Fat Gary? He gone.

Pancho

Good decision by both sides. That program was headed down the drain and Patterson was getting stale like Mack Brown's final years here. TCU knew they couldn't afford to wait it out and risk missing out on Traylor.

Patterson can focus full-time on his music career

Edited by Juke_Em

1 minute ago, Juke_Em said:

Good decision by both sides. That program was headed down the drain and Patterson was getting stale like Mack Brown's final years here. TCU knew they couldn't afford to wait it out and risk missing out on Traylor

Ummmm.....they already did.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chad said:

Ummmm.....they already did.

How so. He did right by UTSA increasing his buyout from $2M to $7.5M, but that doesnt mean somebody wont pay it. 

Should Traylor choose to leave UTSA before or during the first year of the new agreement, the school would be entitled to a $7.5 million buyout. That figure decreases to $7 million in the second year of the new contract, dropping by $1 million each of the following three years.

13 minutes ago, Juke_Em said:

Good decision by both sides. That program was headed down the drain and Patterson was getting stale like Mack Brown's final years here. TCU knew they couldn't afford to wait it out and risk missing out on Traylor.

Patterson can focus full-time on his music career

I think this is more like UT forcing DKR to spend his time hanging out with Wiliie and Waylon and the Boys.  2 decades in the wilderness.  TCU follows KSU and KU down the drain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Watch them hire Art Briles

I responded with a laugh cause you know how butt hurt Patterson always gets? He HATED Art Briles more than he hated any other coach. He was also physically scared of him. Nothing would make him crazier than being replaced by Briles. Briles would take the job, too. 

6 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

I responded with a laugh cause you know how butt hurt Patterson always gets? He HATED Art Briles more than he hated any other coach. He was also physically scared of him. Nothing would make him crazier than being replaced by Briles. Briles would take the job, too. 

Briles would take any FBS job offered to him.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Briles were younger, I think the odds that he would get hired might be higher, but he is turning 66 in December. I just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze. You'll take a metric fuckton of shit for the hire, and get how many years out of him? Maybe if it was a package deal with Kendall to acheive some sort of continuity, but i don't see it happening. In summary, fuck Art Briles. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, cafe society said:

TCU isn't hiring Art Briles.  Fat Pat won't be out of work long, unless he wants to be.  The burning question is if Mrs. Fat Pat travels with him.  And yes, I'd kick PK to the curb in a NY minute and hire Fat Pat to be our DC... if he would take it.  

Patterson isn't going to lower himself to be the DC at Texas.  He might be done.  I wonder if the NIL and other stuff wore on him.  He was there for 20 years though so it may just have been time.