If this team hasn't quit.

naija

this team 100% quit.  you could see it on defense with about 6 mins left in the 3rd quarter.  guys stopped trying to tackle and that was it.  

sark's future will be defined by how hard he goes into rebuild mode with the portal.  he has to completely re-build this shit from the bottom to the top.  

at this point, id rather have a bunch of 3-star guys that want to prove something than a bunch of these fucking entitled 4 and 5 star babies that give up.  our players are the issue here.  ill hold off on blaming sark, but if he doesnt go complete rebuild in the offseason and we replicate this shit next year, he needs to go

Edited by DiceHands
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

OK but i've watched these same coaches perform well at other places. Why do you think it is that they show such great competence elsewhere, then fail so hard when they come to this place?

You have coaches who have shown you they can coach before. That's why you hired them. Meanwhile you have this group of players where literally nobody ever flashes any real potential, ever, but it's all on the coaches? I mean i know it starts at the top but god damn these dude are so fuckimg worthless it fucking hurts to watch. Schooler and Brockermeyer are fucking scrubs. Absolute duds who would not even dress out for any D1 team anywhere else, much less be starters. We don't have a starting caliber QB. Our second best receiver can't fucking catch. Don't even get me started on the unathletic brigade of OL we're currently trotting out.

Also just think about the message being sent by constantly firing coaches. If you come here and struggle even a little bit, even in year 1, were gonna get all frothy at the mouth and wanna fire you? Like we actually deserve to have such high expectations after being a fucking loser ass laughing stock for the last decade? Honestly some of yall needed this reality check to show you where this program stands.

It's as if simply being up 28-7 against OU was enough for this team. After that they have shown nothing but regression.

Question, where in your mind has sark preformed well as a head coach? 

He has never won ten games in a single season.

he has never won a game when trailing at half  

he has never won a game when down by  10 points  

Those are crazy bad stats.

he is living off his rep as OC on ungodly talented USC and Bama teams  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

Question, where in your mind has sark preformed well as a head coach? 

He has never won ten games in a single season.

he has never won a game when trailing at half  

he has never won a game when down by  10 points  

Those are crazy bad stats.

he is living off his rep as OC on ungodly talented USC and Bama teams  

I honestly get the sentiment. Please don't mistake me for someone who knows wtf they are talking about. I'm just as lost as anyone and prefer stability for now.

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

I honestly get the sentiment. Please don't mistake me for someone who knows wtf they are talking about. I'm just as lost as anyone and prefer stability for now.

Nah. I got you. We are all struggling.

im just inpatient in life. Stability is important and I would be agreeing with you if we saw some sign of Improvment.  Even a little thing.   

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah, this is the worst roster I've seen at Texas. 

It's talent deficient at every position other than RB. People can keep bringing up all the 4 and 5 star players in comparison to teams like Iowa State but they're more talented if you watch them play. It's fairly obvious. You can watch teams and say "they suck but there's talent"...... I don't see any talent outside of a couple guys on this team. Guys with raw talent can make plays even with shitty coaching but there's none of that on this team. 

Somehow we've just done an absolutely terrible job of talent evaluation. 

So did every other school that recruited them and made them offers.

11 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Every post / recap of the game on TV mentioned the monkey . We are confusing people for laughing with us when they are laughing at us 

exactly.  fs1 was playing brass monkey during the game.  even the tv broadcast is getting in on the action.

fire this fucking dude tomorrow.  get that shit out of here. i dont even know what coach it is but i promise you we dont lose anything by canning his ass and sending him and his stripper whore wife out of town. 

Edited by DiceHands
  • Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, Cajun said:

This is how it’s done.  The players obviously don’t care, so neither do I from here on out.

