie St is gonna get their asses kicked in Bedlam like they always do, they've beaten OU a whopping two times with Gundy.

Yeah, I don't get the "rivalry". It's not even close. It's like Texas/aggy, except much, much worse. 

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Nor should we be. I have a good idea what’s going on with the team but I don’t want to add to an already crappy game. Or CR this shit up. 

it’s just gotten to a point where I feel like we should be paid to watch this shit not pay them for playing and coaching like shit

Well now I'm curious.  PM me if you really don't want to put it on the board.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

I never and I mean ever want to hear all gas no breaks again. Take the freaking slogan off of everything. It was stupid when we were 0-0 and it’s worse now

And "all gas no brakes" as well.  Reminds me too much of a pissed off psycho ex-gf fucking with the brakes on your car after she caught you cheating on her (even though you had already dumped her because she got really weird after she drugged you and tied you up and you woke up and she was shaving your scrotum and was telling you what a shame it would be if the razor slipped and how ever would she be able to have your kids, etc., etc.)

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

In a state that treats football as a religion, except for the flagship football program. 

That's a good thing if you are running the premier public university in the state. Football is way down the list of priorities for the University of Texas, and that's the way it should be.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, SarksJuggs said:

Some of this may be coaching but a lot of it is the players. They just flat out suck. They’ve been losers their entire time on campus and most of them will be selling air conditioners when their eligibility runs out. Nobody on this team ever nuts up and makes a play. 

We’re lacking talent but so is Baylor, oSu, etc. 

4 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

WE are the problem.

Who me? Lol

Maybe once we get some cruits with Sark and the SEC conference play to offer we can really find out who we are really gonna be for the foreseeable future.