Yup, I did not watch a single minute of the game.  I’m about as die hard of a fan there is.  I’m not only done with this team, I’m done with this program and administration. They brought a bunch of assistant coaches from Bama that have elite talent and have a bag network and expected them to do the same here where neither is present.  Oh yeah, I also want to emphasize that they hired a recovering addict that has a 7 win avg.  This program only cares about $$$ and eyeballs.  I’m giving them neither.  Not worth ruining your weekends.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

At the beginning of the season everyone was worrying about Card hitting the portal. Now we want to pack his bags for him. 

Thing is with a good OL and another receiver i think he could be a decent starter. He just needs some bad ass like Bijan to be the vocal leader on the team because he doesnt have it. He woukd have to lead with stellar play and when he sucks he's just worthless all around. 

1 hour ago, DiceHands said:

The players gave up in the 3rd quarter.  They are weak.  I hope all of them outside of Worthy and Bijan transfer.  Clean fucking house.

And fire the special teams coach or who ever the fuck it is that is fucking that stupid bitch with the monkey.  We don't need any more added embarrassment, we do enough of that on our own. 

we said the same shit about Charlie...and Herman to some extent.  It ain't about cleaning houses.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

At the beginning of the season everyone was worrying about Card hitting the portal. Now we want to pack his bags for him. 

Thing is with a good OL and another receiver i think he could be a decent starter. He just needs some bad ass like Bijan to be the vocal leader on the team because he doesnt have it. He woukd have to lead with stellar play and when he sucks he's just worthless all around. 

And with a good coach, and a good defense, and better choice in a college football program....

1 hour ago, DiceHands said:

The players gave up in the 3rd quarter.  They are weak.  I hope all of them outside of Worthy and Bijan transfer.  Clean fucking house.

And fire the special teams coach or who ever the fuck it is that is fucking that stupid bitch with the monkey.  We don't need any more added embarrassment, we do enough of that on our own. 

Is the special teams coach the guy responsible for Jamison continually running the ball out of the end zone and giving up field position inside the 20?

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I’ve seen countless teams with less raw talent, but very few with less fight in them. 

Yep.  I keep hearing the sentiment about how the coaches just need to upgrade the players.  While true, I honestly do not understand how an entire roster (minus 3) can be so bad AND get worse throughout the year.

Yep.  I keep hearing the sentiment about how the coaches just need to upgrade the players.  While true, I honestly do not understand how an entire roster (minus 3) can be so bad AND get worse throughout the year.

Demoralizing to watch your teammates stand around while the opponents tee off on your QB and RB while the gorilla boofers get tackled by grass. And the o-lines best play is a false start.

Hard to keep going in that environment and when you look around you the coach seems to be staring at his clipboard instead of paying attention.

7 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

It’s because these players don’t know how to win.  They are quitters.  Our fucking starting QB cleaned out his locker when he wasn’t handed the starting job.  This is the same guy we were asking to “lead” this team.  This roster isn’t as bad as people are making it out to be.  There are some talented guys forsure.  Are they Bama talented, HELL NO!  But this program has enough talent to compete in this shit conference.  The problem is that we are a terrible “team”.  They don’t play for one another.  They fold when they get punched.  They are entitled.  These coaches have no idea how to turn this around either.  Which of the coaches on this roster has ever rebuilt a program?  We should have fucking hired Matt Campbell or anyone that has actually proven to rebuild a program.  This admin needs to completely do away with the Longhorn media and give the coaches time to rebuild this.  We’re in a dark dark spot and I think it’s going to take us 5+ years to dig us out of this hole.  Sam willed this team to mediocrity.  He even got us a NY6 win and one big 12 championship appearance.  Do you see any other players maybe outside of Rojo that loves wearing the burnt orange?  These players don’t care and when it gets tough, they think transferring is the answer.  I don’t know how to fix this and I’m not sure it’s fixable until there is a full blown change in attitude and desire to win within the AD.  We haven’t even hit rock bottom yet, wait till we are the Vandy of the SEC… those teams are going to butt fuck us every week.

12 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

This went from the reincarnation of the Mackovic era to the reincarnation of the Strong era.   Yikes.

Also, Card is like the anti-playmaker at QB.   Thompson isn’t an NFL guy or anything, but Card has no chance to do anything.   That’s just stubbornness not to switch back to Thompson at some point.

And, as always, Sark has no adjustment whatsoever other than the QB hook.  Just like when Arkansas was rushing three and dropping deep (taking away playaction deep shots), Iowa State running the same defense - which we knew they would run - completely neutered Sark as a play caller.  His passing attack has nothing else in the bag he can go to, which is bizarre.  No quick game?  And you were an NFL OC (perhaps we are seeing why that was brief and ended in his firing).

Yes Sark should have put Casey back in the game so he could throw the ball into the ground 5 ft in front of the receivers some more.  Both Casey and Card suck.  Try RoJo at least he doesn’t play scared.  

2 hours ago, Chad said:

Former players from successful Texas teams of the past can't even stomach this bullshit.

Well, goddamn, Roy, it's only the third year running.

I'm really WTF about people saying "Iowa State, really?"

Fucking yes, really.  Where the hell have you been?  This ain't new.

Also, I want to point out how fucked this program is.  I watched the post game press conference.  Sark said they told the team the trick play was coming and they had practiced defending it.  They told them the play was coming on that specific down and we still couldn’t defend it.  This team is broken.  There is nothing they can do to fix them.  They need to do whatever they can to get to bowl eligibility bc they need the reps to try to coach some level of competency into them.  

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

It’s because these players don’t know how to win.  They are quitters.  Our fucking starting QB cleaned out his locker when he wasn’t handed the starting job.  This is the same guy we were asking to “lead” this team.  This roster isn’t as bad as people are making it out to be.  There are some talented guys forsure.  Are they Bama talented, HELL NO!  But this program has enough talent to compete in this shit conference.  The problem is that we are a terrible “team”.  They don’t play for one another.  They fold when they get punched.  They are entitled.  These coaches have no idea how to turn this around either.  Which of the coaches on this roster has ever rebuilt a program?  We should have fucking hired Matt Campbell or anyone that has actually proven to rebuild a program.  This admin needs to completely do away with the Longhorn media and give the coaches time to rebuild this.  We’re in a dark dark spot and I think it’s going to take us 5+ years to dig us out of this hole.  Sam willed this team to mediocrity.  He even got us a NY6 win and one big 12 championship appearance.  Do you see any other players maybe outside of Rojo that loves wearing the burnt orange?  These players don’t care and when it gets tough, they think transferring is the answer.  I don’t know how to fix this and I’m not sure it’s fixable until there is a full blown change in attitude and desire to win within the AD.  We haven’t even hit rock bottom yet, wait till we are the Vandy of the SEC… those teams are going to butt fuck us every week.

There are no play makers on defense and absolutely no leadership.  This team needs someone to stand up and lead.  

12 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

The coach was a terrible hire, just like Charlie Strong was. You win by hiring winners. We do it Jerry Jones-style and try to find a bargain. I’m about done spending any money on any of this. 

a 20 million dollar bargain lmao

The problem isn't that Texas doesn't spend money on coaches it's that there are so few good coaches in college football. 

If Texas fired Sark the best option would probably be Traylor who has 1 good season as a head coach in college football. I like Traylor but he's far from a proven winner (1 good season prior to Texas like Herman). 

Hiring coaches in men's basketball and baseball is much easier because there's such a larger pool of good coaches. 

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Coaches can't lay the blame on motivation entirely on the players.  Motivation is part of their job.

Sark needs to completely turn it around next year or get fired.

47 minutes ago, victory88 said:

This is NOT a Charlie Strong team that has average talent for the Big 12.  We are clearly more talented overall than anybody but OU and maybe Oklahoma St.  But we are less disciplined and less well coached.  And we don't have winners as you say.

Just now, bullet said:

This is NOT a Charlie Strong team that has average talent for the Big 12.  We are clearly more talented overall than anybody but OU and maybe Oklahoma St.  But we are less disciplined and less well coached.  And we don't have winners as you say.

Outside of recruiting rankings back up the claim that Texas is more "talented than anybody but OU?"

We won't get as many players on All-Big 12 teams as Iowa State, Baylor, Oklahoma State. We have fewer NFL caliber players than those teams. Outside of Bijan and maybe Worthy there isn't a player on this roster that will sniff a career in the NFL. 

IF there's raw talent on the team we should have NFL caliber players. We don't have talent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Cajun said:

90% of these players are Texas Tech level players.

And that’s probably a bit generous.

Who is ranking these players in High School with 4 *'s?  We got a bunch of 4 and even 5*'s that play like low 3*'s...We need  good talent evaluation as much as we need a new head coach...

13 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The problem isn't that Texas doesn't spend money on coaches it's that there are so few good coaches in college football.

If the stories are to be believed, within the last decade, the two best have taken our phone calls and listened to our pitch.  Unfortunately, we shit ourselves because the dipshit duo of Dodds/Powers wouldn't pull the trigger on their buddy Mack.  Then, these new guys weren't willing to go all in, make a deal with the devil, and hand over the keys and complete control of the program to a proven winner.  A narcissistic, cold-blooded psychopath, probably, but a winner.

So here we are.  On our way to the SEC with an attitude of "We're Texas, we'll hire an unproven head coach, who is an affable guy, maybe he learned some good shit from Saban, but let's not dirty our hands with any actions that may seem untoward when it comes to recruiting or NIL". 

Fuck our admin, AD, and BMDs who won't swallow their pride, get on the same page, and make this program about doing whatever it takes to win.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

Yup, I did not watch a single minute of the game.  I’m about as die hard of a fan there is.  I’m not only done with this team, I’m done with this program and administration. They brought a bunch of assistant coaches from Bama that have elite talent and have a bag network and expected them to do the same here where neither is present.  Oh yeah, I also want to emphasize that they hired a recovering addict that has a 7 win avg.  This program only cares about $$$ and eyeballs.  I’m giving them neither.  Not worth ruining your weekends.

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Also, I want to point out how fucked this program is.  I watched the post game press conference.  Sark said they told the team the trick play was coming and they had practiced defending it.  They told them the play was coming on that specific down and we still couldn’t defend it.  This team is broken.  There is nothing they can do to fix them.  They need to do whatever they can to get to bowl eligibility bc they need the reps to try to coach some level of competency into them.  

You didn’t watch the game, but tuned in for the post game press conference?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2021 is the team that actually made me quit. I was happy to have a friends 50th birthday party last night. I didn’t watch the first minute of the game and glad I didn’t.

Fuck this entire football program. It is an embarrassment. I’m done watching this pathetic shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Who is ranking these players in High School with 4 *'s?  We got a bunch of 4 and even 5*'s that play like low 3*'s...We need  good talent evaluation as much as we need a new head coach...

Recruiting services. It’s weird because other schools that get similarly rated classes do just fine. Guess we’re the only school that gets lied to.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Recruiting services. It’s weird because other schools that get similarly rated classes do just fine. Guess we’re the only school that gets lied to.

True, it is beyond strange that 70% or more of these guys are busts once they get here...Coaching and development is a big issue, but seems like there is something else beyond that in this program that could turn so many highly ranked players into crap...

We were whining about Mack back in the day not being able to develop players with his staff, and he still made it to the big show.  Maybe the school is putting to much classwork on these kids or something, just seems unreal that so many of them just aren't very good and lose their athletic abilities once they start playing here.

33 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Come on man. Texas is winning battles for these players. Not every battle against Alabama or tOSU but for damn sure almost every one against Tech, Baylor, and Okie Lite. Gundy isn’t rubbing his hands together cackling that Texas keeps taking the fake four stars. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Coaching 4 and 5 stars is different. At a P5 college level, one of the toughest things is teaching players how to be teammates. Every one of them, when they were in high school, they were the team, and everyone else had to get along with them. A three star is fighting his butt off to get a P5 offer. Four and five stars can choose between twenty solid schools. After they get to their college, you don't have a star rating, anymore. You have a player. 

Additionally, a lot of them made it on pure talent, and didn't have to correct their weaknesses. Saban's big strength is getting four and five stars to play like they're thrilled to make the team and may get benched if they don't excel. 

Read an interview with a Saban player, and he talked about when he got to his dorm he hung up his all state plaque, put his trophies on display, etc. He said Saban walked in and said, "Take that shit down. Everyone here has that." Saban knows how to motivate these guys without alienating them. 

Recruiting IS important, but there's a reason schools like Iowa State, Baylor and TCU have frequently placed higher than their recruiting rankings say they should. SOME three stars are a lot hungrier than SOME four stars, and some coaching staffs spend all their time coaching them up. A coached up three star will put an unmotivated four star on his ass. 

And yeah, if a guy gets offered by Alabama, LSU, Ohio State and Notre Dame, his star rating will go up over the same player if he gets offers from Purdue, Rutgers and Mississippi State. 

• Hook 'Em 1

One thing that bugged me about the game last night was the continued activities by ISU after the play was over and no one seemed to give a shit about their fellow teammates. Now, maybe they do, but they sure weren't showing it. Not saying injure someone, just show some god damned heart and fire. I guess for us it's:

When life gives you lemons...quit.

When the going get tough...quit.

When you come to the end of a rope, let go.

If you can't fly, quit. If you can't run, quit. If you can't walk, quit. Do whatever it takes to quit.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, but go ahead and quit just to be sure.

1 hour ago, bullet said:

But it definitely is. We have no fucking talent outside of a handful of guys. Our o line is 2014 bad. Our safeties and our “linebackers” are so fucking bad they make Scott Derry and Marcus Griffin look like first round picks. Our db’s are terrible. We can’t tackle. We can’t block a 3 man front on passing downs. Casey has gotten significantly worse throughout the year. Our tight ends are a net negative. But sark and co haven’t done a single fuckin thing to help these dudes out. I could’ve lived with a 7-5 year as long as we showed progress and  fight and no quit and and clear week to week mechanics improvement. But nope. Haven’t gotten any of that. Then losing 4 straight, all of which we had leads at halftime, then play like complete shit in the in the 2nd half for us to choke the game away. So yeah. We have shitty talent and shitty coaches 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

But it definitely is. We have no fucking talent outside of a handful of guys. Our o line is 2014 bad. Our safeties and our “linebackers” are so fucking bad they make Scott Derry and Marcus Griffin look like first round picks. Our db’s are terrible. We can’t tackle. We can’t block a 3 man front on passing downs. Casey has gotten significantly worse throughout the year. Our tight ends are a net negative. But sark and co haven’t done a single fuckin thing to help these dudes out. I could’ve lived with a 7-5 year as long as we showed progress and  fight and no quit and and clear week to week mechanics improvement. But nope. Haven’t gotten any of that. Then losing 4 straight, all of which we had leads at halftime, then play like complete shit in the in the 2nd half for us to choke the game away. So yeah. We have shitty talent and shitty coaches 

So explain why we have better talent for the first half against every single team we line up against. And have better recruiting classes. I’ll hang up and listen

• Hook 'Em 2

hate using aggy as an example, but since this thread is about quitting...

remember when they wanted to murder their awful freshman QB and they thought their season was over...

seems like that QB has been coached up and their team didn't quit.

i can't think of any aspect of our team that has progressed.

since it is college football, maybe teaching them to not quit matters.

It’s a sad situation. My 10 yo son was a rabid Texas fan- has Texas bedding and a flag on his wall. He gave up on them last night. Asked if he could switch out his room to Dallas Cowboys stuff. We’ve been bad for so long that we’re losing young fans who won’t grow up loving the horns and dream of playing for them.